Golden Boy (2010)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 26 ratings

Golden Boy Fragrance Notes

Golden Boy information

Golden Boy is a men's fragrance by Dueto Parfums. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Golden Boy

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar

Golden Boy is a nice, rubbery leather scent, soft and linear, almost abstract, sharp and clean, with a silky vanillin base, perhaps light floral notes too, bright minty-balsamic accents and a smooth woody base surrounding the leather accord, which actually smells more like brand new leather-look goods – on the polar opposite from stuff like Knize or most of 1970's leather fougères. Golden Boy is a "boy" in fact, it's young, "urban", refined, unpretentious, playful, a teenager in the leather family - the "family" of trendy and clean leather scents à la Tuscan Leather, "fake" and perfectly shaped. Golden Boy is quite close to that, just simpler, more "naif", less smoky, less "manly" and less dark. Not sure if it would be worth the price, as to be honest it's fun but quality wise, barely decent to me, but if you are into light, modern leather scents and you're on a tighter budget, it may be a nice compromise for you.

6,5/10

28 July, 2014

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Golden Boy demonstrates what a curious thing a lightweight leather can be – in this case, airy and creamy and enlivened a bit by violet leaf. It comes across as being in denial about its true nature. I find serious, doom-laden leathers every bit as challenging as the next person, but this iteration for all its suede softness just seems insubstantial, like those foams one kept being served when food fads dictated that they were the height of haute cuisine. Golden Boy does have staying power, but seems content to keep mumbling in its corner.
    I haven’t tried Tuscan Leather, so can’t comment on any perceived similarities.

08 December, 2013

surge's avatar

Just got my sample today -- I really like it.
    It reminds me of Tuscan Leather but with violet (think chez bond or fahrenheit).
    Interesting combination to say the least.
    Considering the price, two thumbs way up.
    Good buy, definitely.

09 August, 2012

Amos Jolthead's avatar

On first blast, I instantly notice the suede and leather notes. The opening note is very powerful and intense, reminds me of Keiko Mecheri’s A Fleur de Peau's opening note – an opening note that is a bit rabid, coarse and masculine with leather. After a few minutes, the saffron and violet leaf become cognizable. I notice the leather, suede, and incense mix all throughout this fragrance.

I really don’t get many of the other middle notes than the leather, although I fear this is due to my inexperience rather than any problem with the fragrance.

After a few hours, the vanilla comes creeping through in the base notes. A pleasing touch for the conclusion of GB.

I really enjoyed this sample, yet I cannot find any online retailers that sell this, so I am unaware of what the price would be for a full bottle.

27 July, 2012

michailG's avatar

To be honest I have tested both City Love (CL) and Golden Boy (GB) twice today and what I get is a very similar vibe. It is as if both perfumes are variations on the same theme however GB has no rose or patchouli notes listed. To my nose though the vanilla at its base gives Golden Boy the gourmand accord of CL. The opening of GB vaguely reminds me of the strange composition of "A new perfume" by CdG. There is no lilly listed in GB so I guess it may be the violet leaves that gives it that similar kick. GB is sweet, light and potent, and is certainly more green/herbal than CL, therefore I think that it is absolutely more wearable than CL even if at some point I thought that the first was a watered down version of the second. I do think that despite their different perfumers these two creations are of the same genre. Although this is not very imaginative it works well for marketing purposes since GB is promoted as a masculine fragrance while CL stays diplomatically undefinable. In any case if you like a well made long lasting sweet fragrance that is not overpowering and works well on the skin give GB a try. All said a sweet fragrance for me has to be at least ethereal too and GB is not ethereal.

25 June, 2012

mickers's avatar

What we have here is an excellent leather fragrance. Soft smooth and slightly creamy. Very very reminiscent of tuscan leather by tom ford. Very powerful fragrance and the longevity is outstanding. This one gives tuscan leather a run for the money. Very smooth leather mixed with saffron sitting on a gentle creamy vanilla.

30th April, 2012

Add your review of Golden Boy

Search for on eBay United States

Dueto Parfums-Golden Boy Men's Perfume 3.4 oz / 100 ml EDP New Sealed Box
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 5 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)