Oud Ispahan (2012)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Oud Ispahan

François Demachy:

Oud Ispahan is like opening the doors of an Oriental palace with ochre walls and being struck by its fragrance. The smoky scent of burning wood blends with that of sweet floral water on washed hands. That's the scent of this smooth atmosphere, where rose, frankincense and resin linger. The perfume is velvety and sensual, like the roses of the Orient.

Oud Ispahan fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Ispahan

I tried this originally as a sample. The oud was pleasant, not overpowering and very wearable...initially. Then the iso E super bomb dropped and I smelled like a gerbil cage. For those who do not do well with this ingredient, you've been warned. Still can't wash it off.
17th July, 2019
Well easy to rate this.
I love Oud Scents, I have many Oud frags.... But this is a complete Masterpiece.
Beastly performance and I love the complexity of the Sweet and the Dark vibe, with the perfect mix of floral and Woodiness.
Complete Masterpiece from Dior.
So if you like the Oud Rose combo... Go sample this Perfectly complex Scent.
Starts up very Rosie then turns Dirtier and dirtier minute by minute....

Scent... 10
Performance... 10
Sillage... 10

Perfection here all the way. Must try.
13th March, 2019 (last edited: 15th March, 2019)
Classy, rich oud with definite rose note support that reminds me greatly of Montale's Red Aoud.

Powerful sillage and longevity, which is both a greeting (to those loving rose-heavy oud scents) and a warning (to the opposite). Oud Ispahan is refreshing, inviting, telling a story to the wearer and smeller alike of a royal experience in distant lands. The labdanum and patchouli are credible reinforcers of the overall classiness that Oud Ispahan exudes, especially further down in the wear cycle.

Went ahead and got a decant; full bottle is a bit much for me, sizewise and pricewise.
01st December, 2018
A lot of rose with cheapish synthetic feel to it and it lasts forever, I had to wash it off my hand because of how bad it was. Easy NO buy fragrance.

Still many seem to love it...
13th June, 2018
A familiar, yet beloved combination for me. I always enjoy smelling and wearing Oud, rose, labdanum, sandalwood, and patchouli in any incarnation. This one in particular isn't screechy. I think it's well balanced. The base has a tad sweetness to it.

I won't purchase a FB but, I will enjoy the small decant I have.
03rd May, 2018
Stardate 20170815:

Synthetic oud with some roses. Well done.
Oud is barnyardy.
Nothing original here but the blending and balance is good. Perhaps a bit too pricey at retail prices.
15th August, 2017