Pear + Olive (2012)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Pear + Olive

Pear + Olive is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Pear + Olive fragrance notes

Reviews of Pear + Olive

Pear Schnapps. Warm, thick booze. Buttery. The chamomile is divine here. It turns almost savory, almost candy-like at the same time underneath. I'm having a hard time figuring out any other notes. I think I'm smelling a nutty, olive oil layer. There is a reminder of kumquat, of all things. Regardless of what notes are here, it settles into a boozy, buttery delight with a skosh of wood. Well made!
07th November, 2018
What a delightful and interesting creation! I bought a split with a little trepidation based on some reports that it's extremely sweet, smells like a cheap pear shampoo, etc.

Yes, the opening is quite sweet and it's fairly rich throughout, but I'm relieved to get quite a strong creamy/salty presence to offset it, and I don't find it cloying, though I'd hesitate to wear this in humid, hot weather. The savory aspect is most fascinating to me. The association for me is air-popped popcorn with a drizzle of olive oil and salt on it. So it's "buttery" but not in the nastily overbearing movie theater popcorn way. Textually (and yes, maybe this is the name guiding my nose), I can totally get on board with a reference to that plush, soft, velvet-buttery texture that you get with high end, mildly brined green olives, which are one of my favorite foods.

I'll note that I like P+O a LOT more when I get a waft of sillage, and that's when I get more of the savory/creamy/salty aspect. The sweetness really dominates when I sniff right off the wrist, so just be forewarned of that.

Really fun scent! Anyone who wants something creamy and/or savory and isn't opposed to a good helping of background sweetness should definitely check it out. It's a very "culinary" scent, and reminds me of the creativity on display when a talented chef inventively pairs ingredients to make an unexpectedly cohesive dish...takes guts and skill to pull that off.
14th September, 2018
My very least favorite from Slumberhouse. And that's saying something since I am not a fan of their thick, dense, heavy-footed, pedal to the metal house style. Here, however, it is the sweetness, rather than the density that does me in. I actually feel physically ill when smelling this combination of pear and fig(?) and coconut and cognac. It reminds me of a very cheap fruity shampoo I once bought by mistake. Where, oh, where is the olive?

Urrrrgh.
10th October, 2017
Wow...I finally tried Pear and Olive from Slumberhouse, and then find that it's been discontinued. I wouldn't care if I didn't LOVE IT!!!!! I want a bottle now and won't find one without being robbed in broad daylight. This is the buttery goodness I was looking for when I was sampling Mona di Orio's Vanille. While the MDO Vanille is nice, it has a sour sharpness during the wear that Pear and Olive doesn't have. This Slumberhouse fragrance is brilliant, and I wish I had gotten a bottle when I had the chance. Sadness...

Thumbs way, way up for Pear and Olive...
14th March, 2017 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)
Floris van Dijck, Still life 1615-20
10th February, 2017
Slumberhouse Pear + Olive, now being discontinued, is probably the most unique of their current offerings, as the signature note pairing strikes me as downright odd. Its signature notes highlight the experience--sweetness from the pair, freshness and green aspects from the olive. I really get only a very simple experience out of this, and most of the notes I cannot detect. I'm just not sure the two main notes go together all that well.

Performance is decent but not especially strong for an extrait, certainly not comparable to Norne, Jeke, or Kiste, all of which are top performers.

Definitely an interesting try, but a bit too odd and not really one for me.

6 out of 10
29th August, 2016

Add your review of Pear + Olive

Shop for Pear + Olive products online

200hr SANDALWOOD & FRENCH PEARS Triple Scented Natural CANDLE Woody Fruits Gifts

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 4:48:22 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

200hr CEDAR WOOD & FRENCH PEARS Triple Scented Natural CANDLE Woody Fruits Gifts

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 4:49:26 PDT

200hr FRENCH PEARS & VANILLA OAK Triple Scented Natural CANDLE HOME FRAGRANCES

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 4:51:47 PDT

200hr FRESH CRISP PEARS & SANDALWOOD Triple Scented Natural CANDLE Earthy GIFTS

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 6:45:28 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vera Wang Embrace by Vera Wang Green Tea & Pear Blossom EDT Rollerball .33 oz Mi

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 6:45:46 PDT

STAR NATURE - PEAR FRAGRANCE EDT - 2.4 FL OZ - 70 ml - NEW

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 8:56:18 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $24.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

VICTORIA SECRET Silkening Body Splash ~ 6 PC Set ~ Love Spell ~ Pear Glace etc.

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 10:33:28 PDT

perfume JO MALONE ENGLISH PEAR & FREESIA FOR WOMEN 12 ml (0.40 FL.OZ) fragrance

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 13:23:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vtg Pears Personal Pleasures Relaxing Spray Cologne Very "Rare" 1 FL OZ 70% Full

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 14:23:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99

JO MALONE EAU DE COLOGNE SPRAY SAMPLES/TRAVEL VIALS X 2-CHOICE OF FRAGRANCE

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 14:53:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.00

Member images of Pear + Olive

There are no member images of Pear + Olive yet. Why not be the first?