Pear + Olive (2012)

Pear + Olive information

Year of Launch2012
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

About Pear + Olive

Pear + Olive is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012

Pear + Olive fragrance notes

Reviews of Pear + Olive

Pear & Olive is my second fragrance from Slumberhouse and I must say it is quite unique. At first spray I get the pear with the olive. As it dries down, the pear kind of hides a bit and the olive comes out full blast. Along with sweet, woody and boozy. I get a whiff now and then and I love it. As with all parfum extraits, do not over spray. One to three should be enough.
02nd October, 2015
This is definitely the scent of Slumberhouse less evocative!
This perfume is more elegant when worn by a man rather than a woman! A little '"nerd" perhaps by choice, would be the ideal scent for Clark Kent!

A fine example of modern perfumery which however leaves the more esoteric and mystical concept of the brand! Even the name differentiates it from the others, talking about two ingredients or better two effects!

It would appear that Josh was trying a new way, exploring the market and its potential.
The synthetic ingredients predominate, with a slight natural floral arrangement (chamomile?) that governs the flow of perfume while maintaining its sleek.

Good job, thought maybe for a very young target or for those looking for youth being close to andropause!

A rare bird is always rewarded, even though I would expect other whitefly as this one to understand better this new concept!

One day I will ask Josh about the idea of this fragrance!

by your amazing "interesting man in conflict"

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

23rd June, 2015
Pear + Olive is perhaps the fragrance I struggled the most to appreciate in the Slumberhouse's range but, eventually, it clicked. I've always found it a bit too sweet to my tastes and, admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of fruity notes in perfumery unless they're rendered in their green / unripe aspect as opposed to the edible and sweet counterpart. As a matter of fact though, after a visit of a friend who was wearing a massive amount of Pear + Olive, I got to appreciate its uniqueness and evocative power.

Yes, the opening is still a sweet and green combo of fruity stuff (pears in this case), a sparkling element probably related to some kind of aldehydes and something greasy / oily. The massoia (a woody-coconut kind of smell) breaks in pretty fast giving birth to an endless and pretty much addictive woody-vanillic dry down.

It sounds like a whatever juvenile *yummy-yummy* sweet fruity bomb but Josh Lobb's very peculiar quote turned this composition into something that goes beyond genres. There's a sense of restraint to Pear + Olive that while it's not very typical of the house, it definitely plays in the fragrance's favor which feels robust and dense while showing a kind of watercolor facet and some transparency. It's a nice play between opaque hues and transparent ones, between sweet and sour facets, between the angular and the rounded.

As a further note, I'd like to express again my full support and appreciation for Slumberhouse which is responsible for one of the most innovative range of fragrances in quite some time. Now, while the house delivered some fragrances I love, others I like only on a theoretical basis, and a couple I still can't warm up to, I strongly believe Josh Lobb is one of the best things happened to perfumery in quite some years and he's the living proof you don't necessarily need shallow marketing strategies and attention-whoring behaviors to break into the market. Finally someone who let his perfumes talk.
20th June, 2015
A surprise hit for me! But then again, I'm not sure why I am so surprised - after all, I love the juxtaposition of salt and sweet in foods (strong cheddar and apples, salted peanuts and chocolate, fresh white cow's cheese and honey...), and Pear & Olive is an almost classic balancing act between savory and sweet elements. Primarily, this is the play of sweet pear against a grassy olive oil, but there are also pleasing contrasts between the sweet hay-like smell of chamomile and the bright green calamus.

For me, though, the defining note of Pear & Olive is that of the Massoia bark. It lends a creamy coconut milk feel to the base, and a dry, nutty woodiness too. The slippery olive oil note, though, ensures that this is a savory type of creaminess. The texture of the scent reminds me of my favorite cleansing oil by Clarins which starts off on my skin as a thin oil and then, when drops of water are added, turns into an unctuous, opaque cream. Pear & Olive feels a bit like this to me - oily, fruity, and green-grassy at the start and turning slowly into a salty, thick cream towards the end. Either way, fans of thick, creamy scents should run to try this. I find it so pleasurable to wear.

17th February, 2015
Build it & they will come.
Blend it & they will spray (anything).

25th January, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A delightful pear opening with a mildly boozy touch makes a fine start. Later, in the drydown, a delightfully gentle chamomile develops with hints of olive - the latter being an ephemeral background note on my skin in spite of its prominent position in the name. Floral elements, especially geranium, are another feature at this stage. He base sees the arrival of creamy woodsy impression, with hints of sandal. In spite its creaminess is is quite restrained. Adequate sillage, decent projection and very good longevity of seven hours - for warm spring days.
13th August, 2014

Add your review of Pear + Olive

Shop for Pear + Olive products online

Search Amazon for Pear + Olive

Member images of Pear + Olive

There are no member images of Pear + Olive yet. Why not be the first?