Fig

Fig information

HouseZents
PerfumerDawn Spencer Hurwitz

About Fig

Fig is a shared / unisex perfume by Zents. The fragrance was created by perfumer Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Fig fragrance notes

Reviews of Fig

Not what I expect from a scent labeled "fig". No green leafy notes, no coconut cousin notes verging on creamy.
Instead, this is spicy with a warm jammy preserves opening. Quite Serge Lutens in style. Veers into a heavy musk and lipstick case scent. That I don't care for at all. Eventually it settles into a warm and somewhat pleasant scent.
But it is not something I'd seek out.
13th October, 2012
This is a really interesting fig perfume, in that it doesn't smell like that mix of coconut and tarragon that usually passes for a fig note in most perfumes. Instead, it's a dense mix of other notes (honestly, they blend together so fully that I could never recognize any of the listed notes, except for the cognac, which is fairly prominent) that comes together to smell like an actual fig - kind of green, kind of woody, kind of pulpy, vaguely sweet, though also a bit sour, and a bit powdery at the end. This isn't the candied fig smell of a fig newton cookie, but the syrupy boozy smell a real fig takes on when concentrated (it mostly reminds me of fig molasses, the cooked-down fig syrup served with cheeses, but with a distinct booze smell included and a touch of powder in the background).

I respect this perfume a lot, but I'm not 100% sure I like it as something to wear, hence the neutral review. If I wanted something more to my personal taste, I would have liked to have seen this taken to a more complex place, supported with smoky woods and spices, though I think this may win its share of fans, especially fig fanatics who don't like the coconutty fig note most perfumes use.
26th June, 2012

Add your review of Fig

Shop for Fig products online

Search Amazon for Fig

Member images of Fig

There are no member images of Fig yet. Why not be the first?