Un Jour d'Ete (2012)

Un Jour d'Ete information

Year of Launch2012

HouseKeiko Mecheri

About Un Jour d'Ete

Un Jour d'Ete is a feminine perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2012

Un Jour d'Ete fragrance notes

Reviews of Un Jour d'Ete

The 'other' main fragrance website lists coconut as an accord, but I don't really detect any noticeable coconut in this very fresh and floral uplifting fragrance. The notes listed on Keiko Mecheri's own website are: Sicilian lemon, petitgrain, mandarine, floral accord, aromatic notes(?), amber notes(?) and white musk.

I did expect (and hope for) a decent amount of coconut based on the aforementioned website, but for me this is all about jasmine (one of my favorite notes) and very juicy citrus top/mid notes, followed by a healthy dose of musky woods in the dry down base.

Although it's not comprised of very unique notes, it's done in such a careful and beautiful way that I do find the overall feeling to be unique for this type of fragrance. There's a salty edge to this (similar to Creed's Millseme Imperial, which this vaguely sort of reminds me of) which I guess can only come from either the non-specific aromatics or amber notes.

Despite my disappointment at the missing coconut, I really do like this and each time I wear it I find that I like it more and more. The gorgeous bottle presentation just adds to the overall positive feeling I have towards this one. It truly uplifts my mood each time.
04th September, 2017
Good but not great
Describing the scent I looked for as a fresh, not to sweet, cologne style perfume, the first suggestion was Le Labo Bergamotte (prefer Hermès Voyage over it). Deeming that too citrusy the next was Un jour d'été.

With the initial bergamot and lemon a good first similarity. The dry down is too sweet for me.

I took home two samples and after one small sniff almost blind-bought Isabey's Gardenia.
16th September, 2014
The name of this perfume - Un jour d'ete - means A summer dag, and since the perfume "Jasmine" from Keiko Mecheri is one of the most beautiful jasmines I've smelled, I had high hopes for this one.

Unfortunately this is a summer day with citrus fruits. A LOT of citrus. Initially I get bergamot (and petit grain?) but above all: lemon. After 30 minutes I can detect the "woody notes" listed as base notes, but a sweet amber is more prominent.

The result is a citrus-amber creation with a hint of unspecified flowers. I could be polite and say that the dry down smells like a creamy fruity-floral. But I prefer to be honest: to me this smells like the air fresheners people use for their toilets.
11th November, 2012 (last edited: 30th November, 2012)

Add your review of Un Jour d'Ete