Olympic Amber
    by Olympic Orchids

Average Rating:

Olympic Amber information

Olympic Amber is a unisex fragrance by Olympic Orchids.

Reviews of Olympic Amber

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

rogalal's avatar

I've really been enjoying this one. Most ambers form such a cohesive whole for me that it's usually difficult for my nose to pick out what makes them up, but Olympic Amber is blended in such a way that its individual ingredients peek out, keeping it from feeling too linear or drone-ish (my complaints with a lot of amber perfumes). It's apparently based on mostly labdanum, which gives it a resinous green feel that's rare in ambers, but there's also Olympic Orchids' signature creme soda note giving a sweet lightness, while plumes of smoky incense and woods come through every once in a while, as well as that mulchy forest floor smell you get when a good patchouli meets labdanum. It never gets too sweet and, on the other side of the scale, never gets lost in medicinal weirdness either. Instead, it lives in a dense forest between the two extremes, which really appeals to my personal tastes.

Of the original Olympic Orchids line, this is my favorite. That being said, I haven't dived into their very intriguing Devil scents yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind...

15 September, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Why does an amber that seems to be composed mainly of turpentine, leather and shoe polish please my soul so? Maybe itís the feel of a lived-in space that it creates, a space of comfort, free of fuss and worry. It also sits just right on the skin, not too rich or cloying. The vanilla is judged perfectly in this, lending a dusty, softening undertow and the sweetness is also barely there. I can see how this was intended as a base for other perfumes, but Iím glad it exists in its own right.

30th July, 2012