└ Rebours (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseFriendly Fur
PerfumerMark Buxton

About └ Rebours

└ Rebours is a shared / unisex perfume by Friendly Fur. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mark Buxton

Reviews of └ Rebours

A transparent and extremely radiant musky-woody-floral in the typical style of Buxton. The fragrance is pervaded by a synth-musky/ animalic presence probably achieved via a combination of ambroxan (or some similar aromachemical) and ambrette-seeds. That's it. Nothing particularly daring or weird about A Rebours.

Not bad but eventually kind of meh.
12th January, 2015
Musky Melon...

This is an unusual one! The concept is not one I am familiar with and I'm not familiar with the famous bottle etc because I am reviewing from a sample here, so I will try to focus on how it smells like first.

The smell is like some kind of melon! Not a watermelon, but a regular melon. Actually the notes are very extensive. It has a host of florals and sweetness and a quality which makes it very "light" smelling. I think ultimately the smell isn't for me. It's very sweet and floral I know a man can wear it but I get a vibe of some kind of fruity-floral. I appreciate that there are really good ingredients here. The flowers are very well represented here (especially osmanthus and freesia)... and there is a nice sweetness (maybe from the ambergris & civet)? But for me it's not something I would go out and buy. I like the idea of it but it's not for me.
17th December, 2014
The opening of A Rebours presents me with a tart but brief orange blossom, green mandarin, bergamot, violet leaf and cardamom. From there we move on to a mishmash of florals. All of this is surrounded and dominated by the animalic notes (castoreum, civet). These animalic notes reign supreme for the heart of the fragrance with the florals occasionally poking their head up for a peak.

I don't really get the label of 'unisex'. To my nose this comes off as pretty feminine. To be more particular I mean a more mature feminine.

The animalic notes are definitely real, as is noted by Friendly Fur, but this isn't something I would purchase.
29th December, 2013
A lovely spicy, cumin-y opening had me hoping this would be a dirty pleasure to behold. So much so that I doused my arm in it before heading off for the rest of my day. Within an hour, A Rebours turned into a powdery, screechy floral musk. I was disappointed to be sitting in the movies smelling like someone's Nana.
09th November, 2012

Add your review of └ Rebours

Shop for └ Rebours products online

Member images of └ Rebours

There are no member images of └ Rebours yet. Why not be the first?