La Vie Est Belle (2012)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About La Vie Est Belle

La Vie Est Belle is a feminine perfume by Lancôme. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Polge and Dominique Ropion

La Vie Est Belle fragrance notes

Reviews of La Vie Est Belle

Super sweet, delicious, edible fragrance, but a little definitely goes a long way! This scent had a whole room talking in the evening, hours after initial application. I don't typically like my fragrance to be quite that loud, so I'd stick to just one light spritz on my next wear. But it is delectable, feminine, almost cupcake like and quite addictive.
18th March, 2018
La Vie Est Belle

The candy is abundant. (The maturity, redundant.)
The fruits are glacée. (The passers-by will surely pay.)
The flowers are limp. (The meek demeanour of a wimp.)
The width is a mile. (The people request exile.)
The depth is a micron. (The classic perfumery is gone.)
The patchouli is... where? (The hippies say a prayer.)
The sillage is choking. (The perfumistas are all balking.)
The persistence is relentless. (The wearers, all repentless.)

The Julia Roberts is smiling. (The sheep are single filing.)
The cash registers are ringing. (The fat cats are all singing.)

The life may be beautiful.
The fragrance is a bore.

Credits:
Original review by Cook.bot
Greek chorus by Suspended
22nd January, 2018 (last edited: 24th January, 2018)
It opens with some fruity scents then quickly dries down into praline, vanilla and patchouli scents. The praline is dominant. Though the patchouli tends to balance it with some earthiness, it doesn't seem to be enough. I find it at the limit of being cloying sweet even with one spritz. Plus I have difficulty to associate the fragrance with the supposed image of a 'beautiful life'. I'm not very inspired. But the longevity is 9h+ and the sillage is quite good.

After I tested it again, I insist using it sparingly. Not only just one spritz but one litte spritz. This time I detect the fruits and floral scents much better and they helped a lot to pull the praline back from being cloying sweet.

Originall written in 2013
22nd December, 2017
Excellent silage and very long-lasting. But to me, this smells like a little girl's perfume. Too sweet, no depth. It isn't saying anything new.
07th June, 2017
À strong and sweet floral that can be a bit itchy for the nose in the opening.
A mix of flower that's quite average. Nothing new. Good sillage and longevity.
31st January, 2017
I have got to say that this is THE STRONGEST perfume I've ever owned. I own and have owned many perfumes, but this one tops the list of the strongest. It lasts for about three days on me, yes I said 3, it has that much lasting power. Let me tell you, if you're not ready for this, then don't buy it, it can be very clingy. It's sweet. There are some days that I cannot wear it, I have to be in the mood and with a strong stomach to wear it. It can be very overwhelming, so please, only spray a little bit and on parts of the body that are away from the face, like the wrists and the backs of your knees. Not for the office. It's a night time perfume. It's nice though too strong.
15th January, 2017

Add your review of La Vie Est Belle

Shop for La Vie Est Belle products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of La Vie Est Belle

There are no member images of La Vie Est Belle yet. Why not be the first?