Royall Rugby (2011)

Royall Rugby information

Year of Launch2011

HouseRoyall Lyme of Bermuda

About Royall Rugby

Royall Rugby is a masculine fragrance by Royall Lyme of Bermuda. The scent was launched in 2011

Royall Rugby fragrance notes

Reviews of Royall Rugby

Oviatt, you are exactly right! This reminds me almost EXACTLY of Yardley Citrus & Woods, so much so that I even wonder if it was repackaged! Very nice frag for the price and perfect for spring!
10th March, 2015
I applied some in a store, and I forgot what it was. But I kept going back to it on my arm. I had a few others in a couple of different places, but this one stood out. When I returned later and bought it, I felt it was too strong. I guess the good thing is that a little goes a long way, and it smells fresh and complex. But it does not have that clean, aquatic soapy kind of freshness like most newer scents. Instead, it has a rather deep & green, woody scent. It's kind of preppy, and I think aptly named.
26th January, 2015 (last edited: 30th March, 2015)
Oviatt Show all reviews
Very sharp and fresh and green. This reminds me strongly of Yardley's Citrus & Woods and even of Terre d'Hermes. The black currant note is a nice opening and not at all Ribena-like. This leads into the geranium note that has the green snap of freshly trampled grass, with earthy patchouli and Vetiver bringing up the rear. Very modern smelling for this very traditional house and a great addition to their line up of classics like Lyme and Bay Rhum. This is a fresh daytime scent that is perfect for the office and casual wear--a weekend visit to the pub would be the perfect setting for this. Masculine and sporty, this is an apt tribute to the game of Rugby and a nice alternative when something fresh yet deep is required.
26th December, 2014
I have been a big fan of this scent for a while, having sampled it on multiple occasions. I finally broke down and bought a bottle, and I couldnt be happier.

Rugby provides a balanced classic scent which reminds you of England. I happen to be a rugby player, and this makes you think of the field, the slight stain from wet grass, and the best part the english leather of rugby balls or a leather helmet. It is definitely a spring time scent, but it succeeds in providing a calming scent that is still masculine.

I would agree with some of the other reviews that Royall Lyme of Bermuda seems to struggle a bit with creating a scent with the greatest longevity, but this is definitely a scent that will stay stocked on my shelf for a long time.
27th December, 2013
Not for me

"A fragrance as unique as the game itself" -- Royall had it right, there. It carries a pleasant and spicy pine scent upon initially applying the fragrance, but it soon fades into smells of wood, grass, flesh, sweat, leather and such. It could just be my body's chemistry throwing it off, but it reminds me of the sense I get upon being socked in the jaw, which might be what Royall was after. I don't really enjoy thinking of that all day long. I imagine it might be better when paired with Brut or something. But for a single fragrance, I would buy a generic attempted emulation of Brut found in the dollar store over this one. Bottom line: what a disappointment from Royall. Get Royall Spyce or Lyme instead.

Pros: Exotic, complex, masculine, unique
Cons: Borderline stenchy

17th June, 2013

If you want to smell like you just stepped off the set of Dead Poets Society, this is the one for you! It evokes images of some prep school full of rich kids playing rugby on an autumn's day. It's a very "green" smell in the sense that it is fresh and well balanced. The dry down is great and for the money you can't beat it. Get the 4 oz. and buy the 8 oz. bottle to refill the 4 oz. bottle, because the 8 oz. bottles don't come with sprayers in any of the Royall line.

Pros: Great fragrance for the money.
Cons: Longevity will need a second bottle at work.

02nd June, 2013

Add your review of Royall Rugby

Shop for Royall Rugby products online

Shop for Royall Rugby at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Royall Rugby

Member images of Royall Rugby

There are no member images of Royall Rugby yet. Why not be the first?