Eau de Shalimar (2008)

Year of Launch2008

PerfumerJean Paul Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau de Shalimar

Eau de Shalimar is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Paul Guerlain

Eau de Shalimar fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Shalimar

Shalimar Cake (with recipe)

"Let them eat cake" The utterance is attributed to Marie Antoinette upon hearing that the peasants were rioting due to the scarcity of bread. Let's attribute it, equally falsely, to Jean Paul Guerlain. Boil a lb of sultanas for five minutes, strain off water and allow half a pound of chopped butter and three quarter pound of sugar to melt in the hot fruit. Let it cool to tepid. Add 1 tsp each of almond essence, your best Madagascar vanilla essence and lemon essence and a pinch of salt. Breathe in the perfume of Eau de Shalimar. Yes, it's the batter. Add three well beaten large eggs together with three quarter lb of standard flour and a tsp of Baking Powder. Lift your perfume bottle high in the air and spritz it three times.( assuming there are no babies present) Bake in two loaf tins or one large extendable one in a moderate oven for 1 and a half hours. When cold serve with Earl Grey tea in an elegant salon similar to the one I saw Jean Paul interviewed in when the BBC screened their Perfume Series. You and the cake will be as one, better than sex, better than perfume.

Pros: Let us eat Cake
Cons: Legere, where art thou?"

27th August, 2013
Very sweet and dense. Smells like lemon poundcake. Really good lemon poundcake. Makes me want a nice cup of tea.
29th August, 2012
This is a wonderful scent for hot weather. It has the same depth as Shalimar but at the same time it is not over powering and is very light.
I have worn Shalimar for a long long time. This particular version reminds me of the original vintage Shalimar. It has a lot of the original elements and yet it is lighter.

I really don't get the citrus in this at all. Mine is spice from the very beginning. One thing that I hate about the reformulated Shalimar you find on department store shelves today is all that lemon that hits you in the face. That is the reason I have a big stash of the vintage version.

The thing I like about Eau de Shalimar is that it is missing that big blast of lemon. Really don't understand where everyone is getting the lemon. It doesn't happen with me (thank goodness).
24th June, 2012 (last edited: 25th July, 2015)
As a fan of classic fragrances I was excited to find a bottle of eau de Shalimar on the shelf of my favorite perfume discounter. Eau de Shalimar is a lighter reformulation of the original Shalimar (which I also love). This version is more crisp and bubbly with very lemony top note (my favorite part) that smell just like a lemon drop candy. The middle notes are more powdery while the base notes are a rich vanilla. While the top note is brief, the middle and base notes play out over several hours. This one lasts and lasts. I can smell it on my sheets the next morning.

This is the "sweetest" and most girly/innocent perfume I own. I wear it on warm days and on days that I am feeling light and airy. People who like Shalimar but find it to strong or heavy may prefer this version. Me, I like both, for different seasons- Shalimar for winter and Eau de Shalimar for summer.
12th May, 2012
Got this today, and it is more like a distant member of the Shalimar family, with a more clear, nearly fizzy citrus opening and much less depth. This of course, makes sense, given its name. It is like a cool drink of Shalimar-flavored water with a huge twist of lime and lemon. I get very little of the middle, a bit of the typical Guerlain-ish notes, and just a whiff of a light dry down.

Overall, as a lover of Shalimar, I love this one too for what it is. The iris in the base is lost on me, but am giving it a good long wear tonight to try and find the middle of that iris in the ending.
06th May, 2012

Add your review of Eau de Shalimar

Shop for Eau de Shalimar products online

Shop for Eau de Shalimar at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau de Shalimar

Member images of Eau de Shalimar

There are no member images of Eau de Shalimar yet. Why not be the first?