Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été (2012)
by Guerlain

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été is a shared / unisex perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

If I had been blindfolded while testing this scent I never would have guessed it was by Guerlain. Tiny Jasmine and cardamom. The patchouli, cedar, oud, and myrrh are dry - windswept even. Saffron comes and goes. This mellows on my skin after a couple of hours into an Almost mellow sweetness. Guerlain has succeeded in creating a desert scent. I believe this would smell better on a man. Overall -- not bad.
31st October, 2017
Sharp oud, cedar and patchouli make this a very unpleasant experience for my nose. I get no neroli, no jasmine. There was a very brief Angel-like berry-ness upon first application, but that quickly faded. Now I am left with a piercing smoky wood that for me makes this scent a scrubber.
25th June, 2017
Stardate 20161013:

I loved this on paper. Thought it was the best one since LVMH acquired them.
And then I put it on my skin.
Not good. The cumin and the oudy note is not well blended. They try to give it a traditional animalic accord but fail. I think cumin is too piercing here.
It does settle down to a decent frag.
I could give it a thumbs up but the price and my expectation after paper sniffing will not let me
14th October, 2016
Well who would have thought that Guerlain would come out in this day and age with a dirty leathery spicy fragrance done for a gentleman. On first application I get the cumin body odor fragrance mixed in with a leathery woody oud and saffron. The jasmine is used wonderfully to tame the beast so it puurrss and does not growl on your skin.lol

I get the associations with Dior Leather Oud, but this has been created in a more classy way. The scent is very sensual and intimate, the balance between the dark notes is offset well with the floral jasmine.

As time goes by and the spicy cumin note settles down and this scent just gets better and better. It goes into full seduction mode, the oud, leather and floral touched myrrh does smell like you could don suit and become a Lothario for the night.

I would say this fragrance is for the gentleman who wants to attract the ladies. Very well done!
26th September, 2016
Wow! Oh wow! This is truly gorgeous. I think I actually felt my eyes glaze over when I first smelled this – it’s simply stunning. I’d only had it on half an hour and I think I must have smelled my wrist at least a dozen times. Ok, fine, probably two dozen. Whatever. I think I’ve found my version of perfume crack – it’s utterly addictive. Purecaramel was kind enough to send me a sample of the perfume oil and the regular perfume (thanks purecaramel!). I tried the oil first. I sprayed (lightly!), I sniffed, and I was completely won over. This is sublime stuff – it’s sweet, spicy, smoky and deeply delicious. I get how people say they smell cumin in this, but I like the smell of cumin, and on me, at least, it’s not annoying at all. Right off the bat, I got super soft jasmine, and, once it dried down, the leather and myrrh sprang to the surface, with a smoky undertone. Three hours later I could still smell the jasmine, only softer and almost creamy. All day I’ve been getting the most beautiful wafts of this, jasmine and spice with smoke and leather – I absolutely love it. It's billed as unisex, and I'm trying to convince my husband to try this, but he's more of a traditionalist with his scents and likes 'em spicy, so I'm hoping to lure him in with some of the more masculine unisex ones. This has gone straight to the top of my wish-list. Try it, please!

UPDATE: Yep, this is definitely my version of perfume crack. Even if I'm wearing something else for the day, I often pull out the bottle just to hoover up the scent, then spend the next minute or so glazed eyed and blissed out. Then I offer a quick prayer to the Lotto fairy to give me the winning numbers so I can buy a full bottle of this gorgeous stuff. Serious love this one!

UPDATE: If I had to be stranded on a desert island, this is the perfume I'd want with me. Just sayin'...guys?...ok I'll shut up now.
02nd September, 2016 (last edited: 23rd September, 2016)
Very nice!!As others have mentioned before this is indeed a well crafted fragrance. It carries the sensual elegance of the Leather Oud, the Cumin skankiness of Eau d'Hermes and hints of the scorched Coriander in Tauer Desert. A gourmand quality in that Spiciness, reminiscent of human skin after a fine Curry, Dried Fruit and luxurious Coitus. In a way it outcrafts the others by adding a Guerlain sweet and polished drydown. The Myrrh in particular is exceptional and cuts through the initial sweet opening.

22nd October, 2015 (last edited: 19th March, 2017)

Add your review of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Shop for Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été products online

Search Amazon for Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

There are no member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été