Rose Bohème (2011)
by Providence Perfume Co.

Rose Bohème information

Year of Launch2011

HouseProvidence Perfume Co.
PerfumerCharna Ethier

About Rose Bohème

Rose Bohème is a shared / unisex perfume by Providence Perfume Co.. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Charna Ethier

Rose Bohème fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Bohème

Dark as hell. Massive patchouli and oudh combo. Skank, to the nth degree -- in a good way. I enjoy such skankiness personally... Dark rose hangs in the middle layer. Wet, woody thing emerges. Wet straw or soggy tea bag accord, like wet tea bags developing mold. Highly creative use of rose and such here... Saffron and rose take over later, with spurts of patchouli and oud weaving in and out... The skank recedes... It all mellows in time.

A solid three and a half stars.

...Add another star. The more I wear this, the more I enjoy it.
05th August, 2019 (last edited: 10th November, 2019)
Like a Montale without synthetics and how ironic for this to have oud in the formula and not in the name - an inversion of standard procedure. It's a very clever perfume and it's title is fitting: the licquorous rose suggests dandies, divas, brocade, fin de siècle Paris or Vienna, but it is not at all syrupy thanks to the oud, dry saffron and varnishy fir. The patchouli blends in seamlessly. Beautiful.
10th September, 2018
I visited Charna a couple years ago, looking for something new and unique. I took in as many fragrances as I could in one visit--I think I can handle about eight.

We had a long, wonderful talk about perfumery in general. In asking what I like, I said, I am absolutely not a rose woman.

What did I walk out with? Rose Boheme. It's a wonderful change-up from the non-floral scents I usually prefer.

I have Charna's shop on my visit list this summer. I can't wait to try her new fragrances!
13th March, 2018 (last edited: 15th March, 2018)
This is an interesting perfume. I'm glad to see red tea listed as a note to help me understand what I'm smelling. Prior to that, "wet hay" was the closest I had come to identifying the smell. It also has a hint of spicy cinnamon, which must also come from the red tea. Thumbs up for originality.
23rd June, 2017

Add your review of Rose Bohème

Shop for Rose Bohème products online

Member images of Rose Bohème

There are no member images of Rose Bohème yet. Why not be the first?