Acqua di Giò Essenza (2012)
    by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Essenza Fragrance Notes

Shop for Acqua di Giò Essenza products online

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Essenza

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The top notes lack the peachy pineapple character of the original, but otherwise is quite similar compared to the original. The green-floral middle notes appear to be blended better and a are a tad less generic, but the base is as unexciting as the original version. Adequate silage and projection on my skin, and a somewhat better longevity of about five hours. In the end I prefer this flanker to the original.

07 March, 2014

michailG's avatar
    michailG

I never really liked Aqua di Gió. For me it was too sharp and manly in a generic kind of way. Slumping Essenza and EdP on a heavier bottle was a very good marketing gimmick but that says nothing about the quality of the juice really. So Essenza is similar to the original, to me it’s still too sharp and commonplace manly. On my skin it mellows down after 10 minutes but the accord is thoroughly unpleasant. The dry down which is evident after 30-40 minutes of application is sweeter, softer and rounder, in a way more pleasant than the opening. I don’t know what exactly in Essenza I react badly to. All I know is that this is one of the few perfumes that I needed to wash off. And of course being an EdP this means that it doesn’t wash off that easily. Essenza is the kind of perfume that makes me more aware of the difference between designer and niche perfumes. It has above average silage and longevity and if you are fun of Aqua you will appreciate Essenza. But for me it is thumps down.

08 February, 2014

RichNTacoma's avatar
    RichNTacoma

Natural, a step up, but still......

While some people may want to "hate" on this fragrance, as some posters suggest (I frankly hate the expression " to hate on"!), just because it is the flanker of such a popular fragrance, I really wanted to love this. I have been wanting something that is aquatic with some "umph"- an aquatic with some additional intensity. That said, I just don't love this. It is a nice fragrance, but just leave me a bit cold. It is natural smelling, and the longevity is solid, but I just don't find myself wanting to enjoy the fragrance on my own skin. That for me, is the bottom line.

05 October, 2013

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Superb

This got me by surprise. My wife bought a bottle of this in Aruba for me and when I saw it I was disapointed but when I wore it, man, it smelled just wonderful. To me this is the real thing as far as ACQUAS is concerned. It has a soft menthol touch like Issey Miyake Bleue but it is softer and calming. I can't stop smelling it. Smells superb. Last the whole day. Projects balancely. Love it.

02 October, 2013 (Last Edited: 06 March, 2014)

Redneck Perfumisto's avatar
    Redneck Perfumisto

The EDT's Popularity Explained in EDP Language

I was struck by this the very first time is sniffed it in Macy's. [B][I]Essenza[/I][/B] is fully worthy of being the EDP of the incredibly popular [B][I]Acqua di Giò[/I][/B] EDT. A fail here would have been hard to live down. Instead, I think this was a huge success. I have not been so taken by an "aquatic-style" fragrance in ages - probably five years.

[B][I]AdG[/I][/B] EDT always had a certain beautiful complexity in the background - I likened it to rocks under a cool, clear mountain stream. It wasn't in focus, but it added beauty. Touches of green, pine, smoke and mineral.

Now - imagine that beauty turned into the front, core, and center of an EDP fragrance, with an aquatic background behind it. THAT is [B][I]Essenza[/I][/B]. It takes every subtle beauty of [B][I]AdG[/I][/B] EDT and raises it to a main accord.

The fragrance is versatile, and easily worn year-round. I expect many Christmas sales, even in cold climates. It is compelling - I wore it in a sidewalk café in Spain - not too strongly, either - and several women were looking around to see where it was coming from. It is gorgeous stuff. My wife loves it, too.

I suppose that one day, like [B][I]AdG[/I][/B] EDT, it will be ubiquitous. So buy [B][I]Essenza[/I][/B] now, and get the compliments in while nobody knows what it is.

Pros: Beautiful, complex, lasting, balanced, comforting
    Cons: Will probably become commonplace someday"

28 August, 2013

wormstir's avatar
    wormstir

Better than the original

Considering just how much love there is for the original Acqua di Gio, the fact that this essenza version has genuinely improved on the original means it should be very popular - but so far it seems to have remained fairly under the radar.

The essenza takes the original ADG and rounds off the screechy citrus, making it sweeter and deeper, and they've also improved the longevity. This sweet soft lemon and spicy woods also brings ADGE really close to the smell of Bleu de Chanel, which for most won't be a bad thing considering how popular Bleu is too.

This fragrance is very pleasant, has good longevity for a citrus scent, is very versatile and very popular with ladies. I much prefer it to the original.

Pros: smoother, sexier, longer lasting...
    Cons: not a big change in direction from the original scent"

12 August, 2013