Vince Camuto (2011)

PerfumerSteven Demercado
Parent CompanyPerfumania Holdings > Parlux
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Vince Camuto

Vince Camuto is a feminine perfume by Vince Camuto. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Steven Demercado

Vince Camuto fragrance notes

Reviews of Vince Camuto

This is an odd one, a fragrance that leaves me feeling frustrated and a bit confused. I had high hopes and big expectations for this one after reading so many positive online reviews. I bought this blind, 3.5 ounces @ a mere $29.99 on Amazon...apparently from a reputable perfume retailer. I'm glad I did not pay more for this because after "trying" it and wearing it for a day or two, I do not think it will be one of my go-to fragrances.

With so many identified "notes" and so much allegedly going on, this perfume seems to do nothing once it settles down on my skin. Initially out of the bottle, I definitely detect the "rum" scent, an aroma that I generally do not like. In fairness, the opening rum notes are not over-bearing or intolerable as some "rum" fragrances can be. The opening notes are not unpleasant...just very very PRESENT, as others have stated. And as an aside, a reviewer on another site noted, there IS something a bit strange in the opening notes that definitely attacks the nostrils...not necessarily unpleasant...just strong, present and a bit odd...alcoholic...hey, I think it's the RUM!

The middle notes and dry-down are where things get too weird, confusing and frustrating for me & my tastes. Yes, amber comes through as does a heady mixture of MULTIPLE florals (definitely rose, jasmine, osmanthus), powder, musk, amber, vanilla, etc...everything. I do not detect a lot of patchouli or leather...notes I wouldn't mind! At any rate, the middle notes or mid-phase of this potion almost smell a bit funerial to me...something I definitely do not like...almost old-lady like.

Fortunately, while still a bit confusing, the dry-down and base notes are not so bad because everything seems to calm down into a lot of, well...nothing really. After 30-45 minutes or so, I am left with a barely detectable aroma of boozy, powdery amber & rum...a wee-bit of Bulgarian rose, perhaps (which is nice). Actually, the dry down and base notes are quite pleasant but almost unrecognizable and non-detectable...frustrating for me after suffering through so much-smile.

This fragrance has good silage and great longevity, as it seems to last for quite some time. And while silage is good, on me this fragrance plays close to the skin (which given how I smell, may be a good thing).

Some reviewers on other sites describe this fragrance as "rich, sensuous, unusual, enigmatic, very feminine, exotic, etc," which are not words that come to my mind after I sampled (wore) this for a few days in a row. While pleasant enough and not offensive, this Vince Camuto scent is extraordinarily ordinary on me.

I guess I'll use up the bottle, using it here and there, etc when my much beloved fragrances run low.
25th February, 2015 (last edited: 26th February, 2015)
I like it and so does my husband but its just a bit manly.
20th February, 2015
Very Nice

A fresh floral with just a touch of sweetness from the rum top note. The osmanthus lightens it up and keeps it from being too candy sweet or powdery. Nice bottle too. Price reasonable. I would wear this all the time

Pros: Good all-around Fragrance
Cons: Wish it lasted longer"

09th October, 2013

Add your review of Vince Camuto

Shop for Vince Camuto products online

Shop for Vince Camuto at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vince Camuto

Member images of Vince Camuto

There are no member images of Vince Camuto yet. Why not be the first?