Oak (2010)

Oak information

Year of Launch2010

HouseBath and Body Works

About Oak

Oak is a masculine fragrance by Bath and Body Works. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Oak

Tony T Show all reviews
cheap leather

I knew I smelled an ium. geranium or something. not at all similar to obsession. very masculine and dark. great if you are into that sorta frag. lasts a good while also. I like it and will enjoy it sparingly,very sparingly..

Pros: great leather scent
Cons: leather is not my cup of tea

20th June, 2013
Let me start off by saying that everyone is correct that oak smells like Calvin Klein's obsession but only in the dry down. I was never a fan of obsession because it never let up. It was too much for me. I always like the dry down of obsession so when I first tried oak and realized it's dry down was the same to obsession I picked up a bottle. I am so glad I have this in my collection. The top notes are so well blended like a blanket of woods and citrus. The middle notes change just a tad but not to drastic. Then the base oh the base you get that obsession feel and it's done right. I love oak because i feel they took all the stuff I don't like about obsession and made it modern. The longevity is excellent. I sprayed some on at 7:30 am and got a compliment on it at 4:00 pm so I know the projection is good. If you are a fan of obsession try it but hurry because I think bath and body wrks on the process of discontinuing it.
10th March, 2013
I got this on a recent trip to Oklahoma, where it was 75% off regular price. I thought at that price (just over $7) it is worth buying blind. I am not sure what oak is supposed to smell like, but here are my impressions of the fragrance: It does not strike me as particularly woody, or at least it is not as overtly woody as the name might suggest. The fragrance starts off with an interesting synthetic sweet/sour accord which is not altogether unpleasant, but does not make me imagine oak trees brimming with acorns. No particular notes stand out. Citrus, green notes and sweetness really predominate to my nose at the start. As it progresses, there is an overall sweet, spicy vibe to this rather short-lived fragrance, which is nice enough, but I can hardly imagine this knocking anybody's socks off. The bottle, which kinda makes it look like a Comme d' Garçon fragrance, is the best thing about this. Even so, I give it a thumbs up as it is cheap enough, not unpleasant and not unbalanced.
16th January, 2013 (last edited: 14th February, 2013)

Add your review of Oak

Shop for Oak products online

Search Amazon for Oak

Member images of Oak

There are no member images of Oak yet. Why not be the first?