Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée (2012)
by Acqua di Parma

Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée information

Year of Launch2012

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée

Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée is a masculine fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2012

Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée fragrance notes

Reviews of Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée

Citrus and oud, then white musk and oud. This is a complex fragrance that is hard to describe. Definately a 'safe' oud, as opposed to the more daring Montale Ouds. I think what people perceive as clean/soap is white musk.
03rd June, 2017
It doesn't smell like real oud, but it's one of my most admired fragrances (by others), so I'll give it a thumbs up.

20th March, 2017
Nice opening on Colonia Oud, wife even complimented me on it, but the drydown gets kinda sour on me. The drydown reminds me of Tommy Bahama Him, but much less sweet, thank goodness. They do share a coriander note, but that doesn't seem like the culprit.
15th November, 2016
This is an attractive, accessible oud scent. All of the intrigue and mysterious exoticism, with no challenging notes. A leather-spice chord mingles with oud and is framed by a old wood foundation. The impression is of an old spice trunk which has sailed the world on a clipper ship. Rich but not sweet. Warming.
08th November, 2016
A rather Western take on oud, with the eponymous ingredient the lead among an emsemble rather than standing alone. Having said that, the oud is present at all stages of development, as you might expect, thus rendering note pyramids and models of development rather moot. The overall impression is one of an attempt at polished sophistication rather than whatever it is that single-note ouds attempt to communicate.

Don't get me wrong, I like the smell of oud and I like the "concept" - I just have not yet found an oud scent that I would want on me for any length of time. Something like AdPCO gets as close as anything has done to achieving a workable compromise. It achieves this by bolting - somehow - the bitter and overpowering woody oud notes to a sharper cologne opening, and a leathery base. It's hard to imagine how this could possibly work, but it's a lot better than it sounds.

It opens with citrus and oud. The latter is an omnipresent as is Blanche Dubois in A Streetcar named Desire. Oud alone comprises the heart, while it is accompanied by leather in the drydown. The latter alone makes this a noteworthy scent, given the premise, as noted by Turin in The Guide, that oud and leather together make a lot of sense. A bit like we thought Pacino and De Niro should act together. (Then they did "Heat" - I know.)

That being said, I'm not in the market for this just yet. It's just not exciting. AdPCO ticks a lot of boxes, but flicks rather few switches. I can recommend it as a palatable take on oud, but that almost defeats the purpose. An interesting achievement, but not something I can love right now.
15th October, 2016
This is the most interesting oud fragrance I've ever smelled. It is very unique and lasts (no joke) 24 hours. It's quite expensive, but I got my 3.4 oz bottle for 170. There is no way I'd pay retail for this.
02nd July, 2016

Add your review of Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée

Shop for Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée products online

Search Amazon for Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée