Ferrari Essence Oud (2011)
by Ferrari

Ferrari Essence Oud information

Year of Launch2011

HouseFerrari
Parent CompanyInvestindustrial > Morris

About Ferrari Essence Oud

Ferrari Essence Oud is a masculine fragrance by Ferrari. The scent was launched in 2011

Ferrari Essence Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Ferrari Essence Oud

Unfortunately my skin totally eats this one up and on me it's not the beast-mode scent that others describe. Now that I have that out of the way, I'll move on to the good news. This is a fantastic scent. I get quite a bit of suede, some dark oud lingering in the background and a fair amount of sweet, jammy rose. Upon different wearings I have experienced various facets of this scent. At times it's all about the suede and oud, but with some wearings I get strong hints of the smoke that some describe. The rose is pretty much everpresent and very enjoyable.

Although this doesn't seem to project as well for me as it does for others, the longevity makes up for any other shortcomings. I get around 10-12 hours of enjoyment out of each wearing.

This is a definite thumbs up and I will likely be looking for a backup bottle soon as this is one that I want to have in my wardrobe for many years to come.

Longevity = 9 out of 10
Projection = 7 out of 10
Overall = 9 out of 10 (9.5/10 when I catch wafts of smokiness)
02nd July, 2016
An interesting mix of some manner of rose / cherry opening, pervasive oud, and very understated animalic, gasoline, and leather elements. If anything, I would like the automotive concept to be taken further and ramp up the smoke, fumes, and oil. The oud should take a back seat here, in my view (not that there's much of a back seat in most Ferraris). A fascinating take on a 'Western' version of an oud scent, but as with all oud that I have tried so far, not wearable on a daily basis. The quest continues.
08th May, 2016
Better than you would expect. I think Sergio Marchionne took over from Luca di Montezmolo he shook the fragrance department and demanded better fragrances.

As a result, the current offerings are far better than they should be considering Ferrari knows nothing about fragrance (?)

Essence Oud is medicinal oud plus rose. Not my cup of tea but it is true to the name and worth the $$ been asked for it. That said, my $$ goes to Leather Essence.
28th August, 2015
IMO the best Ferrari fragrance I ever smelled.
Perfect fragrance as the rose is not too strong nor dirty (don't like that) in the oud-rose combo but soft and a little powdery and also the oud itself does not scream neither smells medicinal or band-aid like. Fragrance lasts through the day with perfect sillage, evolves a lot and ends up after about 10-12 hrs with a very nice, dry and powdery leathery labdanum smell that actually smells a bit like the main smell of Davidoff Leather blend, which is an excellent leather fragrance! Really love this stuff!
Rating: 9/10

20th July, 2015
All parts of this fragrance perform as smooth and forceful as a screaming Ferrari engine...crank it up and smell the smoky oud emanating from the tail pipes...start gaining speed and the air becomes spicier and thicker, with the whiff of crisp roses providing contrast to all this sleek ferocity. A subtle pungent aroma is there to tickle your nostrils. After a few hours this sleek, smooth beast slows down and comes to a slightly sweet, leathery yummy destination that will last until you finally shower.
13th June, 2014
Just a trip to a holy shrine in middle east countries!
As a guy who lives in IRAN I'm completely familiar with rose and oud scents. because in holy shrines in my country they burn oud and spray sweet and dark hand made fragrance named as "Tea Rose" to the air to stink all holy shrine places and I hate this combination!
This fragrance remind me of that smell!
The opening is smoky and dark incense scent mixed with some oud and sweet notes. there is no sign of rose. GOOD!
In the mid, the smoky incense settled down and now you can smell dark and sweet rose note mixed with oud. hello there Holy Shrine!
In the base you have a strong in your face sweet smell mixed with oud and some rose and saffron in the background.
Both projection and longevity is very good.
Good smell but personally I don't want to smell like a holy shrine!
Nope, not for me.
01st June, 2014

Add your review of Ferrari Essence Oud

Shop for Ferrari Essence Oud products online

Shop for Ferrari Essence Oud at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ferrari Essence Oud

Member images of Ferrari Essence Oud

There are no member images of Ferrari Essence Oud yet. Why not be the first?