Green Tea Camellia (2011)
by Elizabeth Arden

Green Tea Camellia information

Year of Launch2011

HouseElizabeth Arden
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchElizabeth Arden Inc

About Green Tea Camellia

Green Tea Camellia is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 2011

Green Tea Camellia fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Tea Camellia

There is one review of Green Tea Camellia.
I couldn't get past the citrusy-minty opening of the original Green Tea, but this flanker made me curious about the "camellia" note. While I can't recall its natural smell, Camellia's protagonist resembles the scent of the hair treatment oil--a little bitter, green, smoky, leaning on the masculine side.
GT Camellia opens with a mix of non-sweet fruit (with a tiny hint of juicy citrus without any sourness) and spices, followed soon by watery white florals which only lend a clean but not soapy touch and remain in the background. The spices provide a very nice cooling sensation, more subtle and gentle in their refreshing effect than mint which, as in the opening of the original, could often appear menthol-like and too harsh for my liking. Once the initial spicy edges had subdued, Camellia became skin-close and stayed for more than 12 hours on my rather dry skin, with its optimistic remnants.

Although my expectation based on the ads and description ("inspired by the Asian feeling of peace and tranquility") was not met, this is nonetheless very enjoyable in a more sportive, extroverted way with the sensation of relaxing in the open air, in the cooling white shades at the poolside under the clear blue sky. Overall, I find this a nostalgic scent, like an homage to the 90s--a mix of Kenzo L'Eau Par Kenzo pour Homme and Eau Belle d'Azzaro which I both used to wear and enjoy.

The tea note was non-existent to me--but then, I am accustomed to really strong green tea scents, so my nose is probably insensitive to smaller amounts (same with the non-existent "coffee" note in Black Opium); hence, I wouldn't have recognised this as a Green Tea flanker at all (but then again, I don't really smell "green tea" in the original neither...). Camellia is less citric than the original, more aquatic, fruity, spicy, just a little flowery, and (on my skin) even more unisex. It has been discontinued, but for the low price, well worth a try if you are looking for a non-sweet, aquatic, pleasantly cooling floral fragrance suitable for summer and humid heat.
10th December, 2016 (last edited: 18th April, 2017)

Add your review of Green Tea Camellia

Shop for Green Tea Camellia products online

Search Amazon for Green Tea Camellia

Member images of Green Tea Camellia

There are no member images of Green Tea Camellia yet. Why not be the first?