City Oud (2010)

City Oud Fragrance Notes

City Oud information

City Oud is a unisex fragrance by Dueto Parfums. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of City Oud

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

Darvant's avatar

Extremely synthetic oudh-rose-patchouli spicy combo supported by a touch of Iso E driven incense and balsamic vegetal resinous oils. Also in this Dueto's scent (as well as yet detected in City Love) I catch a common foundation with scents a la Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh (or better Ecstasy in this case) and partially Montale Black Aoud, Xerjoff More Than Words or Mancera the Aoud (rose, resins, patchouli and spices over a resinous creamy musky base) and also in here the creamy-soapy synthetic vibe is immediately evident (by soon a sort of spicy creaminess with a faint medicinal vibe and without a deep woody starkness) while a powdery substance (a talky synthetic vibe, initially pungent) keeps immediately standing out; anyway, while in City Love the floral notes (and a more balanced combination of elements) provide a minimum of subtle urban/chic aura and a touch of floral subtleness and delicacy, in City Oud the synthetic saffron-oud-olibanum accord is really too much gassy, heavy, vaguely decadent, one-dimensional, salty-acid and plastic-resinous with nothing residually urban or metropolitan (really to much for something aimed to evoke urban ambiences). Probably the combination of chemical elements is not well balanced or something is not properly at its place. The rose of course is notable as single floral listed note combined with resins and ambroxan in a sort of liturgical synthetic accord that is frankly anything but urban (a sinister little church of the country-side jumps on mind). The dry down is indeed more delicate, creamy-resinous and ostensibly rosey but without anything vaguely playing in a vibrant or anyway semi-realistic way. Barely mediocre.

21st November, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

City Oud is in fact, a "metropolitan oud", with a rubbery and pungent opening, less Oriental and more Western, with a lot of monotone, vaguely urban-industrial echoes. The rose note is there, just so heavy and synthetic (partially in a good way) that it blends with the oud note to the point it all becomes a blurry, dry black hole. In the surroundings, spices (saffron), a slight nutty note which I guess it's a nuance of oud since I already smelled it several other times in (mediocre) oud scents, and a salty-metallic base – which again, I often encounter with synthetic renditions of oud. Frankly a bit boring and initially also fairly cloying, or however not the most pleasant thing to carry around on oneself. The drydown goes better, softer and more rosey, but still uninteresting. I get the attempt in making a rose-spicy oud with a "urban" soul, but it smells dull, a bit uninspired and with no particular substance to make this stand out from the (ultracrowded) crowd of ouds – my opinion, of course.

5,5-6/10

01st August, 2014

ElvisKlava's avatar

Golden heaven

I bought it after I received the free samples, and let me tell you, it is worth every penny from the £77 price tag. I am unable to write a meticulous details of the smell unfortunately, however I found it very long lasting and always making me want to put a suit on wen wearing it; it is a very posh and rich smell and I love it.

After wearing it for a night, I could even smell it all over my clothes on the next day. I usually wear this for more of a special occasions, as for me, it is too rich and vagrant for simple everyday use.

13th August, 2013

senore01's avatar

Way too feminine for a man's fragrance. Gave this one to my wife. No way I would wear this. I love Dior Homme and DHI, but this, totally non masculine.

21st June, 2012