Armani Privé La Femme Nacre (2012)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé La Femme Nacre information

Year of Launch2012
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerMarie Salamagne
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Privé La Femme Nacre

Armani Privé La Femme Nacre is a feminine perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marie Salamagne

Armani Privé La Femme Nacre fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Privé La Femme Nacre

There is one review of Armani Privé La Femme Nacre.
Beautiful woody and musky iris

First off the name of the fragrance as listed here (and on other websites/blogs) is I believe both misleading and incorrect. Neither the packaging on my bottle (number 136/1000) nor the advertising on Armani's own website refers to this as 'La Femme Nacre'. It is simply called 'Armani/Prive Nacre'. Regardless, in the wearing it is my opinion that it is totally a unisex fragrance.

Although only 2 notes are listed here, I detect more than just iris and musk. It is definitely dominated by those 2, but I can sense a woody aspect that adds depth and character. It starts with a dry and surprisingly earthy note which I suspect is orris root. It quickly develops the familiar powdery characteristic that iris is know for and after about 20 minutes the musk gently appears to compliment the iris. The musk used here is not that familiar to me and doesn't bring to mind any particular feelings that I would normally associate with musk, such as either 'laundry' or 'animalistic'. In fact, I tend to feel an almost gourmand quality to the musk used here. Like a musk flavouring that might be used in a dessert.

When the dry down arrives, it is less iris and more musk and wood. I wish I could give a name to the woody note(s) used here, but it's almost as if they were an afterthought. I guess the best way to describe it is as a 'tree' smell rather than leafy, grassy or smoky; like freshly cut wood.

While Nacre is long lasting, it is understated and fairly quiet.

On the downside, this is outrageously expensive (Retail AUS$650.00) but as only 1000 bottles were produced worldwide, I guess you are paying for the exclusivity as much as the beautiful fragrance, bottle and overall presentation. Luckily for me, as Nacre has now finished its exclusive production run and since the release of the 2013 exclusive 'Nuances', I was able to obtain this directly from the Giorgio Armani boutique at a vastly reduced price with my purchase of Nuances.

Overall, this is a unique and one of a kind fragrance that I will cherish until the last drop.

*As an aside, the Giorgio Armani rep's told me that Armani Prive's Ambre d'Orient and Cedre Olympe are both being discontinued. Of course this could just be in Sydney Australia and not worldwide.

Pros: Elegant, refined, long lasting and totally unisex
Cons: Quiet and outrageously expensive"

28th September, 2013