Set Sail Martinique for Men (2010)
by Tommy Bahama

Set Sail Martinique for Men information

Year of Launch2010

HouseTommy Bahama
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Set Sail Martinique for Men

Set Sail Martinique for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tommy Bahama. The scent was launched in 2010

Set Sail Martinique for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Set Sail Martinique for Men

Purchased for $15 at TJ Maxx. I always liked the TB clothing line and had read that they put out a decent tropical aquatic. For the low cost, I figured it was worth the try. SS4 Martinique is basically a citrus-lavender bomb with a splash of sun lotion scent on the side. It doesn't last forever, maybe 3 to 4 hours tops, and will faintly remind you of any number of calone intense aquatics of designer name. AdG, Polo Blue, Kenzo are all better quality aquatics, but for $15, SS4M is a great deal, and will give you a tropical option in your collection.
30th March, 2015 (last edited: 04th April, 2015)
Martinique is my go to summer scent. I pick up the 3.4oz bottle for $15 at my local TJ Max (where I find the majority of my fragrances). I bought this bottle on the whim, without smelling it or knowing anything of it. I knew I was looking for an aquatic fruity scent, and after a quick google search it seemed like it was worth a shot for the price. I was not disappointing and have yet to become. Set Sail Martinique is very fresh and inviting. It has a spicy coolness but also a sweet tangy citrus opening that is enticing. This settles down into a spiced rum base with a heavy bergamont finish. I love the scent, and even though I find it similar to Nautica Voyage, it is much more fruity, and again, the tangy citrus is mouth watering. The longevity is poor, but it projects strongly for about 4 hours. Worth the money if you can find it at a liquidation store or online, but the msrp is marked up significantly.
05th January, 2015
I thought Martinique was rather boring at first, but considering how simple it is I've come to enjoy this one for what it is - the bare essence of what makes an aquatic. This is a fragrance for warm climes, made for people that want a pleasant, uncomplicated scent. Because it is so pared down it also makes for a good sport/workout choice. Frags like this get buried in my collection and most are eventually sifted out but that's only for reasons of oversaturation and practicality. This is an easy gift choice for anyone in your life that enjoys golf on a sunny day off, sea sports, or lazy beach days. It seems far less chemically offensive than most inexpensive aquatics and I really like that.
13th January, 2014
This is nice, like most other TB offerings. Actually smells like a flanker to the Set Sail St. Bart. Same coconuty beachy feel but less bright sunshine and more cool evening breeze. I like it.
27th November, 2013
Boring, generic

Similar to: Nautica Voyage, Bvlgari Aqva, The American Line Navy/Liberty.

Every now and then, along comes a flanker that is just so bad. This is one of those times. I strongly believe this will be the last one from the line up, unless they can redeem themselves. St Barts was awesome, Very Cool was different, the original was pretty good, and South Seas was amazing. But, St Martinque.. just horrible.

The opening is a blatant rip off of Maruice Raucel's Nautica Voyage, although it smells more concentrated, like too much packed in there. It transforms into an overdose of the calone accord, picture the main note in Bvlgari Aqva, aka "watery" or "aquatic" notes. As if the overly aquatic top wasn't already bad, in comes an overly musky dry down, with a very poorly done musk note. Strangely I get a heavy dose of figs in the dry down as well.

I guess I'm in the minority with this one, I simply don't like it, and I wouldn't recommend anybody go out of their way to try and find it, as it's probably one of the harder to find Tommy Bahama scents. Though it has been flooding the shelves lately.

If you own Nautica Voyage, don't even bother with this.. take my word. Voyage is much higher quality and much more well rounded.
22nd August, 2013 (last edited: 20th February, 2015)
Swanky Show all reviews
Aptly Named

Martinique does give the vibe of sea air and suntan lotion overlaying a mild woody aspect. For the occasions where I might be inclined to wear this style of fragrance (summer at the ocean, for example) Set Sail Martinique fits the bill. The drydown has a figgy nature further bolstering the mirage of lounging in the shade while being fed coconut milk and fruits by island girls.

Pros: Solid longevity, affordable, different from the typical aquatic
Cons: Not overly exciting"

18th July, 2013

Add your review of Set Sail Martinique for Men

Shop for Set Sail Martinique for Men products online

Shop for Set Sail Martinique for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Set Sail Martinique for Men

Member images of Set Sail Martinique for Men

There are no member images of Set Sail Martinique for Men yet. Why not be the first?