Oud Stars : Fars (2012)

Oud Stars : Fars information

Year of Launch2012

HouseXerjoff

About Oud Stars : Fars

Oud Stars : Fars is a shared / unisex perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2012

Oud Stars : Fars fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Stars : Fars

Oviatt Show all reviews
Spurious, like most of this house's offerings. I want to like this but find the whole line expensive and... okay.
21st July, 2016
I really like this...REALLY like this.

Not on me (yet!), but on my beloved husband. It really works on him, and therefore, it works for me...really works for me.

This stays in the wardrobe.

I love the cade, the jasmine and geranium, and was very excited to be able to pick out the Haitian Vetiver! I love the pure stuff, and know it well! The type of oud used is new to me, and I like it. This is the first Xerjoff I've tried that I really liked. The mixture of resinous with floral is really nice, and somehow works on my husband.
21st July, 2016
Salutation.

Fars?no!it originally spelled pars as a historic word for my country people.a wonderful amber flowery woody unisex scent.this fragrance extends a tribute to the qualities courage and generosity flaunted by both PARS men and women.life is an authentic PERSIAN perfume that holds oriental scents by excellence,and has the same smell of the traditional PERSIAN clothing.Sensual,Spicy,Sophisticated,Exquisite, Mysterious,Penetrating,Timeless and Expensive.

This masterful scent boldly explores an uncharted path by blending pure Persian lemon with juniper and lavender on a very subtle floral notes of jasmine and geranium while intoxicating amber and the lingering touch of vintage patchouli and rich woody notes(oud and sandalwood)in the dry down makes a real oriental fragrance from the PERSIAN GULF.the feminine middle notes and masculine dry down gives it genuinely unisex.special cold autumn/winter evenings suitable for this exclusive perfume.absoloutely two thoumbs up.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.5/10
16th August, 2015
This thing’s nuts. It’s a variant on the rose / oud / saffron theme but they’ve thrown in two unnerving accords for the hell of it. One’s a soapy floral that juts out like a busted limb, and the other smells like, well, dung. The florals seem like a cross between geranium and lavender, which is probably what’s making it so damn soapy. The oud, while a bit barnyard, is no more terrifying than some of the other poo-ey ouds out there. However, it’s the synthesis of synthy Eastern tropes, the soap, and the oud that brews up an olfactory image of a highly-trafficked restroom for me (albeit a ritzy, perfumed one). The note combination doesn’t work at all in my opinion, and the whole thing’s way out of balance (the soapy florals are high, the oud accord and the rose/saffron are low). After a while, the oud vanishes altogether and you’re left with something that smells a bit like Salvador Dali PH—that same kind of cacophony of notes. Jarring, clumsy, and generally unsure of itself.
12th June, 2015
Xerjoff Fars is impressive smelling, typically Xerjoff as I understand the house, and therefore just ok.

Xerjoff isn't bad, as long as you don't expect too much going in (like most things).

If you like Tom Ford Noir de Noir and/or Oud Wood, you might like this. I'm not sure I like any of them, but they could be growing on me. Or maybe I'm being too open minded.
29th April, 2015 (last edited: 20th June, 2015)
Fars (or “Farts”, as a friend of mine correctly referred to this) opens as a fairly pleasant patchouli-ambergris floral scent with sweet-anisic notes and a juicy-herbal, and slightly fruity touch which kind of reminded me of tea. Sandalwood and vetiver on the base, both quite conventional but pleasant (the sort of “juicy” sweetness may come from sandalwood, probably). That’s it for quite long, also oud-ish somehow, even if it is not listed. Then it slowly becomes more dry, more astringent and decidedly muskier, in a partially pleasant way; the muskiness is “real”, grayish and dusty, but also revealing a synthetic bitterness which won’t go away. Still counter-balanced but sweet-floral and ambery notes. Overall a globally inoffensive musky-earthy-woody scent with floral-sweet nuances, posh and restrained, resembling to any Montale just replacing oud with a patchouli-ambroxan-woods accord. That same kind of synthetic, trendy “elegance” is here too. Conventionally sophisticated, safely uncreative and not particularly distinctive, “smelling expensive” (before than “good”), fairly plastic and utterly pretentious. But long-lasting. The price tag is hilariously pathetic, but if you find it on sale for 30/40 EUR, then it’s worthy the purchase.

5,5-6/10
05th February, 2015

Add your review of Oud Stars : Fars

Shop for Oud Stars : Fars products online

Shop for Oud Stars : Fars at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oud Stars : Fars

Member images of Oud Stars : Fars

There are no member images of Oud Stars : Fars yet. Why not be the first?