Sleeping with Ghosts (2012)
by Mark Buxton

Sleeping with Ghosts information

Year of Launch2012

HouseMark Buxton
PerfumerMark Buxton

About Sleeping with Ghosts

Sleeping with Ghosts is a shared / unisex perfume by Mark Buxton. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mark Buxton

Sleeping with Ghosts fragrance notes

Reviews of Sleeping with Ghosts

I got bittter lemon, almost grapefruit and pepper. Something like geranium stems came directly later. Then it leaves you with powdery and citrusy leather. I like it, i find it special, but it's too bitter for me. May be more male than female.
Longevity and projection are average.
01st February, 2017
Sleeping with Ghosts reminds me of my grandparents' living room back in my childhood, full of hardback books, 40 years of National Geographic magazines, and their old antique furniture. (What a wonderful ghost to conjure up!) When I put my nose to the sprayer, I smell the fruit and floral notes quite clearly. However, on my skin, the leather takes over completely and mutes everything else. If I put my nose directly to my wrist, I get the creamy vanilla, but I'm projecting only leather around me. I typically don't gravitate toward leather scents, but this is soft enough to be a nice addition to my perfume collection. One star off for price point: unfortunately, at this price, this scent must go to my "immediate disqualification" list, but I surely do appreciate it and will enjoy the sample! Leather lovers: This scent will make you smile! And hey! If your fragrance budget is a bit more generous than mine, than definitely go for this one!
07th April, 2016
Sleeping With Ghosts opens with white musks, an odd "vegetable" note which I suppose is given by quince and "tagetes" – whatever that is – although to me smells more simply like tomato leaves; then a light and restrained vetiver note, vanillin, a light earthy-balsamic breeze and a powdery side comprising some lively and delicate flower notes (I read it's peony). On the base I also detect ambroxan or something similar, some dusty, ambery, slightly animalic but also synthetic note, and a woody accord, most probably – again – a synthetic "all-in-one" aromachemical like cashmeran. After a while it dries from the initial "creaminess" and focuses on the floral-fruity/vegetable accord, always with a sweet base (vanillin) and an increasingly bolder presence of the earthy side, also comprising a subtle salty-mineral note of aldehydes. On the drydown it eventually becomes silky, and a soft, mellow, light leather note appears. Longevity is quite poor. To be honest: a pleasant scent, but in my opinion also a bit dull and uninspired, pale and even confused at some points, overall a concoction of average-to-cheap notes with not much to tell (to me, at least).

16th June, 2014
At the first sniff i detect (but it isn't) a sort of peppery orange, sweet spices (i guessed cinnamon) and smooth final creamy vetiver, all  wrapped in a shadowy (overcasted by the dusty spices and a touch of smoke) and sinister atmosphere. Sinister shadowy spicy tuberose? I think  in to myself. Nada... Quince+ tagete+ peonia and the outcome is a strange fruity-floral yummy aroma turned out utterly agreeable by the implementation of vanilla. At the end of the development the leather starts rising up in the sky and is a sort of velvety, silky and shadowy spicy-leather that dances in the bright air of a cold wintery night. The juice is anyway kind of exotic and sultry being perfect for an hot summery night in the riviera. The tagete is a commemorative floral plant utilized in Mexico for the funeral ceremonies and according with my personal experience the mexicans (i've recently been there) live a particular relationship with the death,  exorcising it and demystifying the  pain to that one connected. The death is not exclusively an otherworldly experience but is something earthly which with must we cohabit and that must influence our way of living and our approach with the limitrophe side of the life. Sleeping with ghosts by Mark Buxton is probably intended as an homage to the human and earthly side of the dead. The scent is really elegant, subtle and refined, a delicious spicy fruity-floral with a dark, slightly incensey and leathery side. Compliments.
24th September, 2012 (last edited: 08th January, 2013)

Add your review of Sleeping with Ghosts

Shop for Sleeping with Ghosts products online

Shop for Sleeping with Ghosts at online perfumeries

Mark Buxton Collection Sleeping With Ghosts EDP 3.3oz 100ml New Unboxed With Cap

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 7:25:20 PDT

MARK BUXTON PERFUMES SAMPLES VIAL TRAVEL SPRAY 10 ML

End Date: Saturday Jun-8-2019 8:21:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

MARK BUXTON SLEEPING WITH GHOSTS EDP Spray UNISEX 3.4 Oz / 100 ml BRAND NEW!

End Date: Sunday Jun-9-2019 18:19:57 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Sleeping With Ghosts Perfume By Mark Buxton Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) FOR WOM

End Date: Monday Jun-10-2019 17:10:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $121.00

End Date: Monday Jun-10-2019 17:10:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $121.00

Mark Buxton Sleeping With Ghosts by Mark Buxton Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Tuesday Jun-11-2019 15:58:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $138.54

Member images of Sleeping with Ghosts

There are no member images of Sleeping with Ghosts yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Sleeping with Ghosts