I Love New York for Marriage Equality (2012)
    by Bond No. 9

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 11 ratings

I Love New York for Marriage Equality Fragrance Notes

I Love New York for Marriage Equality information

I Love New York for Marriage Equality is a unisex fragrance by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for I Love New York for Marriage Equality products online

Reviews of I Love New York for Marriage Equality

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Marais's avatar

A solid, potent, fruity/spicy scent. The plum note goes on a bit strong but fades to an acceptable degree (which suits me), whereas the spices (nutmeg/ginger mainly) keep delivering the goods. The combination of citrus, spices and woods reminds me of HdP 1828, but this is less reserved; something of a powerhouse, in fact. 4 sprays last 12 hours, with decent projection. Versatile, but best forgotten if you don't want a constant reminder of social progress/are paranoid about anyone detecting your fragrance/have lots of sensitive acquaintances pre-occupied with their 'allergies'.

21st July, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Really well made citric/spicy soft amber with a soon heady blast of fresh and fizzy spices (supported by a watery accord of citrus and ginger lily), a central spicy floral heart and a balanced dry down based on sweet woods and smooth amber. The initial accord of sweet spices, mandarine, pepper and plums is mastering throughout and is fairly linked with amber and woods. The dry down is still sweet and ambery (with a still really notable nutmeg) but in a dry and woody/fresh way, still influenced by an initial sparkling citrus/fresh spices/fruits accord. For the lovers of the supremely spicy concoctions. Its peppery/dusty fluidity makes me to figure in mind an ideal sort of sweet 7 de Loewe's twin. Consistently sweet and fruity (may be too much for my taste). In the general desolation of the "I Love NY" line For Marriage Equality seems almost a pearl.

02 April, 2014

CaliDude's avatar

I'll start off by saying I'm not really a fan of the Bond house. I've tried MANY of their fragrances and wasn't fond of most of them.

I Love New York for Marriage Equality is one of the few Bond fragrances that I truly enjoy and feel that is bottle worthy. I get a strong nutmeg & amber vibe that lasts from the top to the bottom notes. I also get some sandalwood as well. Furthermore, my wife really likes this fragrance on me. A definite thumbs up in my book.

30th December, 2012

rogalal's avatar

This is a really interesting smell. The woody basenotes are quite apparent from the first spray, so it's fairly deep and complex, though it really does all combine to form a cohesive whole, a distinct smell unto itself.

It's got that creamy sort of cedar smell you get from frankincense, made slightly funky and vaguely animalic with some ambrox and with a hit of sawdust smell from the sandalwood. It's sweet from the citrus, and the ginger gives it a spicy woody brightness (honestly, I don't think I would have figured out that this was ginger without reading the other reviews). All the other flowers and stuff mostly just make it vaguely sweet - it never feels flowery.

On the positive side, this smells really interesting - the use of the upfront ginger in a woody smell is very clever. The frankincense/sandalwood/ambrox mix is very Tauer, so I think this would likely appeal to fans of L'Air du Desert Marocain. On the negative side, this doesn't really progress as much as it just sort of breaks down and it never feels quite as rich as it could have, given the ingredients. But that wood/resin/ambrox mixture paired with the ginger is just too clever and interesting to not get a thumbs up.

08 December, 2012

Kaern's avatar

Whaddya know? I have received more compliments from my (female) work colleagues regarding this scent than any other I have worn, period. I must admit, of the 7 or 8 newish Bond scents I tried recently, I knew I was going to purchase this pretty early on. The ginger and rose combination dominates from quite early on and far from being possibly screechy, it is wonderfully smooth -- rounded off by some tasteful woods in the base. Really liking 1 out of 8 from this House is about par for the course -- they do produce the odd stunner.

03 September, 2012

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

I am trying a sample this week...

This is a nice spicy warm summer scent with lots of plum and nutmeg similar to Visit by Azzaro (men`s) in the top notes; the heart is full of ginger and the basenotes come up quite quickly with lots of sandalwood and ambery notes.

The whole experience is very pleasant.

Good longevity and sillage.

18 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st November, 2012)

Add your review of I Love New York for Marriage Equality

Search for on eBay United States

I LOVE NY FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY BOND NO 9 EAU DE PARFUM SAMPLE MINI SPRAYS - X 8
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 5 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)