Mon Patchouly

Mon Patchouly information

HouseRamon Monegal
PerfumerRamon Monegal

About Mon Patchouly

Mon Patchouly is a shared / unisex perfume by Ramon Monegal. The fragrance was created by perfumer Ramon Monegal

Reviews of Mon Patchouly

Essentially a nice patchouli perfume with a slug of those incredibly basic men's designer "grape drink" topnotes on top. Calling it jasmine is generous and potentially misleading: this is a patchouli designed to appeal to fans of mass market men's scents.

That being said, it works. I was REALLY ready to pan this, but somehow the blending is just perfect, and the fruity topnotes combine with the dry, grassy, herbal patchouli in a way that creates a comforting familiarity while also amplifying its complicated undertones. The whole thing dries down to a jammy, musky chocolate that I enjoyed way more than expected.

I usually hate expensive scents that use familiar designer topnotes to dumb themselves down, but this is a rare win - thumbs up!
02nd August, 2016
I have to agree with others, Lot of Jasmine, not much Patchouli. There is a sharpness here, but where is the Pathouli?
17th May, 2016
Cloying opening, a slap of aldehydes and powdery jasmin notes, with a dense, metallic, milky feel and a balsamic touch (that kind of plastic, ozonic balsamic mood as in Fahrenheit 32). I do not get the patchouli at all, a get a tiny bit of oak moss – clean, plain, synthetic - on jasmin, which is perhaps the most prominent note. After a while the metallic fades and evolves into a more soapy note, still cloying but at least a bit more powdery and tolerable. Overall it's fairly poor, unpleasant and confused, with an everlasting persistence and an uselessly misleading name.

14th April, 2014 (last edited: 19th April, 2014)
I was so full of expectation for this fragrance after having read the positive reviews of eminent Basenoters, I was sure I would have enjoyed it at first sniff. Smooth jasmine and patchouli, what’s there not to love?!
I was very disappointed discovering that Mr Monegal’s Patchouly was turning out to be… the richer, heavier sister of L’Artisan Parfumeur Fleur De Liane!
White flowers high on lactones on an almost imperceptible patchouli, jarring with an insistent metallic, (sour) milky note that lasts forever and to which I must be hypersensitive as it prevents me to perceive much else. The development is negligible and, where the olfactory sagacity and irony typical of Bertrand Duchaufour compositions save FdL from being fastidious, the linearity and gravity of this fragrance condemn it to be a real scrubber for me!
11th March, 2013
Do not be misled by the name for this is not about patchouli as it is about a perfectly unisex floral, the blending so immaculate it's hard to tell where the jasmine ends and patchouli begins. Call it 'jasminouli' or 'patchmine' or whatever, it smells really nice. Unfortunately the linearity of it all gets old fast and reminds me somewhat of elevator music. It tunes me out.
09th March, 2013
A very sophisticated scent, I like the amber but I keep smelling powder. The jasmine adds a nice contrast. I don't get patchouli much...it's fleeting.
02nd March, 2013

Add your review of Mon Patchouly

Shop for Mon Patchouly products online

Shop for Mon Patchouly at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mon Patchouly

Member images of Mon Patchouly

There are no member images of Mon Patchouly yet. Why not be the first?