Acqua di Giò Essenza (2012)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Essenza information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Essenza

Acqua di Giò Essenza is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Essenza

Salutation.

.For a fashion house as interesting and high class as ARMANI,I feel this fragrance is a supreme sign for ever.It is still number one than anothers cold scents. Lovely,Summery,Aquatic,Invigorating, Uplifting,Inspiring,Elegant and Woody.

New GIO is a crisp and strong woody aquatic fragrance.,Cool notes of citruses and basil mix with a masculine blend of exotic woods,and clary sage to make for an outstanding and striking scent that is more mature than original version.yes A wonderful scent for the more matured male that It never fails to elicit comments of "You smell great".

ACQUA di GIO ESSENZA is a crisp and classical woods fragrance designed for the modern and confident urbanite.Great perfume, not too strong or overpowering, just subtle enough to grab the attention of others.It is suitable to walk with your lover in the summer day.A EVERGREEN fragrance indeed.however original GIO is still the best for me.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?About 8 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
16th December, 2014
I gave this one four stars. It's harsh on the top, but as it settles it gets better and better.

That type of performance is different than anything else in my rotation, so it's an especially interesting scent for me. It's big, powerful juice that's provocative, memorable, and doesn't smell too bad.
27th October, 2014
del Show all reviews
AdG Essenza smells really nice, fresh, and pleasant, which is not really a surprise because of the familiar name. However, I find Essenza as the smooth version of the original AdG, which was sharp for my taste when I had it back in the 90’s. Generally speaking, Essenza has a citrusy-aquatic feel, floral (jasmine), with a touch of spices.

Essenza has an above-average performance on my skin. Lasts all day, with moderate projection. A little pricey ($90 for 2.5 oz), but worth it, considering it is an EDP concentration.
09th October, 2014
Wow, I can't believe after this has been out for 2 years, nobody has made the comparison of this to Bellagio for men. To me, this smells a little like the original Acqua di Gio in the opening notes, but becomes more floral, sharp and powdery. I'm immediately reminded of Bellagio, or maybe even L'Eau D'Issey.

I'm really not much into this one at all, but I do enjoy the cedar note in the dry down, it adds a certain character to it, not the typical cedar note, not very sharp or peppery.
15th July, 2014
My girlfriend bought this for me as a birthday present and when I saw the all too familiar "acqua di gio" written on the box, my heart sank. After then noticing the word "essenza" I realized it was a flanker which lifted my spirits a bit but I still wasn't expecting anything fantastic. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, I didn't really see any similarities between this and the original. To me ADG smells cheap and boring whereas ADGE smells original, expensive and just really gives off a sense of quality.
25th June, 2014
What to say? On me, AdGE begins with citrus and acquatic notes, with the grapefruit seeming to be the strongest of the citrus notes. The heart of the fragrance is flowers and herbs, jasmine, basil, and some soapy note or something a little out of place almost. I didn't have a big enough sample to get a handle on it, but there was something unusual in the heart of this fragrance that kind of wafted in and out at certain times. At the end of the day Essenza closes with some sage, cedar, patchouli and vetiver.

It's nice enough. I don't remember AdG enough to name the similarities and differences, but I do know this is kind of standard fare for citruses of the day. This reminds me of Ferragamo's Acqua Essenziale. They might not smell exactly the same, but in terms of quality, they're pretty similar. AdGE has better longevity, however. Anyway, AdGE would probably go well on your shelf if you're in need of a citrus/acquatic or a good summer fragrance.
10th June, 2014

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Essenza

Shop for Acqua di Giò Essenza products online

Shop for Acqua di Giò Essenza at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Giò Essenza

Member images of Acqua di Giò Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua di Giò Essenza yet. Why not be the first?