Métaboles (2011)
    by YS Uzac

Average Rating:

Métaboles Fragrance notes

Tomato twigs, Geranium, Licorice, Black pepper, Raspberry honey, Labdanum, Musky white wood

Métaboles information

Métaboles is a unisex fragrance by YS Uzac. The scent was launched in 2011

Shop for Métaboles products online

50ml EdP

Reviews of Métaboles

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar

I own a bottle of Geranium pour Monsieur by Malle and I am quite "used" to it, given the review I read about Metaboles and the composition, I was afraid it was much similar to it. But still I was thrilled. Well, it isn't *that* similar. This is more rich, full, soft, aromatic, almost wine-y from times to times. Malle's scent is much more martial and linear - grey on green; this is more grey on burgundy. The drydown also shows an unexpected, really light iodine touch that really completes the natural mood of this scent - which actually, yes, smells also more "natural" that GpM.
    Of course the mint-geranium accord makes it really close to Malle's fragrance, so I'd not say it's totally "something else". But nonetheless this is an interesting different twist that takes it far enough from Malle, letting it stand alone with its own identity (to be honest I may come to like this more: it has a nicer progression).

19th February, 2014 (Last Edited: 19th April, 2014)

alfarom's avatar

Geranium Pour Monsieur remixed. Take the basic mint-geranium-(clean)musk structure of the Malle and add to it some extra greenness. A dollop of pepper and licorice on top et voilà. Very good and refreshing but I stick with GpM.

17th September, 2012

Dernier_Cri's avatar

Spirit lifting and beautiful opening of herb and other leaves. Salubrious as a midsummer day in a quiet meadow. Kind of an upscale salad bar gourmand. Some interesting notes including tomato leaf, ivy leaf, licorice and spearmint. I haven't experienced tomato leaf since my mother would lovingly place a chiffonade on top of my oatmeal. Those were great days.
    Metaboles shows the same light touch that is used with sister scent Pohadka, but Metaboles seems to hold up much better than that one and has a very pretty and satisfying drydown. Metaboles is well worth an audition.

02nd June, 2012