Encounter (2012)

50ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Encounter

Showing 1 to 6 of 27 reviews.

RuffDawg's avatar

Fresh, light, clean, boring, not at all worth the $80 pricetag.

19 March, 2014

rbaker's avatar

A nice mandarine-citrus opening that exudes freshness. Cardamom and a rum note lead to a drydown where a peppery patchouli leads into a woody base. Very synthetic and unexciting overall, but not without being pleasant. Limited and projection, but the longevity of four hours is not too bad. All right for spring.

30th December, 2013

MrMookie's avatar

Rum, Cognac on a Agarwood plate

Its the decade of oud/ agarwood for sure, oud abosolut, immortel oud ,extreme oud , pure oud....sounded like a Bykilian clone on paper

Anyway its a nice soft blend of Rum,Cognac and a tiny spritz of Oud.

After an half hour the scent is totally settled as a skin scent.

Not my cup of tea a bit too much of everything.

Pros: Easy on the nose
    Cons: Sillage & Longevity are too, mediocre and will not last"

25 August, 2013

fresh2death's avatar

the perfect fall/winter scent

I have been looking for the perfect fall/winter scent forever. I have many great ones, but I wanted something spicy, woodsy, masculine, warm with some sweetness. I was in Macys the other day trying some of the new offerings, when out of simple curiosity I tried on ck encounter. I have not like a new ck cologne in years, save for certain ck one summer offerings. I had remembered a write up describing this as woodsy, so, with not much of in the way of expectations, I sprayed some on my wrist.

What I smelled shocked me. It was all there rolled up into one, everything I wanted. Spice, rum, woodsy (a bit of pine), sweetness in moderation, musk. The saleswoman looked at me surprised that I loved it, clearly encounter was relegated in the background while made to measure, eros, one million intense hogged all of the attention, and sales pitches. I walked through the mall to see how it progressed, how it dried down, and I was back to make a no-brainer purchase without one morsel of buyers remorse and "do you really need another bottle?" rattling around in my head.

This reminds me some of Claiborne spark, a refined, toned down, mature version of spark. I loved everything spark tried to be, but found it to be too much, too synthetic. Not so with encounter, while I do recognize that this is synthetic, it really does not matter because everything is so well blended together in harmony, all the notes play together to make a wonderful symphony. This is so versatile because it projects strongly in the beginning, but then mellows to a near skin scent leaving you feeling like you just walked through the woods on a brisk fall day.

It is autumn, the air is brisk, the sun is beginning to set as you walk through the woods. The breeze is cool and constant, bending the trees while the leaves on the forest floor dance around you in a stunning dress of oranges, reds, and yellows. You can see your breath, cheeks are rosy and a bit numb, but that is exactly why you went for this walk. To take in the very essence of fall, to clear your mind, your lungs, and to gather some kindling and wood for the fire at home. Once home, the roaring fire is fed, a bourbon in hand while you warm yourself. , the smell of potpourri, a freshly baked apple pie fill your nostrils, along with the bourbon that you slowly drink in.....This is what this scent encapsulates from start to finish for me, my absolute favorite time of the year.

I must say, I see all of the negative reviews here, and I have to ask...why? I get it if this is not your thing, it doesn't work with your chemistry, but I sense something more here, perhaps a bit of cologne snobbery perhaps??? I do not own a tom ford, or a creed cologne, nor do I see myself doing so. Green Irish tweed may wind up being the exception to the rule one day. I do have over 100 colognes, some cheap, some expensive, I cannot describe every note I smell, but I still feel comfortable calling myself a colognessiur (I think I might patent that word). I honestly think this cologne gets ridiculed like it does because one, ck has been putting out some real crap in the past decade or so, and two, the price point is far beneath some of the people on this site. If creed attached their name to this, there would be a 55 person thread signing encounters praises...The price point is what hammers my point home even further...here you have a versatile, masculine, well-balanced, age-neutral fragrance that can be had for under 80 bucks including the body spray, even less if you shop online. I wear what I like, whether it be cheap or expensive, because its not the price tag or the house that makes the cologne niche or unique, its me, my body chemistry, my preferences that make every cologne I own a personal, me only experience. I wish more cologne collectors understood this, because this site and others are full of people name dropping in an effort to impress or show total strangers how exquisite their tastes and noses are.
    Again I know this is synthetic, but I ask you, do you realize how many colognes try to pull this off, but fail, or fall short just a bit? Burberry London?..i own it, its wonderful, but unless it is very cold, it can easily be too overbearing, until it disappears of course, two hours later. One million? I own it, a wonderful scent that I adore, but super duper sweet with the focus on the blood orange note. Pure malt, pure havane, A men, taste of fragrance, pure leather? I own them all, and I love them all, but each one is very sweet, and lacking the woodsy notes necessary to make them the perfect fall scent (malt comes close, but the wood and scotch note are not strong enough to rein in the A men base). I could go on and on, but suffice to say this already is in my top 5, and this will always be in my collection. Go to your nearest department store and try this with a clear mind, no prejudices, no expectations, and you may just encounter a fragrance that you will fall in love with

Pros: wonderful combination of rum, woods, spice
    Cons: longevitty could be a bit better"

19 August, 2013

FranktheTank's avatar

Great scent, poor performance

This fragrance has an awesome smell, too bad its ruined by its terrible projection and longevity. If they fixed that, this would be a great fragrance IMO.

Pros: Great scent, awesome dry down.
    Cons: Poor projection and longevity

13 June, 2013

vawallpa's avatar

A nice fresh, slightly peppery summer scent with poor projection and average longevity, nothing groundbreaking here but it is pleasant.

08 April, 2013

• Time Left: 27 days
    ENCOUNTER * Calvin Klein * CK Cologne for Men * 3.3 / 3.4 oz * EDT * NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 15 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    2 Piece Lot x Calvin Klein Encounter Body Spray Men 5.4 Oz /152 g New,Never Used
    • Time Left: 26 days