Original Penguin for Men (2011)
    by Original Penguin

Original Penguin for Men Fragrance Notes

Shop for Original Penguin for Men products online

Reviews of Original Penguin for Men

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

harimonstr's avatar
    harimonstr

Got this as a gift and surprisingly it smells pretty good. It's not something I'd use as my signature scent, but i don't really find it offensive. I never really gave it thought into buying it seeing as how it was stocked in shelves in Walmart and i was definitely wrong. It's definitely worth a shot.

27 December, 2013

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Odd fragrance.

Having tested all 3 of the Original Penguin fragrances, this one is quite a bit better than the others. Doesn't really say much because the flankers are horrible, but this is at least somewhat pleasant. When I first sprayed this I got a really odd chemically synthetic new tennis shoe type smell combined with what smells like cola. Oddly enough I enjoyed this part of the fragrance. Where this falls apart is the dry down and what smells like a really bad patchouli note. Completely ruined the fragrance for me and had to scrub it off. Poor release.

Pros: Has some unusual accords. Inexpensive.
    Cons: Has some unusual accords."

18 July, 2013

EB_'s avatar
    EB_

Classic style with modern feel

This is a great everyday signature scent. Warm and spicy with a fresh woody body; fades into a very pleasant musk with hints of vanilla and patchouli, in just the right amounts to not jump forward and dominate, but to add texture and tones to the dry down. I loved this right away and it's the only cologne that my girlfriend loves on me. Longevity is great, lasting at least 6-8 hours on me, with above average silage. Definitely a compliment getter. Some elements may remind you of parts of some other newer fragrances out there, but this has a very classic and retro feel (in the best way). A great blend of manly and mature, with young and fresh. Can be worn for most occasions I think.

Pros: Amazing tones, fantastic longevity, bargain price
    Cons:

11th June, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar
    The_Cologneist

The opening is pretty vile, the pepper note is done well though, I sense a pink pepper. The rest of it is all over the place. The mid gets kind of nice, turns into like a black cherry cola like scent, also reminiscent of a light Escada Magnetism, the dry down is sweet and musky.

This is a good fragrance if you like dry downs more than openings, and you love orientals, this one hits the spots there. Longevity is about 6 hours, but projection is on the weak side on my skin. I personally don't this fragrance unique, definitley not the opening, however, the dry down is a little different. Think Musc Ravageur, creamy vanilla and musk.

09 September, 2012

plainsight's avatar
    plainsight

A very well-executed fragrance that clearly exhibits all of the notes it claims to retain. Starts off with a pleasant fruity sweetness that moves into darker territory at the base, with a peppery lavender floral note serving as the intermediary between the two stages. Try this out; I surely cannot imagine you being disappointed.

Also: Wears somewhat close with average to above-average longevity. Perfect for everyday wear, though it would probably be an unbelievable scent for the late fall.

26 June, 2012

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

This is a sweet woody fragrance, that although quite common out there now, is so well executed that it deserves a lot of praise. I like the no holds barred approach. It is not weak, neither is it overbearing. Imagine Givenchy Play without the synthetic edge.
    Thumbs up in my book.