Knize Ten Golden Edition (2000)
by Knize

Knize Ten Golden Edition information

Year of Launch2000

HouseKnize

About Knize Ten Golden Edition

Knize Ten Golden Edition is a masculine fragrance by Knize. The scent was launched in 2000

Knize Ten Golden Edition fragrance notes

Reviews of Knize Ten Golden Edition

A more modern version of the classic Knize Ten. I'm not sure that I prefer one over the other as there are elements in both that I like, as well as elements that I don't.

Golden shares the floral-leather-musk blueprint of the original K10, but the leather is softer and the floral expanded and more complex. Golden is not so dusty/powdery in the dry down either, which was the one element of the original that I did not care for. While K10 is extremely masculine, Golden strays more unisex, due to the additional floral notes. I like both, but see no need to own both. I will have to war my samples a few more times to choose if I would purchase either, but both are well done fragrances and I would give Golden an equal Thumbs Up.
22nd February, 2016
I am giving this a thumbs-up even though I prefer the original Knize Ten. The Golden Edition (GE) has had its angles polished, its leather smoothed and its florals blended almost to a puree, and as a result it has lost (for me) much of its interest, but little of its beauty. Like the original Knize Ten, the GE dries down to a lovely suede scent reminiscent of Cuir de Lancome.

It's a funny thing about scent perception that - given the same fragrance, bottled in the same production year - one person will be strongly impressed by specific notes or accords, while another finds them utterly lacking; likewise for sillage, projection and longevity. On me, sillage and projection for both the regular and Golden Editions of Knize Ten are weak (especially the GE), but each develops into a tenacious skin scent that lasts for many hours.

Many people (myself included) find the leather diminished in the GE, while others perceive it as stronger. For me, the GE also lacks the strong phenolic aspect of regular Knize Ten (which lasts well into the drydown), and the GE's floral accords are blurrier than regular Knize Ten's - but I've read a number of reviews that state the opposite. I love the strong juxtaposition of leather and florals in the regular version - but others say the same about the GE!

So you'll probably need to try both and see what you think. It would not be wasteful to buy a decant or small bottle of each for comparison, as they're both excellent but strike people in various ways. You'll encounter reviews which state that the GE and regular Knize Ten are almost identical twins, but this reviewer disagrees.
13th September, 2015
Smells like my room after polishing my shoes... through a veil of honey. Well crafted and I understand why many male fragrance fans love this. Not my piece of toast, though. Cannot imagine anyone under 60 years wearing this in a casual setting.
16th July, 2015
This smells like a masculine flanker to Chanel Cuir de Russie edt, which is nice.

This is subdued, and safe, I think. I like it. It smells a little sweet and spicey, like a nice cookie at a coffee shop, and it has the same leather feel as the Chanel, or at least reminiscent of Cuir de Russie.

16th May, 2015
It's unfortunate tha this fragrance could not escape the association with bug spray to my nose. Bug spray at the opening, bug spray in the middle, and dry bug spray at the dry down. Makes me wish I never smelled bug spray so that I can have a more objective opinion.
28th March, 2015
I completely agree with alfarom's review - the Golden Edition is a great, softer, smoother, more "modern" version of Knize. Still great and not too trendy (or too cheap). Bravi!

8,5/10
19th September, 2014

Add your review of Knize Ten Golden Edition

Shop for Knize Ten Golden Edition products online

Search Amazon for Knize Ten Golden Edition

Member images of Knize Ten Golden Edition

There are no member images of Knize Ten Golden Edition yet. Why not be the first?