Baque (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Baque

Baque is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Baque

Genre: Woody Oriental

A sweet dried fruit and tobacco composition in what I consider to be the typical, dense, viscous Slumberhouse style. Not necessarily the most nuanced or distinctive scent in Josh Lobb’s current lineup (those would be New Sibet and Norne, respectively), but appealing enough, especially on a cold, damp Pacific Northwest winter night.
03rd July, 2018
This is another one in the oriental style that I associate with Opium Pour Homme edp. This smells like a great take on it. It has the feel of what I would expect, or hope for, from an independent, or niche, perfume company: a rich, complex, small-batch-production feel, more natural smelling than a mass-market fragrance.

The base isn't a problem, necessarily, but it becomes simplistically one-dimensional sweetness - benzoin, it smells like to me.
02nd July, 2018
I was glad to obtain Baque via blind buy after it was reintroduced in 2017 and while it's not up to the very high level of most the house's perfumes, it's still strong and leaves an impression.

I echo the reviewer who likened it to stewed fruits, as I repeatedly turn to this analogy. Genre-wise, it's boozy and woody more so than fruity, though, and while I get hints of tobacco leaf, it feels wholly dominated by the apricot and vanilla that render the final product so sweet.
It's slightly creamy and spicy as well but these are lesser descriptors.

Baque's longevity is still excellent like most Slumberhouse fragrances but its projection is certainly slightly lower than most of the house's other offerings.

Certainly this is one I'd recommend fans of Slumberhouse trying as there's a thread in it that connects it Josh's other creations, but for those new to the house, it does not represent its best, in my opinion. Still, a bottle I'm happy to hang onto and occasionally use.

7 out of 10
11th March, 2018
Update review:

Now that I've spent more time with Baque, I've come to appreciate it even more. This is an excellent fragrance. Where before I was picking up mostly tobacco, (which smells great by the way), I am now smelling the apricot, the cedar, and the vanilla. These show up later in the dry down, or at least, that's when I can smell them. The initial blast has been the tobacco leaf, but I'm extremely excited to smell the complexity that Baque holds. I look forward to continuing my exploration of Baque. I'm very grateful to IsoESuperman for helping a brother out with the purchase of this amazing fragrance by Josh Lobb and Slumberhouse! IsoESupes...you are a true gentleman!!!
11th October, 2017 (last edited: 14th November, 2017)
This. This tobacco. This is what I wanted to come out of my SL Fumerie Turque bottle.

Frog Morton - On the Town (Latakia) pipe tobacco in the tin some dry dusty hay and some prune. What's that? The pyramid says apricot? haha OK then, apricot it is.

Brilliant and simple.
08th November, 2016
This smells like part of Ore -- the hardwood mulch and resin that glows warmly-- without the edible caramel, chocolate, and booze. I find it soft and wearable. Fruit notes are faint, existing only as part of a flavored tobacco leaf. I'm pretty neutral on this, and I'd put it behind Ore, which takes a clear direction and has the feel of a "finished" product. I was surprised to find that Baque didn't predate Ore because it smells more like a prototype. Then again, deconstruction is an art form. So, think Ore-minus-gourmand, and you are well set to enjoy Baque.
30th June, 2014

Buy It Now for only: $43.90

Buy It Now for only: $81.00

Buy It Now for only: $19.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Slumberhouse Baque PURE PERFUME NEW 2 ML DECANT MYSTERIOUS APRICOT TOBACCO !!!

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 3:47:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $38.00

Member images of Baque

There are no member images of Baque yet. Why not be the first?