Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012)
    by Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Parfum Fragrance Notes

Shop for Eau Sauvage Parfum products online

100ml EdP
    $85.31*
    50ml Perfume
    (*converted from GBP 51.00)

Reviews of Eau Sauvage Parfum

Showing 1 to 6 of 33 reviews.

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

There are aspects of Eau Sauvage Parfum that I completely love (e.g. the incredibly good quality vetiver and the sparkling aspects during the opening) but, unfortunately, there are also several facets that I find thoroughly unpleasant. It basically shares the same marzipan quality already found in Dior's Eau Noire which, although I'm generally a big fan of immortelle, it's probably one of the very few helichrysum-centered fragrances I totally dislike. This facet is way toned down in Eau Sauvage Parfum but it is somehow still pretty remarkable together with some extra sweetness provided by the myrrh. All in all not a completely bad fragrance but way too far from matching my taste.

Sorry.

31st March, 2014

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Lemony resinous smooth vetiver and sweet spices with dignity orchestrated in order to control the final "softness" and to preserve a certain level of hesperidic/spicy articulation (expecially if you inhale the aroma at distance otherwise it risks to appear steady and pungent , probably too much intensely balmy/lemony). In the initial stage the bergamot is almost luxurious but just for a couple of minutes before the aroma keeps morphing in to a flat hesperidic strongly resinous final ointment. The standout note of myrrh is indeed powerful since the beginning, "enveloping" any trace of classic/traditional subtle (herbal/citrusy) freshness (proper of the original historical version). The aroma is anyway elegant and subtle, never cloying or overly dense or spicy along the dry down. In the final phase the myrrh is indeed more restrained and controlled . I don't catch olfactory originality or special craftsmanship but neither see particular reasons to complain about the structure or the aroma "in se". The evolution is not for sure articulated or particularly laborious and in substance the fragrance embodies by soon (not more than twenty minutes over the fist spray) its final attitude. The dry down (which anyway I moderately like) is a more subtle resinous vetiver with sweet spices (cinnamon I suppose) and a lemon orange feel (hints of neroli?). Really long lasting and with a good projection.

29 March, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

I've decided to write a review about this one later but I couldn't resist anymore!
    This is one of the best releases in designer fragrances in years.
    A masterpiece that the words are not enough to describe this beauty.
    There are only three notes in this fragrance and I'm going to throw vanilla in it too which makes it four and all these four notes have stunning quality and masterfully blended together.
    The opening is a great combination of all four notes but bergamot is prominent in the opening.
    It's tart, fresh and bitter citrusy, but oily, resinous and dirty because of myrrh and also a little smoky and rooty because of vetiver.
    There is a little sweet vanilla here too to wrap it up and give the scent more depth.
    In the mid the citrusy bergamot note settles down and I can smell more myrrh and vetiver.
    It's smoky, dirty, earthy and dark but a little fresh, sweet and sexy at the same time.
    The vanilla note here smell like vanilla ice cream and give the scent a very sensual aroma.
    The base is very close to the mid as far as the smell but it's a little more vanilla ice cream like sweet and a little less smoky.
    Projection is awesome and longevity can easily pass 12 hours.
    Some people say that this fragrance smell very mature and kind of dated but I don't agree with them at all.
    This is not a casual fragrance for teenagers indeed, but if someone around 25 and up wants to smell like a real gentleman this is one of the best.

06 March, 2014

montagne's avatar
    montagne

If the original ES was the rugged, rocky, snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites, the Parfum is the soft, green, nurtured hills of the Piedmonte. Itís a pity. I feel as if the Parfum misses the point of the original.

Vanilla is more pronounced than myrrh.

Iím a little tired of vanilla recently, as my wife seems to be alternating between Dior Addict and Joop le Bain, while I do my best to feign appreciation. So the vanilla here is not good news to me. Itís also a particularly flat vanilla: not the pod, with its velour; not the empty bourbon cask, with its lugubrious oak. Rather, Mr Softee ice cream, melting in rivulets down the side of a cheap wafer cone.

The myrrh, when revealed, is not the dirty, smoky, soapy myrrh of the censer or the souk. It is simply heavy, like ballast cargo in a tea clipper. It does its job unobtrusively and reliably, with aplomb, without ornament. Vinnie Burkeís double bass behind Tal Farlow and Eddie Costa.

There is, eventually, an agreeable waft of a mineral, chalky, slate texture.

The citrus is somehow less Hesperidic and more confite. Lemon curd and unsalted butter, spread on freshly baked and broken petit pain.

Nice for breakfast, but not the holy water with which to anoint the hero.

07 February, 2014

foetidus

Given its ingredients Ė bergamot, myrrh, vetiver; and given the ďEau SauvageĒ name, it would be almost impossible for me not to love this one. I totally enjoy bergamotÖ Iím addicted to the myrrh scents I own. As for the vetiver, I own about twelve bottles of fragrances with ďvetiver or vetyverĒ in the name.

Even though I long ago promised myself to never again buy blind, when it came to Eau Sauvage Parfum, I didnít think twice when I saw the limited list of levels: bergamot, myrrh, vetiver. I blind ordered a 1.7 bottle, wore it once and immediately ordered a 3.4 bottle for backup. Itís by far the best blind buy Iíve made, and not only that, Christian Diorís Eau Sauvage Parfum has reawakened my interest in pursuing current offerings from the top designers. I love this one.

31st January, 2014

bugsyiii's avatar
    bugsyiii

Definitely a gentlemen's fragrance......this is gorgeousness (a word?) in a bottle. This does last all day at least 8 hours. I have not smelled the vintage creation, however, if it smells like this I simply bypassed a true gem!!!

22 January, 2014