Original Penguin for Men (2011)
by Original Penguin

Original Penguin for Men information

Year of Launch2011

HouseOriginal Penguin

About Original Penguin for Men

Original Penguin for Men is a masculine fragrance by Original Penguin. The scent was launched in 2011

Original Penguin for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Penguin for Men

Apples, Fir, Lavender, Pepper, Musk, Neroli, Patchouli, Vanilla.

Sometimes, mediocrity is not only a safe bet, but pleasant and versatile enough to be considered an intelligent addition to ones wardrobe. Penguin for Men is a contemporary take on the somewhat overdone Musk-Patch-Vanilla trifecta.I purchased this sometime in 2014 at TJM for peanuts and once worn, I was pleasantly surprised.

Original Penguin certainly doesn't break any new ground, but I have to admit that price point aside, this is a comfortable wear when you just want to smell good and not have to think about it. The cost is another advantage, aside from the fact that this is a year round scent.

Penguin opens with a rather well done accord consisting of slightly balsamic apple and citrus. There's subtle spice with just a hint of sour-bitter in the mix. I genuinely enjoy the accord and only wish it could retain its vibrancy and vitality. Of course it does not, but then again, there's no fragrance that accomplishes that feat.

I suppose the only thing I wish this fragrance did not possess was the synthetic quality that so many current releases have. The chemical quality is usually a big turn off for me personally, but in Penguin it's simply noted and tolerated.

The base reveals a musky vanilla that's played at low volume. The Patchouli is subdued on my skin and exhibits an earthiness as opposed to a conventional patch aroma. That aspect works well to maintain a modern feel to Penguin for Men. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3 to 4 hours on me before I reapply. Original Penguin is a safe, polite choice with versatility. Thumbs up from SS for Penguin and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.
01st March, 2015
Got this as a gift and surprisingly it smells pretty good. It's not something I'd use as my signature scent, but i don't really find it offensive. I never really gave it thought into buying it seeing as how it was stocked in shelves in Walmart and i was definitely wrong. It's definitely worth a shot.
27th December, 2013
Odd fragrance.

Having tested all 3 of the Original Penguin fragrances, this one is quite a bit better than the others. Doesn't really say much because the flankers are horrible, but this is at least somewhat pleasant. When I first sprayed this I got a really odd chemically synthetic new tennis shoe type smell combined with what smells like cola. Oddly enough I enjoyed this part of the fragrance. Where this falls apart is the dry down and what smells like a really bad patchouli note. Completely ruined the fragrance for me and had to scrub it off. Poor release.

Pros: Has some unusual accords. Inexpensive.
Cons: Has some unusual accords."

18th July, 2013
Classic style with modern feel

This is a great everyday signature scent. Warm and spicy with a fresh woody body; fades into a very pleasant musk with hints of vanilla and patchouli, in just the right amounts to not jump forward and dominate, but to add texture and tones to the dry down. I loved this right away and it's the only cologne that my girlfriend loves on me. Longevity is great, lasting at least 6-8 hours on me, with above average silage. Definitely a compliment getter. Some elements may remind you of parts of some other newer fragrances out there, but this has a very classic and retro feel (in the best way). A great blend of manly and mature, with young and fresh. Can be worn for most occasions I think.

Pros: Amazing tones, fantastic longevity, bargain price

11th June, 2013
The opening is pretty vile, the pepper note is done well though, I sense a pink pepper. The rest of it is all over the place. The mid gets kind of nice, turns into like a black cherry cola like scent, also reminiscent of a light Escada Magnetism, the dry down is sweet and musky.

This is a good fragrance if you like dry downs more than openings, and you love orientals, this one hits the spots there. Longevity is about 6 hours, but projection is on the weak side on my skin. I personally don't this fragrance unique, definitley not the opening, however, the dry down is a little different. Think Musc Ravageur, creamy vanilla and musk.
09th September, 2012
A very well-executed fragrance that clearly exhibits all of the notes it claims to retain. Starts off with a pleasant fruity sweetness that moves into darker territory at the base, with a peppery lavender floral note serving as the intermediary between the two stages. Try this out; I surely cannot imagine you being disappointed.

Also: Wears somewhat close with average to above-average longevity. Perfect for everyday wear, though it would probably be an unbelievable scent for the late fall.
26th June, 2012

Add your review of Original Penguin for Men

Shop for Original Penguin for Men products online

Shop for Original Penguin for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Original Penguin for Men

Member images of Original Penguin for Men

There are no member images of Original Penguin for Men yet. Why not be the first?