Pear + Olive (2012)

Based on 34 ratings

Pear + Olive Fragrance notes

Pear, Cognac, Chamomile, Aglaia, Olive, Zdravets, Massoia bark, Calamus

Pear + Olive information

Pear + Olive is a unisex fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Pear + Olive

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

purplebird7's avatar

I think I object to the "olive" note in here. It's oily. I like the pear note, even though I'm not a fan of fruity fragrances. It's realistic, sweet, and candy-like. It's the olive that's bothering me. It's oily-rancid. It smells like a dishrag that has soured. It causes my stomach to roil. Okay, it's not overwhelming. I can handle it. There's so much of the pretty pear in here that I can block out the greasy odor. Surprisingly, I love olives and olive oil. I eat olive oil practically every day. I buy the best I can afford. That is why I can't call this an "olive" aroma. It's more like a fungus of some kind, sort of warm and dirty and growing. It's like when your clothes don't dry completely, but you have to wear them again. My apologies to those of you who find this delectable. Theoff-note spoiled note spoils it for me.

30th June, 2014

Jack Hunter's avatar

This opens with a Sweet syrupy pear accord with a underlying savory note. It's fresh and very realistic like you have just opened a tin of fruit.

This scent reminds me too much of shampoo and shower gels, I'm not liking this at all.

29 May, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

The opening is fairly overwhelming and cloying, all I get is a metallic, violent slap of aldehydes with a linear, metallic, frosty pear note. Pretty much it, eventually some vanilla emerges better, but overall, to my nose it's just a really unbearable aldehydated accord, pungent and vibrant – not in a good way. I don't get most of the notes which are supposed to be here. The concept is interesting (a metallic, linear, "destructured" fruity scent), but the result of this formulation goes just "too far" for me. I simply can't smell it without feeling dizzy. I won't say a "no", just a "question mark".

?/10

19 May, 2014

tdwctdwc's avatar

Pear & olive does the same exact thing that Norne does to me: It connects me to a familiar place in real life.

While Norne reminds me of a mid-forest river where i used to swim in my teenage years, Pear & olive takes me to the family gatherings in the garden outside on a beautiful late spring afternoon.

Everyone finished lunch and now it's time for desserts, maybe some cognac, some fruits. Maybe some white grapes? "How about pears everyone?" Yes please, i'll take one ! Dad and uncles are playing cards next to us, cousin got a new story to tell, sister is yapping on how the weather is finally warm to hit the beach, while the smell of mediterranean olive oil is still lingering around from the Labneh(Yogurt)appetizers that were on the table during lunch.

This scent is home to me. It's familiar, it's soothing yet so beautifully unique and engaging.

07 May, 2014

Danbar99's avatar

Smells like a high quality Poire Williams liquer, but softer and creamier, and without the abrasiveness that the drinks high alcohol content provides. Delightful. For me it seems most at home on a spring day after a rain, but I like breaking it out year round to be honest.

15 January, 2014

lpp's avatar

England England

Starts out like a winey windfall pear, a touch of chamomile, moving on to memories of plump, juicy green olives, then creamy with massoia.
    This would be lovely in summer - on an unusually warm January day it's rather good fun too!

13 January, 2014