Florabotanica (2012)

Based on 19 ratings

Florabotanica Fragrance notes

Vetiver, Amber, Caladium leaf, Rose, Carnation, Mint

Florabotanica information

Florabotanica is a women's fragrance by Balenciaga. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Florabotanica products online

50ml EdP
    50ml EdP
    $108.31*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 64.75)

Reviews of Florabotanica

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

rogalal's avatar

An unenthusiastic thumbs up. Florabotanica kicks off with a fruity red cassis paired with green mint as a counterpoint. The fruity quality fades fairly quickly, making room for a mix of green herbs and unconvincing synthetic rose that turns out to be the long-term focus of the scent.

Aside from the silly fruit on top, Florabotanica smells to me like a study in the contrasts between masculine herbs and feminine fruity rose. It's not bad at all, but even after repeated wears, I'm just not finding it very compelling despite some interesting pappery flower sillage. In the world of high end designer perfumes that seem to have been obsessed with smelling like strawberry shampoo for the last couple of years, Florabotanica smells considerably more thoughtful and smart than its sisters, but there are other scents that combine flowers and herbs more compellingly. Thumbs up, but without much excitement.

29 January, 2014

montmorency's avatar

I haven't worn a rose-based scent since Tea Rose at age 15, but lately I've found myself lingering in that section of the olfactionary garden. My last two purchases were Eau de Cartier Goutte de Rose and Balenciaga Flora Botanica. I outgrew Tea Rose's soliflore about the time my wisdom teeth came in, but this duo refreshes the demure old theme with a hot clove-carnation spice (Cartier) and a juicy, faintly minty rose cordial (Balenciaga). I don't detect the vetiver in Flora Botanica at all -- odd because I am wild for vetiver -- and the 'powdery' note reported by others sounds more like the desiccated rose petals of the potpourri jar rather than this rich, dew-spangled beauty. The Cartier is my choice for the depths of winter, when the memory of fragrant gardens is wan and tenuous and its peppery rose reminds one of baking summer days. The Balenciaga is more like personal air conditioning, to be worn on baking summer days.

21st January, 2014

JackTwist's avatar

First a burst of melon, then pepper, then more pepper - and that's all I get. No flowers at all -and the pepper is harsh and chemical-laden.

The classic Perles de Lalique combined pepper with rose in 2005 and came up with a great new chypre scent. Here no one even attempts to balance these elements.

Another modern disaster from the bought name of Balenciaga.

20th November, 2013 (Last Edited: 08 January, 2014)

rbaker's avatar

Outside beauty

The freshness of the opening is nice with hints of carnation and a minty twist, with a rather disappointing rose note that on my skin never goes beyond synthetic blandness. A touch of green at times. On my skin this scent is thin with very poor silage and projection, and a longevity of three hours. I suspect in warm weather this might be less flat. Pleasantly superficial. My expectations were raised by the lovely packaging and the well-designed bottle, but the content did not live up to them. Looks great on the dressing table though.

04 October, 2013

Michael.j's avatar

This is most definitely a unisex frag. It might be one of the most powerful fragrances I've ever tried -- at least in terms of staying power. I sprayed it on my left arm yesterday at noon, and I can still smell it strongly through the sleeve of my canvas shirt, from 18 inches away. It's like a cross of Ivoire de Balmain (vintage) and YSL's original Paris. I'm a guy and am thinking seriously about getting a bottle. It is by no means original, but it is refreshing. It is not subtle, but subtle isn't always a virtue. It is commanding and bold. It's not a slouchy scent. Rather, it's something you might wear to a semi-formal garden party in East Hampton. Think linen pants and silk bow ties over shorts and flip-flops; mimosas over beer. This day scent is not, however, stuffy or pretentious. It's sophisticated relaxation, a hammock in the shade, a cooling balm after a day at the beach. Reminds me of my summers in Southern Maine.

22 April, 2013

Cricketkitty's avatar

Could not wait to try this as I had already read about it and loved the packaging. What I got was a very dry and powdery rose. The fragrance is very linear, with the only variation being a very slight minty freshness in the beginning, but that left with evaporation. This is a very tenacious fragrance, one little squirt left a comet trail behind me for a long time, and when I woke up the next morning (after a shower the night before) I could still smell it clinging to my wrist. Something about it reminds me of very well dressed ladies in the 1960s-1970s. I heard it has a note of cannibis in it, I guess that is what is reminding me of that era.

09 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 19 March, 2013)

Add your review of Florabotanica

Search for on eBay United States

NEW Balenciaga Florabotanica SEALED IN BOX 1.7 fl. oz.
    • Time Left:
    • Time Left:
    NEW FLORABOTANICA BALENCIAGA Eau de Parfum 1.2ml Spray Sample Vial Travel Size
    • Time Left: 1 day
    (Shipping from United States)
    Balenciaga Florabotanica 3.4oz Women's EDP Gift Set (3 pieces) (new in box)
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now