Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée (2012)
    by Acqua di Parma

Average Rating: 4

Based on 31 ratings

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée Fragrance Notes

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée information

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée is a men's fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Aqua di Parma - Oud
    Funny how Oud never can seems to get its engine started, while on the other hand it manages to smell like a overheated car-engine...
    Its opening is a mix of bitter-sour, paprika-green oily-like stuff, that not at any time reaches a level of attractiveness - it smells like cistus with warm rubber-plastic-metal edges to it. After that it gets slightly better with a more dry resinous-woody note, assisted by a sweet-like orange note of maybe neroli/orangeblossom, and bitter almonds that gives it a more rounder feel - but still not attractive. There is a red strawberry/raspberry note that doesn’t dress up the oud in a haut-couture kind of way, more like slutty (like a whore that applies too much, too red-colored lipstick) - before the salty and slight musty, tarry character of it comes through in a powdery and anisic-soapy fashion; still too bitter-sourish, in a unattractive kind of way. I guess, handling oud requires a focused and clever look at its partnering with other basenotes, to make it work as a whole - instead of dressing it up with fancy top- en middle-notes. In the end, Oud settles down in a nice, amyris/oudish-way with a 'fleshy'-leather touch, but you wonder why you have to go through some much noise, before hearing that clear note. I rather like smelling pure oud then Oud.

19 May, 2014

OdilonRedon's avatar

Citrus-cedar thunderclap for the first couple of minutes. Then the oud sweeps in: an extremely dry, woody and - my nose isn't incredible - synthetic oud that is surprisingly satisfying. Sharp but heavy, linear, cedar-y woods prevail at bruisinly high intensity for a good few hours. Five or six hours later, the amyris appears and things begin to soften and slip back into a citrus-incense drydown.

I found myself comparing this to Oud Wood, which is more medicinal - old-fashioned cough linctus as opposed to the more commonly encountered band-aids - and has less of the cedar note (and no citrus). Surprisingly I find I like the AdP better, though compared to the clever TF, this is a brute. It's like being pummelled by a huge Turkish masseur: not completely enjoyable but extremely efficient and you come out of the experience feeling, on balance, the better for it, hence a tentative, and bruised, thumbs-up.

12 April, 2014

rbaker's avatar

The combination of citrus and oud is an interesting on one and quite original. The oud is here, however, not the usual earthy agarwood note, it is pretty good but thinner and probably meant not to overwhelm the citrus; unfortunately that gives it less depth and richness. Additionally, for most of the drydown the coriander is too predominant and the blending is not very smoothly and harmoniously done such as to give the oud a better role. All this is not really a big problem, but there is little development on my skin; silage and projection are quite good though, and the longevity is very good at over seven hours. Clearly an oud cologne combines notes that are quite contradictory - bright citrus with darker oud wood, and that is difficult to pull off. Compared to those masterpieces that did achieve this marriage of contradictions - see Creed's unrivalled citrus-leather dyad in Cuir de Russie - this really is a half-cooked dish. One point for trying though.

21st March, 2014

Not what I was expecting at all. I envisioned this as Colonia Intensa with oud added, but that is not what I’ve found. In the first place I get no citruses – but I seldom get citrus in the presence of strong wood notes, so I’m not saying there are no citruses. What I get throughout the whole fragrance is a strong aromatic effect in the form of oud and coriander; unfortunately the coriander seems to dominate over the oud to the point when I’m thinking “cilantro”… which is wonderful in salsas but I don’t want to smell like… squashed bugs, some people say. If the accord was stronger with oud, I would love it, but there is enough coriander here that I know I’ll never get the squashed bugs thought out of my mind.

Before testing Colonia Intensa Oud, I had been apprehensive about the listed leather note; I do smell the leather and it comes across as a smooth, rich undertone to the aromatic accord, but this particular leather is not at all bothersome to me.

I can well understand why many love this fragrance: It is interesting – rather unique, well-constructed, has excellent-quality materials, and has good longevity. I find it linear, but that is apparently my fault and I would love its linearity if I loved its aroma. But I don’t.

01st March, 2014

ScentFan's avatar

I bought this today for my other half, but will grieve when I part with it. To my still new nose, this is a simply magnificent fragrance! I bought six other great perfumes today, but none equaled this. If there are fragrances significantly better, I don't know how I'll respond when I smell them. Faint dead away in public, I imagine.

04 December, 2013

Eugene Tooms's avatar

Starts well, ends badly

Well...I'm a fan of oud and niche fragrances, so I took the plunge and bought a bottle of this when I found it cheap (well, relatively - I paid £95 and this stuff has an RRP of £170 here in the UK) bottle locally in a department store. A colleague wears Colonia Intensa Oud and I'd tried it before I bought it.

The initial blast is terrific - a kind of winding citrussy thing with dark woody notes underneath. After an hour the oud began to blossom...complex, rich, earthy and heady. I was really enjoying it. But - oh my - after 90 minutes it began to turn on me, and I was left with a powdery, dirty stink. It's hard to describe what it was like but it was a filthy monotone, like some kind of aging excrement. None of my other oud fragrances do this. Oh boy, was I disappointed - I spent £95 on this? It's awful! So bad it gave me a headache. Even after showering five hours later it was still on me. I'd put some on my forearm and even after scrubbing with some black pepper handwash I could still smell it. Obviously my skin chemistry has done something crazy to this.

Anyway, the packaging and presentation of Aqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud is terrific; the bottle design is great and the box is satin-lined. So that's a point in its favour.

I'd advise going VERY carefully with this one. DEFINITELY get a sample and try it on yourself for a day or two first. It could be great on you, but for me it's horrendous, and I will be selling mine pronto.

Pros: Extreme longevity
    Cons: Turns truly disgusting on me"

18 September, 2013

(Shipping from France)
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Men 6 oz Eau de Cologne Concentree Spray
    • Time Left: 11 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Acqua Di Parma COLONIA INTENSA OUD EDC Cologne CONCENTREE SPR 100ml 3.4oz NO BOX
    • Time Left: 27 days
    ACQUA DI PARMA COLONIA INTENSA EDC OUD CONCENTREE 1.5ml *sample size spray* NEW
    • Time Left: 21 days
    (Shipping from Italy)
    Acqua Di Parma COLONIA INTENSA OUD EDC Cologne CONCENTREE SPRAY 180ml 6oz NO BOX
    • Time Left: 27 days