David Yurman Limited Edition (2011)
by David Yurman

David Yurman Limited Edition information

Year of Launch2011

HouseDavid Yurman
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About David Yurman Limited Edition

David Yurman Limited Edition is a feminine perfume by David Yurman. The scent was launched in 2011

David Yurman Limited Edition fragrance notes

Reviews of David Yurman Limited Edition

bigbz Show all reviews
Normally a composition containing two of my most hated notes(oud and rose....not to mention violet as well)would have me running for the hills. And upon first spray it nearly did! Whoa, this stuff comes out of the gates swinging with very strong projection and a slightly medicinal, but still very well tempered oud note. After about 15-20mins once the scent starts evolving(mind you, it's still VERY strong at this point)the rose comes forward and is more prominent.

This stage smells very feminine to me and while I find it to be a quality and very rich/luxurious smell, I can't envision myself wearing this. BUT....when this hits the drydown....oh boy, it is AH-MAZE-ING!!!

Seriously I get this creamy sandalwood/vanilla and sweet berry musk smell that is straight up divine! Sillage and projection are pretty minimal at this point, but you are treated to and wrapped in one of thee most delicious scents imaginable. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of having to wait the 3 or 4hrs this takes to get there.:/ So I won't be purchasing a bottle, but will still greatly enjoy my sample while at home.:)
24th March, 2015
This is how a rose and oud combo should smell like. this is the masterpiece of this genre.
I'm not a fan of those rose based fragrances, not at all. but this taif rose is something else and simply a heavenly scent.
The opening is a beautiful mix of taif rose, raspberry and smoky leather.
The taif rose smell fresh and so beautiful. a quality and extremely sexy floral scent.
The leather note mixed with semi sweet raspberry smell very elegant and smoky and remind me of leather in "Tom Ford Tuscan leather" but this one is smoother.
As time goes by taif rose and raspberry settled down and oud kicked in and at the same time leather became stronger and smokier.
The mid of this fragrance is just amazing.
while dark, bitter and smoky oud and leather notes dominating, there are some floral notes and very smooth raspberry playing a smooth symphony beside those black and dark notes.
It's like playing a metal song beside a professional symphonic/classic group.
Metallica did that once! if you haven't seen that yet go and kill yourself! lol
While there are many oud&rose combo fragrances out there that you have oud for a couple of minutes then it's gone and the fragrance leaves you with a long boring rose all the way through, this is exactly at the opposite side and it gets darker, smokier and woodier as time goes by.
Projection is great and longevity is 10 hours and more on my skin.
30th January, 2014
Wonderful - and an absolute steal at the price it can be found for.

The very first time I sprayed this, the opening hit me over the head so hard I said no thanks - not for me. It didn't help matters that it was a bit, dare I say, perfume-y, making what was supposed to have been a gender-free scent lean toward feminine. But that was just the beginning...

As it wore on, the discordant notes that I could clearly smell ALL AT ONCE began to settle down. The rose takes center stage, but it's tempered by a very masculine spice - the coriander I suspect - becoming sweeter as the raspberry comes into play.

Violet is one of the notes listed and it was evident on the initial spray, but its presence lingers and gives the rounded edges the rose provides with some sharper, more masculine vibe.

It's here where I should mention Bond's New York Oud, not in comparison - but rather contrast. I happened to like New York Oud quite a bit, the honeyed saffron and particularly the tart plum. But after smelling Yurman's Limited, it comes across as... synthetic. I'm not sure how much of NYO actually is, but Yurman's Limited smells so much more natural in comparison (even their press statement states the usage of natural agarwood, which I would tend to believe considering the way it comes straight out of the bottle).

Further into its development, I get a bit of creaminess as a result of the suede and sandalwood notes. It's here where comparisons to Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather seem apropos, but this is far from being a clone and comes across much spicier - the deep drydown somewhat reminiscent of Lumiere Noir.

Longevity is excellent, as one might expect from a Parfum Extrait, but the sillage is, to my nose, a bit more moderate as it remains true to form and stays a bit closer to the skin - something I consider a blessing vs. the loudness of New York Oud.

Originally selling for $250, testers of this fine fragrance can bow be found for as little as $33 on ebay! A steal for a fragrance drawing comparisons to both Tom Ford's private line and one of Amouage's attars.

Pros: Extrait strength. Very natural smelling ingredients.
Cons: The opening is a cacophony of notes. "</p>
12th August, 2013 (last edited: 05th March, 2015)

Add your review of David Yurman Limited Edition

Shop for David Yurman Limited Edition products online

Search Amazon for David Yurman Limited Edition

Member images of David Yurman Limited Edition

There are no member images of David Yurman Limited Edition yet. Why not be the first?