Meerschaum (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseSoivohle (Liz Zorn)
PerfumerLiz Zorn

About Meerschaum

Meerschaum is a shared / unisex perfume by Soivohle (Liz Zorn). The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Liz Zorn

Meerschaum fragrance notes

Reviews of Meerschaum

A superb, dark green opening note: spicy, leafy, attractive. Melds well with the developing rich pipe tobacco chord including coumarin - mint - hay - grass. This is a beautiful combo. I'm normally not a big fan of tobacco scents but this is a winner. The amber gets a bit sweet in the dry-down, but is never problematic. Well done! Quite masculine in style.
05th February, 2015
I was given two samples of Soivohl's Meerschaum. One is labeled Absolute and the other Demi-Absolute. This review is for the Demi-Absolute.

Like many fragrances, the initial 10 or 15 seconds after application can be a bit unpleasant. This one in particular smells exactly like chloraseptic spray (that green sore throat spray). HAVE PATIENCE! Don't scrub. After a couple minutes the medicinal notes mellow down into some of the most beautiful Moss & Leather I've encountered. I can pick out the chamomile too as I became familiar with the accord as used in Soivohl's Cumberland Ti. I'd personally like more of the great tobacco note I can detect in there, but I'm not the expert and I'm also CRAZY for tobacco... so I'll trust that less tobacco is what helps me enjoy that wonderful moss so much!

Edit*

I went back and spent some time with the Meerschaum Absolute and it's delicious. Less medicine and much more tobacco. It may sound strange but for me it brings up some very old memories of hunting with my father. If you like Moss or Tobacco you will NOT be disappointed.
30th May, 2012 (last edited: 31st May, 2012)

Add your review of Meerschaum

Shop for Meerschaum products online

Search Amazon for Meerschaum

Member images of Meerschaum

There are no member images of Meerschaum yet. Why not be the first?