Mito Eau de Parfum (2012)
by Vero Profumo

Mito Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2012

HouseVero Profumo
PerfumerVero Kern

About Mito Eau de Parfum

Mito Eau de Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Vero Profumo. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Vero Kern

Reviews of Mito Eau de Parfum

I relearned a fact with Mito, that fragrances are influenced by their environment - the temperature, humidity and skin. And some fragrances more than others. Mito brought this back to me.
I tried it in a winter house, which has low humidity (dry air). My skin is dryer and cooler. The florals in Mito opened full-blast along with the green notes, totally front and center, making the green their backdrop on stage. The florals were lovely but strong. I wanted more of the green others talked about. I wondered if it wasn’t blooming as fully as it could, so I tried it on later after a shower, in warm moist air, on warm moist skin. It really blossomed and the greens came out in wonderful play with the florals, scintillating and engaging. In the opening there’s blended citrus in the flowers, sort of summer bright, lighthearted with the leaf and galbanum.
I tend to like abstract florals, which aren’t one note or another and Mito is that, an excellent blended casual loveliness. The floral intensifies in the heart note, and is sweet and bewitching. It gathers some 70’s ethos, those perfumes with their pretty sweet florals overlying pretty sweet ambers. And that indefineable casualness that made 70’s fragrances so approachable and wearable. Yet it isn’t dated. It feels slightly ambered to me, but isn’t.
The drydown keeps that casual floral air really well. You know how many modern, lesser fragrances disappoint so much in the drydown. Mito has a very satisfying, long lasting, sweet casual floral drydown, which makes it such a solid fragrance. This is a nice, approachable, easy to like fragrance.
03rd March, 2019
Kotori Show all reviews
Mito EDP opens with a lush Sicilian lemon, so juicy that you know with an ache that it will not last. And sure enough, in a few minutes, we have a pithy, mealy, squeezed out bit of lemon from the edge of the saucer. Here there begins an earthiness that is like the garden freshly turned, but you are not the gardener and are catching its scent from a distance. You are a passerby on a walk on a sunny day after a rain in a clay-laden place. Shortly you walk through an herb patch and accidentally crush some of it. Perhaps a bit of rosemary or thyme, too late in the orchestration to balance the lemon as in an eau de cologne. Soon as you resume your walk, there is the odor of something vaguely floral on the breeze, combining with a mineralic odor of rocky clay soil and a stronger tinge of herbs and greens. As you continue your stroll, you identify the floral odor: a Magnolia tree nearby has begun to bloom. You press your face into one of the lower blossoms, catching a whiff of its spicy pollen and waxy petals. The dusty trunk mixes in and there is still the herbal glossy greenness of the substantial leaves.

Mito is not a purely floral magnolia: it's magnolia as it smells not in a bowl of water, but still on a tree-- the dirt, the pollen, the leaves. It's a magnolia set in a well-maintained garden, verdant and stately. It isn't exactly the magnolia I know here in TN: it's spicier. It's a magnolia grown in a hotter, drier soil, so that it is less musty and more spicy than they can be here.

The drydown is spicy in the way of pollen and various tree barks, with the faint creamy waxiness of magnolia petals.

Taken as a whole, this work is so much richer than I thought a green perfume could be. A distinctive work, yet totally wearable.
06th February, 2019
Octavian Coifan is right: perfumery is an art and all one has to do to completely understand that is to experience any one of Vero Kern's compositions. I'm finally experiencing MITO for the first time after ordering a sample of the extrait from Lucky Scent and now she's created a new scent called "Rozy" (sigh).

I found myself sniffing my wrist over and over again this morning before I could even write this. It has been that way for me with each scent Vero creates. I won't even launch into notes in MITO as everyone else has pretty much articulated that in their impressions of the composition. And while many have compared it to Chanel's Cristalle ( I can see that, kind of), what I'm getting is the same deeply haunting beauty that brings Le Parfum de Therese to mind as to my nose, MITO has that melancholy slightly decayed melon/flowers thing going on and I love it. Currently, I'm reading a book that's a series of vignettes by the writer Andrei Codrescu called "New Orleans Mon Amour", all done in the 20 years he lived in New Orleans (My favorite city in the U.S.). One of my favorite passages from the book:

"A scent of strawberries, verbena and warm chicken feathers lingers throughout the port. In the early afternoon on your very own balcony hugged by the generous magnolia, Tony Green's Gypsy Trio sets up to play. Tony gives the world just what you've been too lazy to provide: rhythm, shape, energy, melancholy and longing."

This is what all of Vero's compositions do for me as they have the ability to evoke a strange state of reverie and moments of longing that leave me melancholy in my inability to put my finger on just what exactly it is that I'm longing for. But I'm okay with that because this is when I feel the most alive.

Even though Onda is still my favorite, I will wear MITO the next time I visit New Orleans. Vero Kern continues to amaze me.

NOTE: This review was actually for the EXTRAIT and I posted it under the wrong concentration.
12th June, 2014 (last edited: 21st October, 2014)
Beautiful green fresh floral scent. Not much else to say, it is a classic flower blast for floral scents' lovers. Otherwise, even if it is top-quality and perfectly made, it may sound boring, as it does not shout and has not a complex structure or a complex "narration" around it. Perfect on a man too. From one of the very few remaining real "artisans" in contemporary perfumery.

28th February, 2014 (last edited: 12th April, 2014)
Lush decadence

I was in Rome, a few weeks ago. The particular combination of dramatic beauty and sumptuous decadence that this city offers to its visitors was highlighted by the smell of blooming flowers in the air- jasmines, pittosporums, black locust trees, but mostly lemon and orange blossoms. I had with me a sample of Mito and no other perfume could match better that atmosphere.The fragrance is indeed inspired by the garden of Villa D'Este in Tivoli, a town near Rome...

The opening is prominently green with lemon and galbanum, soon to unveil a heart of lush, luminous white flowers- lemon flowers, jasmine and magnolia. Then, as always with Vero Kern's fragrances, a sense of ripeness almost digressing in decay settles in, rendering the fragrance more shadowy, cool, moist and earthy. The lasting power is great, even with temperatures rising above 30 degrees.

17th May, 2013
this is such an original take on citrus notes, and a proof that a perfume can have dimension and airiness without drowning in synthetic voluminizers, be clean and complex at the same time!

it makes up for a perfect summer scent, that lemon peel , mixed with lightly sweetened juice, a little bit of mint, a lot of greenery...and flowers....all mixed so you want to drink it:) like a refreshing summer coctail....

it has projection and longevity needed, is much more complex then lavender Kika,and has better performance as a perfume

reminds me of L eau Chic in that fresh sweetnes and sparkly performance
15th March, 2013

Add your review of Mito Eau de Parfum

Shop for Mito Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Mito Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Member images of Mito Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Mito Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?