Savanè Oud (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseTorre of Tuscany
PerfumerMaria Candida Gentile

About Savanè Oud

Savanè Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Torre of Tuscany. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maria Candida Gentile

Savanè Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Savanè Oud

I don’t get neither “savane” nor “oud” in here. What I get instead since the very opening is a smell of bicycle tires, refreshed by a thin herbal and balsamic-anisic breeze. Shortly, the smell of your bike after a stroll in the park. Apart from that, on the very base I only get some soft, gentle cedar-amber accord, and a generic yet pleasant smell of petals. That’s it for a while; then, reaching the drydown, the herbal-floral breeze fades away a bit, and you remain with a sort of rubbery cedar note with a subtle sweet-balsamic vibe. Now, I must say I enjoy Savane Oud’s refined discretion, which makes it an elegant close-to-skin scent; and I also appreciate the fact it isn’t another oud similar to dozens of others... but honestly – I can’t help it – it bores me to death.

5,5-6/10
15th December, 2014
Savane Oud is not your typical medicinal oud. Personally I wouldn't even classify it as a oud. It opens with a blast of dark green notes that, at traces, lean towards the resin/ copal type of aroma. Stark and quite striking. The fragrance introduces then a mix of semi-challenging spices providing a sweaty / arid vibe. A woody-patch base serves as the bone structure.

Pretty linear but nicely executed. I'm a big fan of Maria Candida Gentile's work and while I dig her Savane Oud, I think it lacks the extra-kick that would have turned it into something really special. In her defense, I've to say that she completely avoided to fall into synth dry-woody territories.

If you're a fan of stark woody stuff, give this a chance.

17th April, 2014

Add your review of Savanè Oud

Shop for Savanè Oud products online

Member images of Savanè Oud

There are no member images of Savanè Oud yet. Why not be the first?