Pear + Olive (2012)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Pear + Olive

Pear + Olive is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Pear + Olive fragrance notes

Reviews of Pear + Olive

My very least favorite from Slumberhouse. And that's saying something since I am not a fan of their thick, dense, heavy-footed, pedal to the metal house style. Here, however, it is the sweetness, rather than the density that does me in. I actually feel physically ill when smelling this combination of pear and fig(?) and coconut and cognac. It reminds me of a very cheap fruity shampoo I once bought by mistake. Where, oh, where is the olive?

Urrrrgh.
10th October, 2017
Wow...I finally tried Pear and Olive from Slumberhouse, and then find that it's been discontinued. I wouldn't care if I didn't LOVE IT!!!!! I want a bottle now and won't find one without being robbed in broad daylight. This is the buttery goodness I was looking for when I was sampling Mona di Orio's Vanille. While the MDO Vanille is nice, it has a sour sharpness during the wear that Pear and Olive doesn't have. This Slumberhouse fragrance is brilliant, and I wish I had gotten a bottle when I had the chance. Sadness...

Thumbs way, way up for Pear and Olive...
14th March, 2017 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)
Floris van Dijck, Still life 1615-20
10th February, 2017
Slumberhouse Pear + Olive, now being discontinued, is probably the most unique of their current offerings, as the signature note pairing strikes me as downright odd. Its signature notes highlight the experience--sweetness from the pair, freshness and green aspects from the olive. I really get only a very simple experience out of this, and most of the notes I cannot detect. I'm just not sure the two main notes go together all that well.

Performance is decent but not especially strong for an extrait, certainly not comparable to Norne, Jeke, or Kiste, all of which are top performers.

Definitely an interesting try, but a bit too odd and not really one for me.

6 out of 10
29th August, 2016
Boozy sweet, at last a Slumberhouse that isn't screaming at me. I appreciate it but wouldn't say I like it. Nice dry-down.
17th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th May, 2016)
Pear & Olive is my second fragrance from Slumberhouse and I must say it is quite unique. At first spray I get the pear with the olive. As it dries down, the pear kind of hides a bit and the olive comes out full blast. Along with sweet, woody and boozy. I get a whiff now and then and I love it. As with all parfum extraits, do not over spray. One to three should be enough.
02nd October, 2015

Add your review of Pear + Olive

Shop for Pear + Olive products online

Search Amazon for Pear + Olive

Member images of Pear + Olive

There are no member images of Pear + Olive yet. Why not be the first?