Pohadka (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseYS Uzac
PerfumerVincent Micotti

About Pohadka

Pohadka is a shared / unisex perfume by YS Uzac. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Vincent Micotti

Reviews of Pohadka

Pohadka is quite a strange name, isn't it? Internet says it is Check for fairy tale. This starts as a sweet, spicy, pungent floral or is it some kind of heavy herbal ?... I don't know. Very soon after I get tobacco which I guess makes Pohadka a serious adult affair. I don't have the nose to discern much development here. I can only say that at later stages too Pohadka sustains a sweet-herbal accord. Pohadka is rather a seamless composition. After 7 hours on my skin it leaves a sweet spicy trace that is barely noticeable. But when I breath onto my skin, I can get a spicy deeper herbal accord. On my clothes it is of course more evident but there the spiciness is considerably less. I have been wearing Pohadka for a couple of days now and I can't make up my mind about it. The sillage is ok and in fact any stronger might have rendered it offensive. The longevity is average (6 hours). At times I have been getting whiffs that are almost intoxicating but the overall feeling is that of wearing a sweet overbearing perfume. In fact to be honest I find Pohadka too perfumey. It has this vibe of a perfume of a past era ... not my cup of tea.
23rd September, 2015
YS Uzac Pohadka opens freshly grassy in a way more than vaguely conjuring several Oriza L. Legrand's synthetically botanic performances. The note of immoretelle is heady in the top, with all its charge of aromatic earthiness and anisic grassiness. The first blast is indeed slightly medicinal, ostensibly (fluidy) cardamomish, leafy and aldehydic, not without a sort of "harsh hay/tobacco-veined" vaguely citric (and since now slightly leathery) undertone. The listed note of tobacco is indeed hyper dry and licorice veined but it gradually evolves in a more linear, soapy and fluidy way (spicy, airy, barely laundry, leathery and slightly exotic). Anyway in its complex the aroma is stiff and green (finally not more grassy but freshly musky-soapy) but still veined by this dry tobacco's feel (the latter still alive despite a touch of white balminess and a faint sophisticated floral spark). Along the base notes leather emerges combined with a "woods-tobacco" agreement and with the musky soapiness but the general accord is frankly flat and somewhat uninspired. The final muskiness is galaxolide-centered, chemical, "green tea-like driven" and un-realistic. The aroma goes fading quickly on my skin. Longevity and projection are almost "ghostly". Negligible, not my cup of tea.
20th July, 2015
‘And now for my latest trick...’ In Ys Uzac’s case it is showcasing the fault line between warm, ‘serious’ notes – immortelle, leather, vanilla – and cool, lightweight ones – shiso, grass, fresh herbs. This perfume could just as easily have been called Fracture. It’s an appealing idea, after all the vast majority of modern art is striving to create something lasting from disjuncture and dislocation to echo our broken times.
The overall scent is somewhat disorienting to begin with but jolie laide; it calls to the wearer in its pitch-separated voice. The fresh and warm elements are held in pretty equal balance with the starring roles going to the immortelle and the shiso. Eventually of course the more powerful elements win out and the drydown is mainly a tasty immortelle-tobacco affair with more than a hint of licorice.
But the strength of the thing is another matter – why are so many of Ys Uzac’s releases so watered down?
12th June, 2015
The opening of Pohadka is peculiar and intriguing, although not exactly pleasant. Harsh, odd chemical notes with aldehydes melting with floral-citrus notes (synthetic and pungent, like in citral-scented floor cleaners), a somehow milky base, a feel of incense, something initially similar to earthy tobacco which will soon reveal itself as immortelle, balsamic notes, spices... shortly a bit of a clumsy soup at first, fairly cacophonous for a while. However, a quick transition soon fixes this up, “normalizing” it on a far more harmonic and pleasant earthy-smoky blend with a sweet vanillic aftertaste, fruity-floral-resinous-boozy notes of immortelle and labdanum and a woody-smoky base (the synthetic type, Iso E etc. – I guess it is what is indicated as leather). At this stage, it reminds me of new Masque’s Russian Tea, mostly because of the immortelle note and the presence of dry-smoked note versus fruity-green-earthy ones. As well, other fragrances come to mind: Fareb by Huitième Art (which is just simpler, and at the same time more deep and powerful than this) and, to a lesser extent, 1740 by Histoires de Parfums without the boozy-dark notes. Overall I don’t find Pohadka particularly interesting: it smells to me rather weak, plain, much linear and much “artificial”, fairly trendy too – basically just trying to put together what was cool at the moment. Clumsy opening and boring evolution. Completely out-of-mind price.

11th November, 2014
Pohadka strikes as quite compelling and original yet, somewhat, not completely satisfying. There's a nice juxtaposition between warm smoky notes such as immortelle and vanilla and cold green ones (tobacco leaves, grass and shiso). Hints of mint and something else verging towards the licorice, provide a strident accord when played together with the vanilla which is appealing at first but turns sort of annoying with time. Sweetish, smoky, dissonant. All aspects that could make a great fragrance but, somewhat, Pohadka fails.

I would classify this as a warm-cold composition with a great potential but, after all, the wrong tuning. Sample first.

Terrific bottle design and packaging.
17th September, 2012
Almost dreamy delicate watercolor floral-herbal with just a hint of sweetness. Maybe Alice was wearing this one because just a few short minutes after making it's presence known Pohadka seemed to disappear down the rabbit hole with her. A lightness of touch perhaps to a fault. It is refreshing not to be bludgeoned to insensibility by a decent fragrance but even with skin scents you need to be able to smell them. When I could actually smell Pohadka I liked it very much, and as it would fade I kept slathering it on over and over again. May I suggest the 1500 ml bottle.
02nd June, 2012

Add your review of Pohadka

Shop for Pohadka products online

Search Amazon for Pohadka

Member images of Pohadka

There are no member images of Pohadka yet. Why not be the first?