Selena Gomez (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseSelena Gomez
Parent CompanyID Perfumes

About Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez is a feminine perfume by Selena Gomez. The scent was launched in 2012

Selena Gomez fragrance notes

Reviews of Selena Gomez

A juicy summertime cocktail.i am not a big fan of celebrity perfumes as very similar with synthetic scent,sticky sweet and lack depth as this one.Selena Gomez is a mixture of sweet and juicy notes.it is linear,no development,no complex. like most celebrity fragraces,this is targeted at younger audiences.the fragrance is a tropical fruity splurge.Yummy,Sweet, Smooth,Youthful,Whismical,Cheerful, Inexpensive and Innocently Seductive.

It smells like sweet lolipopes in the beginning.sweet raspberry and juicy pineapple with the exotic sugary kick of blackberry and a hint of freesia to a dry down of dark chocolate, coconut and sensual vanilla that makes you like your favorite superstar that how you dance your frantically into a man's heart.the scent is nice for a lady who she has a youthful personality,fashionable yet carefree and casual who simply wants to smell good after a shower.it is definitely a daytime scent.

Sillage&Longevity?Average.

6.25/10
18th July, 2016 (last edited: 19th July, 2016)
This is an overwhelmeing scent. It is very fruity and floral at the start, then sort of calms down to a fruit / chemical smell.
It made me feel ill.
18th February, 2014 (last edited: 26th February, 2014)
Here's my take on Selena Gomez EDP, after sampling a few times.
Ay dios mio! Selena Selena, this stuff is nuclear- potent. Also cloying (almost got a head ache and that hasn't happended to me since the Opium and Halston era). Surprisingly, in the way young people usually describe bombastic style scents as "old lady perfumes" this rather fits that bill. I'm a little surprised it got past the marketed age focus group- no, a lot surprised.
Notes I smelled- First there are the uber-sweet berry notes. Rasberry? Blackberry? "And Dewberry" said the nice SA, it's "Dewberry". I believe I've smelled this note in body sprays, candles and Glade plug-ins. Apparently Dewberrys make super sweet pies and are easier to grow than Blackberries. The berry strength in this product is just so...did I mention nuclear?
Then the chocolate hits and I get "Angel". For me that's a worse dealbreaker than smelling like a pie. It's taken me years to make peace with the real stuff. Guess Selena's fans like Angel too- they picked the notes, per the marketing campaign.
None of the other notes came out to play with me. The drydown mellows but it is mostly a continuation of the top/mid. Longevity on my skin was an impressive 9 hours.
Overall, this EDP breaks no new ground but if you like very very sweet berry and chocolate gourmands, you might like this first offering from Selena Gomez. The EDP would be great in winter but for summer, an EDT version would be welcome. It gets a neutral from me, because it made it through the testing process without scrubbing and I'm not really a gourmand fan. For berries I'll stick to Trish McEvoy Blackberry & Vanille, Molinard Mure, or Silences Purple.
19th July, 2012

Add your review of Selena Gomez

Shop for Selena Gomez products online

Shop for Selena Gomez at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Selena Gomez

Member images of Selena Gomez

There are no member images of Selena Gomez yet. Why not be the first?