Agar Musk

Agar Musk information

HouseRamon Monegal
PackagingRamon Monegal

About Agar Musk

Agar Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Ramon Monegal. The bottle was designed by Ramon Monegal

Reviews of Agar Musk

I am inexperienced with many oud scents. I've only sample a small handful and while I'm not an expert by any means, Agar Musk seems very nice. On my skin this is mostly a linear scent of oud, nutmeg and pepper. It's very wearable and not overbearing in any way. On paper, I can detect the amber and musk after a few hours of development but never quite got this on my skin so far as I could tell.

As I smelled this over and over I knew I had smelled something similar before but could not put my finger on it. At times this smelled faintly reminiscent of Vix Vapo Rub, but not in a way that detracts from the fragrance. But perhaps this is just me.

I'm not aware of any big downsides to this. It's perhaps a bit short on longevity, but I wasn't able to really sample this enough to say for sure.
15th September, 2014
The name quite reflects the scent at the first sniff, as Agar Musk opens in fact with an oud note on musks, cinnamon, pepper, something floral, a resinous base. Not that different from dozens of other oud scents, apart from the slightly more complex frame of spicy-sweet flavours which embrace the dark dryness of oud. I also smell vetiver and a subtle amber accord. As minutes pass the vetiver note seems to get more prominent, so it all tends towards a softer woody scent, still peppery and spicy (nutmeg also). Basically a light, warm, gentle woody-oud scent with spices. In my opinion a bit light, flabby and short-lived.

21st July, 2014
This is a high quality and extremely well balanced woody spicy fragrance. I don't see anything oriental here!
The opening is strong yet mild peppery sandalwood with some frankincense and oud in the background and well amount of musk.
The sandalwood does not listed as the note but I can smell it and there is a strong dose of nutmeg right beside it that give the scent a peppery aroma, something like black pepper.
The oud note here is very smooth and lighter against sandalwood (at the start only!) and it has an oily feeling (not too much)
The scent is always like a cold breeze and there is no warm and sweet feeling in it to make it oriental.
The musk note is detectable but it's not very strong. it's just there more as a supporting note.
In the mid the scent is almost the same, except now I can smell more oud and less sandalwood with that peppery feeling and some musk.
Projection is crap and always close to the skin and longevity is around 3-4 hours on my skin.
A great and quality fragrance but it's something that I've smelled before and unfortunately projection and longevity is very bad.
06th June, 2014
demcav Show all reviews
Like the opening...

I like the unusually sharp, slightly astringent woodiness in opening of this fragrance. But after about an hour my nose perceives it as a linear turpentine, becoming tiresome and headache inducing for the next 8 - 10 hours.

Pros: good longevity
Cons: too linear"

04th August, 2013
Authentic oud and a black forest

Finally, an authentic-smelling oud fragrance! This is not the screeching, synthetic chemical oud typical of a Montale. No--this is deep, round, and dark-dark-dark.
I find myself returning to the point of application to get a noseful every few minutes. Will it last? How well does it project? Not sure. But is a marvelous scent.
Note to potential buyers--if you're looking for a musky-heavy fragrance, this probably isn't your best bet. I get plenty of woody vetiver, spice, and of course agarwood (oud). Maybe even some amber lurking in the background. But no musk.

Pros: One of the most natural smelling oud's I've found
Cons: Not convinced yet on longevity"

23rd July, 2013
A good fragrance with a lot of personality, basically centered over an almost aqueous (somehow transparent, at least at the beginning) agarwood/vetiver accord with hints of dustiness (may be a touch of incense and probably ambergris) and a musky final just adumbrated smoothness. The concoction which mostly conjures me this olfactory work is Wonderwood CdG, with its easily approachable watery woodiness but also Encre Noir comes to mind and in my opinion the vetiver is a really notable and standout presence in here. The initial combination between liquid agarwood, leather and sweet spices reports me ostensibly in a while on the mind a sort of blackberries aroma which in a while morphs towards its real woody/vetiver connotation. Also Dark Aoud Montale comes to mind, especially after the first blast but the latter is far more stark, dry and dusty/occult with its less approachable and far less sweet status. The dry down becomes surprisingly less aqueous, less vetiver centered, more woody, more mysteriously fruity and vaguely more soft (as well as some balsams were soothing the accords) with a finally more pronounced spicy sweetness (a sweet/spicy woodiness). A more than decent experiment which does not frankly embodies my cup of tea but that is worthy a try for the lovers of these masculine properly woody fragrances.
21st February, 2013 (last edited: 28th May, 2014)

Add your review of Agar Musk

Shop for Agar Musk products online

Member images of Agar Musk

There are no member images of Agar Musk yet. Why not be the first?