Infanta En Flor (2011)

Average Rating:

Infanta En Flor Fragrance notes

Orange flower water, Spanish leather, Citrus, Immortelle

Infanta En Flor information

Infanta En Flor is a unisex fragrance by Arquiste. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Infanta En Flor

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

stephend's avatar

I didn't like it at first (air freshener? that's an insult to a great perfumer and I don't think that on my return). On second wearing I quite like it but it's a bit too floral (or at least the wrong kind of floral) for me so I probably won't buy it.

27 January, 2014

Foustie's avatar

Scotland Scotland

A charming fragrance

Well, it seems that I disagree with my respected friends/previous reviewers on this one. In my view this is a charming fragrance of great interest. Infanta En Flor opens with a very beautiful bright clean Orange Flower. A stunning opening. It is not heady. It's as clean as very good Orange Flower Water. It is joined by floral notes, notably a green, non indolic jasmine, which adds to the gentle sparkle. It is a very cool fragrance at this stage. The immortelle does not stand out on it's own to me.

In the mid development the fragrance does become very soapy indeed, which we know is not unusual with orange flower, and I think that this soapy phase is consistent with the style of the fragrance. I don't mind that at all, in fact I find it very pleasant. Infanta en Flor hums along in this way for several hours. It is wearing close to the skin by then. Eventually, a soft balsamic leather emerges, quiet and elegant. After six hours or so, this becomes amber. It is a whisper on the skin by that time (from dabbing, it may be different if sprayed).

Infanta en Flor is very lovely in my view. A successful composition with beautiful development. It's hard to describe where it sits in terms of genre, and in a strange way I think that perhaps that is why it doesn't get more attention. It smells quite classical but it has a more open, lighter structure which places it firmly on contemporary ground. It has suggestions of Eau de Cologne in the early stages but it has more tenacious foundations than that. It is rich but not in the least heavy. It strikes one as very complete somehow. If it seems like I am heading towards describing it as unique, well, no, it isn't that either. It's familiar. It won't be exciting enough for many people, but I think that it is a grower and probably a long keeper. It is one of the loveliest Orange Flower fragrances that I have tried. Try it if you like your Orange Flower clean and soapy.

It would be great on both women and men.

Pros: Beautiful Structure
    Cons: None for me.

02 July, 2013

ladymurasaki's avatar

The opening is a fresh floral on a subdued leather base. The dry down is baby powder. It is a nice fresh scent, if you like clean, soapy scents.

23 October, 2012

Quarry's avatar

Learning that Matildaben had developed a liking for Infanta en Flor and given the notes (orange flower water, Spanish leather, cistus resin, and immortelle flower), I was sure I'd like this, at least a little. In reality, I don't. I get a lot of baby oil. Even if infants are the inspiration, I expect more perfume and less Pampers.

22 October, 2012

Add your review of Infanta En Flor

Search for on eBay United States

Arquiste Infanta en Flor 1ml ...Maria Teresa of Spain, Orange Blossom, Floral
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)