Loriani (2008)

Loriani information

Year of Launch2008

HouseTesta Maura

About Loriani

Loriani is a shared / unisex perfume by Testa Maura. The scent was launched in 2008

Loriani fragrance notes

Reviews of Loriani

The Loriani's introduction is simply bewitching with a penetrating and ostensibly sticky (better to say apparently resinous) thyme/lavender/rosemary accord (somewhat "O'Driu'esque", a la Londa 1006 first blast for instance) by soon followed by a sparkling orange blossoms really bracing intervenction. While for about five minutes the herbs are heady and absolutely catalyzing, going ahead the evolution performs a sheer orange blossoms slightly spicy (cinnamon, pepper?) vibe becoming more and more intense but always retaining its minty spark till almost the end. There is a dissonant and slightly medicinal (vaguely the morgue ambience conjuring) and rubbery/smoky secret note in the amalgam which I'm not frankly able to define. This feel represents the usual shortcoming I tend to detect in the central phase of the Testa Maura's fragrances evolution; while indeed I fully tend to enjoy the first stage and finally to "moderately" appreciate the dry down (in the scents of this brand) I tend to find the core overly harsh and crude (sometimes askew/dissonant) though in an utterly natural way. I'm sure some woodsy resins (pine resins and may be seasoned cedarwood a la Arso) are included in the recipe. Along the dry down the aroma tends to turn out more restrained but softer and smoother with well calibrated hints of vanilla. The final outcome is in substance still herbal/orangy but almost dry, virile, vaguely steamy and spicy (peppery and moderately mild). This final part I have to admit is intriguing for sure. Ordinary longevity and projection on my skin.
11th March, 2014
drseid Show all reviews
Loriani opens with a breeze of pure lavender. The lavender remains throughout, but in the heart notes it is joined by herbs resembling a combination of marjoram, thyme and rosemary that give the lavender an almost mentholated undertone coupling further with a subtle orange blossom that sits well in the background. The dry-down remains somewhat herbal with maybe a bit of well concealed vanilla in the base. Projection is very good with below average longevity.

Loriani is definitely not my kind of scent, as it features lavender as its primary star and that is a note I tend to dislike in most compositions. The herbal blend coupling with the lavender in the heart notes is a bit harsh and only makes the lavender a bit harder to take if you don't care for it to begin with. The thing is that despite my seeming dislike for the composition I keep trying to get a whiff of it for some reason, and that leads me to believe there must be something here interesting enough to keep me guessing... It may be the herbal combination that while officially only listing thyme I think I am smelling a lot more than that. Whatever it is that is keeping me interested I think I have to give the scent a mild thumbs up and a "good" 3 star out of 5 rating. I personally don't care much for it, but I respect its differentiation from other lavender compositions.
04th August, 2012
Fragrance composition:

Topnote: Bergamot, Lavender, Thyme
Heartnote: Orange Blossom, Lavender
Basenote: Vanilla

I'm surely not among the biggest fans of orange blossom but, I've to admit, that paired with both thyme and lavender it provides a nice twist. Loriani unmistakeably starts with pure lavender. So far so good but probably not exactly exciting considering the huge amount of lavender-centered fragrances available on the market. What makes Loriani different, or at least attention worthy, is the thyme/orange blossom accord that joins the party in the middle phase. All the notes I mentioned may have the tendency to become sort of scratchy if not directly harsh but Torre's intepretation, while running on the edge of precipice, shows a classicist vein that's quite irresistible. The drydown is close to the skin, softly spicy and moderately sweet.

Considering I'm not much of a fan of most of the notes involved in this composition, Loriani still clearly speaks of honesty and simplicity. Nice.

13th June, 2012

Add your review of Loriani

Shop for Loriani products online

Search Amazon for Loriani

Member images of Loriani

There are no member images of Loriani yet. Why not be the first?