Replica Beach Walk (2012)
by Martin Margiela

Replica Beach Walk information

Year of Launch2012

HouseMartin Margiela
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Replica Beach Walk

Replica Beach Walk is a feminine perfume by Martin Margiela. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Reviews of Replica Beach Walk

Have you ever gone to a party or a club and it was an off night and there was barely anyone there, but you and your friends already paid, so you soldier on, desperately trying to act like you're having fun when you're clearly not? Beach Walk is that feeling expressed as a perfume.

This wants soooo badly to be a beach party in a bottle, but it's doing it quite poorly. Ostensibly, this is one of those suntan lotion bodies-on-a-beach perfumes, but it's awkwardly off kilter. There's that mix of tuberose and orange blossom that implies old-school tanning lotion, and tons of salty calone to imply both beach air and salty bodies, and some coconut to make everything "tropical". There's soapy neroli, and for some reason a large amount of hairspray aldehydes making evrything smell like it's coated in molten plastic, and some kind of musk that makes it all smell like it's a complicated scented shampoo. I really don't think it works. The elements clash and the salty plastic and shampoo drenching everything is just a mess. For my money, Bond's Fire Island remains the best of this style, still miles ahead of the many to come since, and this is at the bottom of that pack.
15th December, 2017 (last edited: 10th January, 2018)
I actually really like this - it's an uncomplicated but well-done, true to its name beach scent, though I sampled it at the wrong time of year. I prefer it over Bobbi Brown Beach. The only caveat is that it was listed as a "top-seller" at Sephora, and I don't want to smell like the masses.
22nd November, 2017
Super light version of Alien
07th July, 2017
I usually don't like "blue", "salty" scents, but this one is FaceBook worthy. You get salt, white flowers and fresh coconut. Very interesting. Light, but with good longevity and sillage.
13th April, 2017
This and Tom Ford's Soleil Blanc smell very similar. A slightly fruity Jasmine with a soapy background. It also has a coconut vibe in this as well. Seems like Tom Ford copied off Replica on this one. More on the feminine side IMO.
03rd October, 2016
I love the coconut and gardenia I smell in this but thats pretty much all I get. It's great at first but after a few hours it felt monotonous and I was over the novelty of the opening, but nothing else happened. I could still smell this on me after 8 hours. I think it has a delicious smell but not enough storyline to keep me interested.
27th July, 2014

Add your review of Replica Beach Walk

Shop for Replica Beach Walk products online

Search Amazon for Replica Beach Walk

Member images of Replica Beach Walk

There are no member images of Replica Beach Walk yet. Why not be the first?