Selena Gomez (2012)

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    100ml EdP

Reviews of Selena Gomez

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative 1 Negative Reviews

GullyDitch's avatar
    GullyDitch

This is an overwhelmeing scent. It is very fruity and floral at the start, then sort of calms down to a fruit / chemical smell.
    It made me feel ill.

18 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2014)

knit at nite's avatar
    knit at nite

Here's my take on Selena Gomez EDP, after sampling a few times.
    Ay dios mio! Selena Selena, this stuff is nuclear- potent. Also cloying (almost got a head ache and that hasn't happended to me since the Opium and Halston era). Surprisingly, in the way young people usually describe bombastic style scents as "old lady perfumes" this rather fits that bill. I'm a little surprised it got past the marketed age focus group- no, a lot surprised.
    Notes I smelled- First there are the uber-sweet berry notes. Rasberry? Blackberry? "And Dewberry" said the nice SA, it's "Dewberry". I believe I've smelled this note in body sprays, candles and Glade plug-ins. Apparently Dewberrys make super sweet pies and are easier to grow than Blackberries. The berry strength in this product is just so...did I mention nuclear?
    Then the chocolate hits and I get "Angel". For me that's a worse dealbreaker than smelling like a pie. It's taken me years to make peace with the real stuff. Guess Selena's fans like Angel too- they picked the notes, per the marketing campaign.
    None of the other notes came out to play with me. The drydown mellows but it is mostly a continuation of the top/mid. Longevity on my skin was an impressive 9 hours.
    Overall, this EDP breaks no new ground but if you like very very sweet berry and chocolate gourmands, you might like this first offering from Selena Gomez. The EDP would be great in winter but for summer, an EDT version would be welcome. It gets a neutral from me, because it made it through the testing process without scrubbing and I'm not really a gourmand fan. For berries I'll stick to Trish McEvoy Blackberry & Vanille, Molinard Mure, or Silences Purple.

19 July, 2012