Exotic Essence (2011)
    by David Yurman

Exotic Essence Fragrance Notes

Shop for Exotic Essence products online

Reviews of Exotic Essence

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

babsbendix's avatar
    babsbendix

I got this one as a blind buy, and was really pleasantly surprised. I don't get any floral notes at all, and find it to be a straightforward patchouli and peach scent rounded out by amber as it warms up - the patchouli is really dry and almost masculine as it opens. The thing is, the components seem to be high quality, so it does read more luxury than celebutante; if you're a fan of the patchouli/peach combo, there's really nothing to dislike! Ironically, because I didn't exactly know what I was getting, it garners more compliments than just about anything else I've worn. The concentration makes it flexible - you can keep it daytime with a light spray, and bombshell with a few. Probably layers well with rose...

25 February, 2014

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

This is soooooo sweet, floral and gourmand.
    Rich and heavy. Oddly, the patchouli and vanilla aren't the problems I thought they'd be. Rather, it is the musk and some other notes which are the obstacle.
    I think the "peach skin" note is a disaster. Smells metallic, cloying and quite unpleasant.
    And the amber has the usual rich, buttery, treacly note which I dislike.
    I don't see any "exotic woods" -- whatever those might be, nor sandalwood, nor wood notes of any kind.

11th September, 2012