Blackberry & Bay (2012)

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerFabrice Pellegrin
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Blackberry & Bay

Blackberry & Bay is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Fabrice Pellegrin

Blackberry & Bay fragrance notes

Reviews of Blackberry & Bay

A rather sweet berry-tropical fragrance that is desperately meek, but might suit a certain individual who wants discretion in a scent. The opening is a sugary blackberry and grapefruit, immediately underpinned by a balanced bay note. I guess that's where I'm getting the tropical vibe, but it's really not so complex. The juicy fruit opening settles quickly and your left with a restrained bay and dry wood accord for about 3 hrs along with a lingering sweetness. It would make a nice vacation scent, along the lines of a very tame EROLFA. Mostly a miss for me.
24th October, 2017
I am a fan of most things Jo Malone. And while this particular one doesn't last very long on me, it's fresh and light and sentimental to me. It smells quite similar to a perfume that my favorite aunt used to wear in the early 90's.
I enjoy it particularly because the blackberry I get from it is true to form: green, tasty, and tart with a bit of sweetness. It fades into a green woody wispy mist that, even though it disappears quickly (it barely makes it two hours), is fun and accessible.
19th February, 2016
I really like this. Though I will tell you my nephew owns this and it smells quite different on him then it does on me. The bay is definitely dominant on him. As for me, the floral component comes out more and so does the grapefruit.

Like most Jo Malone perfumes it does not have great sillage which is fine by me. I'm not that kind of girl. If you stand next to me I want you to notice my perfume. When I enter the room I don't want people five feet away gasping for air because I've overdone it. Just one of those differences that make the world go round.

I would like to talk about notes and use big fancy words but JM fragances aren't like this. One of the reasons I like Jo Malone is her scents are understated. I find them very elegant and classy with a lot of complexity. This is the second scent I have bought under the Jo Malone label that wasn't actually created by Jo Malone. I would like to be able to try some of the Jo Loves but they are not available in the USA. Maybe there is a clause in the sale agreement with Estee Lauder that is responsible for this?

This is a beautiful scent that will be in my wardrobe a long time.
23rd November, 2015
Reminiscent of Diptyque's L'Ombre dans L'Eau, but with just a bit more fruit. The bay leaf really is at the center of this delightful fragrance, which manages to be both light and bull-bodied at the same time. Sillage isn't that great (it fades very quickly), but for the scent, it's worth it.
05th August, 2014
Genre: Citrus

Blackberry & Bay Cologne confirms my suspicion that Jo Malone makes fragrances for people who dislike fragrance. The central berries and clean musk theme parallels predecessors like Mûre et Musc and Fraîcheur Muskissime, but is offered here in a tenfold dilution, as if to ward off the calamity of somebody accidentally smelling it. The bay should make an interesting savory contrast to the berries, but in a fragrance this faint and fleeting, it hardly makes a difference. What’s next? “Distilled Water Cologne?”
24th July, 2014
About 30 seconds in this turns into something akin to a blurred version of the drydown of Pamplelune and stays like that until it fades completely, approximately one hour after application. Any other notes are barely apparent. Disappointing.
01st April, 2013

Add your review of Blackberry & Bay

Shop for Blackberry & Bay products online

Search Amazon for Blackberry & Bay

Member images of Blackberry & Bay

There are no member images of Blackberry & Bay yet. Why not be the first?