I Love New York for Fathers (2012)
    by Bond No. 9

I Love New York for Fathers Fragrance Notes

Shop for I Love New York for Fathers products online

Reviews of I Love New York for Fathers

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A modern (somewhat uninspired) aromatic fougere with a mossy dry woods/ambergris dry down and some (minimal at the beginning but finally evident imo) aquatic energetic nuances, somewhat conventional and herbal, a sort of ideal mix between Trussardi Action Uomo, Acqua di Gio', Bond Wall Street and Cerruti 1881. Really refreshing and energetic. Nothing bad or particularly disturbing with this one, on the contrary the ILNY For the Fathers' aroma is more than pleasant and in my opinion distinguished, just nowadays mainstream and finally restrained. The beginning is sparkling with a bracing geyser of basil, coriander, citrus, lavender and ozonic trails, the central stage is mastered by an increasing floral grapefruit which joined by musk and ambergris becomes sensual and virile while the dry down is more thirsty (dry), virile, slightly peppery/ambery (ambergris), cedary and conservative. One of the most satisfying in its (salty/herbal) category. Extremely tenacious and "spacious" on my skin.
    P.S: the aquatic/metallic patterns come finally on the stage as the remarkable trait of the whole olfactory performance and this final twist is far less interesting than the herbal introduction and the first part of the central phase.

23 March, 2014 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2014)

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

Meh. A pretty boring aquatic. It goes on with that popular-but-overused grape drink smell mixed with something sort of grapefruity. Then it's a green aquatic mix of lily and melon and that "seaweed" or "ocean" note that was so popular in the 90's. That's about it. It's not terrible, but a more interesting base could have rescued it from mediocrity. But as such, this could be anything from Hugo Boss or Kenneth Cole or any 3rd tier designer who long ago sold control of their perfumes over to Coty or some other cheap corporation dedicated to releasing uninspired smellalike scents. Sad, because even when Bond does familiar-smelling aquatics (which is a lot of the time), they're usually much more compelling than this.

07 December, 2012

dougczar's avatar
    dougczar

Upon initial application, it reminds me of something from the Hermes Un Jardin line. However, this lasts MUCH longer on me, and has much more depth on the drydown.

For a nice green summer fragrance that actually lasts (as Bond No. 9 scents tend to do), this is a great option...

22 July, 2012

Francop's avatar
    Francop
    Spain Spain

A very nice scent with a relaxing soul; full of calming herbs and spices (basil, sage, coriander, lavender) and a lovely ambery and musky never ending drydown...

18 July, 2012

gatorNY's avatar
    gatorNY

I can't wait to get a bottle of this. I wore a sample at work yesterday and I was amazed at the longevity and the evolution of the fragrance. The opening is very powerful, fresh and sharp. It reminded me of Bleecker Street at first. Those top notes don't last all that long, but it's not a problem because I then settled in to a very fresh, masculine, energy, with what to me almost smells a bit of a powdery, clean note. I thought that was going to be it, but low and behold at about 6 pm, 9 hours after applying, I started to get the most WONDERFUL warm, woodsy, amber notes. I never seem to be able to pick out the notes that are reported to be in the fragrance pyramid, but that's what the I LOVE NY for Fathers journey was like for me.
    This, to me is the most complex of the I LOVE NY line. I love the I LOVE NY for Him, but it's more of a linear experience for me.

02 June, 2012