Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012)
by Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Parfum information

Year of Launch2012

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage Parfum

Eau Sauvage Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Eau Sauvage Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage Parfum

I believe I have the reformulated version of this. The batch code indicates it was produced in February of 2017. I tried the original formula and really loved it. So much so that I bought 200ml.

I got the first twang that I may have made a mistake when I noticed the color of the juice was much lighter than the bright green I remembered from the tester.

My nose isn't pro by any means but this stuff was nothing like I rememberd...it seemed to have been stripped of everything that made it interesting. The myrrh. The vetiver. The boldness and masculine quality of it.

It's now just citrus, citrus, citrus all the way through the drydown and I'm really disapointed.
03rd May, 2017
This is blended fantastically well and has wonderful performance..each stage evolves slowly over the course of the day ..the overall feel of this fragrance is like others have said, no nonsense straight to the point. It doesn't care who likes it and who doesn't but you will smell it. Very masculine scent with bergamot used in the opening and myrrh and vetiver used in the mid notes, in the final stages which remain potent I can detect an orange peel and slight vanilla that I also detect in dior home parfum, very faint tho and signature demachy. Price point represents an absolute bargain for the quality and performance.
27th February, 2017
This stuff is great! I never bothered to try the EDT because I assumed it was an old man scent judging by the packaging. I can certainly say that I'm glad I picked up a sample at Sephora. This smells a lot like Guerlain's Vetiver mixed with a little bit of Habit Rouge. The vetiver note is a dirty, earthy, rooty one and the citrus is somewhat faint, but pleasant. There is definitely a medium strength powder note in here, which isn't my favorite, but not a dealbreaker.

TLDR
Mix Guerlain's Vetiver and Habit Rouge together and you'll know what Dior Eau Sauvage smells like.
22nd December, 2016
Smooth, satisfying rework of the EdT. Eau Sauvage has a classic nature that isn't loud nor cloying. It shimmers between the bergamot-myrrh-vetiver notes like a dignified dance between partners. It has a powdery quality that is spicy and staid at the same time. A go to scent for me.
08th December, 2016
Stardate: 20160908

A nice citrusy powder. I don't get much vetiver. I do get some vanilla.
I think this is a decent fragrance and maybe more wearable these days than EdT as it lacks that funkiness.
08th September, 2016
This is a shaky thumbs up. I honestly don't care for the opening of MYRRH, MYRRH, citrus and MYRRH but as it drys I would say it is very pleasant. Nice mix of the myrrh and vetiver at the end. Winter only scent for me. Enjoy.
13th July, 2016