Acqua di Giò Essenza (2012)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Essenza information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Essenza

Acqua di Giò Essenza is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Essenza

For a long time, I've noticed a heavenly waft of a gentleman's cologne when I've been out and about. For the love of mother's milk I couldn't figure out what in the world it was. I've though, analyzed, tested, tried, and made failed purchases. The sillage I'd catch smells of an amazing green, musky undertone with very light spice that was articulate and not muddy. The composition seemed lively. I've even tried to follow the gentleman around the store for a minute to give me more time to analyze and figure out what it was. Even thought of asking but wasn't sure it was radiating from that specific person.

Well long story short, that fragrance was sitting in my armoire all along. I analyzed all the components and narrowed it down to a possible two. I knew with the frequency I have encountered this it couldn't be some obscure niche and must come from the department stores. I also crossed all my failed attempts off the list and before I knew it, I have arrived that it was indeed Essenza. I hadn't worn it in a while and so I pulled it out to spray it in the air. Yes!! I got the same citrus, musky green undertone with light spice. Amazing!!
04th January, 2016
It's all in the bottle. The original was foggy though piercing if you overspray (which too many people did). This bottle is clear and the jewelry shiny rather than matte. The jus is the same. Brighter than the original.

I like these flankers better than the original. The Profumo in the dark bottle is the one to get though.
18th August, 2015
bigbz Show all reviews
I used to really love the original, so when everyone said this one was even BETTER I blind bought a bottle of it. Big mistake...this scent was gross on me. I didn't mind a stronger woody base, but it had a weird smell that would come and go at times. A bit of a rotten egg like tang.....one of Mr. Morillas worst IMHO. Oh and the claim of better longevity than the original?! Not against my 2007 and 2008 bottles of ADG it wasn't!
01st July, 2015

AdGE is a fantastic fragrance for hot weather. It's cool and fresh and perfect for a Florida summer. Great tart citrus opening that settles with some soft pepper and spice. A jasmine-floral note appears and works in concert with the citrus and spice and is mainstay of the fragrance for several hours. I also got hints of cedarwood and musk underneath, which create a very masculine yet, fresh scent. Longevity was a good 5 hours with a light application. What I like most is AdGE's notes compliment one another and nothing fights for attention or fades away too quickly. Perfect to wear almost anywhere during spring and summer. I received a compliment first thing this morning in my office elevator. Definitely a Thumbs Up.
07th May, 2015 (last edited: 20th May, 2015)
Salutation.

.For a fashion house as interesting and high class as ARMANI,I feel this fragrance is a supreme sign for ever.It is still number one than anothers cold scents. Lovely,Summery,Aquatic,Invigorating, Uplifting,Inspiring,Elegant and Woody.

New GIO is a crisp and strong woody aquatic fragrance.,Cool notes of citruses and basil mix with a masculine blend of exotic woods,and clary sage to make for an outstanding and striking scent that is more mature than original version.yes A wonderful scent for the more matured male that It never fails to elicit comments of "You smell great".

ACQUA di GIO ESSENZA is a crisp and classical woods fragrance designed for the modern and confident urbanite.Great perfume, not too strong or overpowering, just subtle enough to grab the attention of others.It is suitable to walk with your lover in the summer day.A EVERGREEN fragrance indeed.however original GIO is still the best for me.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?About 8 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
16th December, 2014
I gave this one four stars. It's harsh on the top, but as it settles it gets better and better.

That type of performance is different than anything else in my rotation, so it's an especially interesting scent for me. It's big, powerful juice that's provocative, memorable, and doesn't smell too bad.
27th October, 2014

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Essenza

Shop for Acqua di Giò Essenza products online

Shop for Acqua di Giò Essenza at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Giò Essenza

Member images of Acqua di Giò Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua di Giò Essenza yet. Why not be the first?