New York for Gentlemen (2008)
by Brooks Brothers

New York for Gentlemen information

Year of Launch2008

HouseBrooks Brothers
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About New York for Gentlemen

New York for Gentlemen is a masculine fragrance by Brooks Brothers. The scent was launched in 2008

New York for Gentlemen fragrance notes

Reviews of New York for Gentlemen

New York for Gentlemen is an aromatic citrus fragrance, firmly conceived in the classical style. The initial opening is mostly a burst of bergamot; thereafter it moves towards a green aromatic heart and base with mostly vetiver and light mossy woods. It bears a modern touch by significantly toning down the woods, and without having any rough edge. While it is quite generic among traditional classic citrus fragrances, it is also fairly well executed. Reminiscent of Eau Sauvage and sometimes Grey Vetiver, it is smooth, rounded and exhibits rather discreet sillage and average tenacity on skin.

New York for Gentlemen would perhaps not top any list of recommendations, but it is certainly commendable, and presents a good proposition for anyone after a classic aromatic citrus; it is worth seeking out if one is particularly into the style. New York or not, it is certainly gentlemanly.

I am not sure why Brooks Brothers pulled New York for Gentlemen out of the market - I believe it has been discontinued. It surely has become harder to find, and prices appear to have increased threefold. One can approach the venerable Eau Sauvage for a superior replacement, or something from the Acqua di Parma line if potency is a concern.

11th December, 2017
A classic scent for a mature gentleman IMO. Safe for the office for sure. It's neutral due to it is a tad underwhelming for me and not very original. I don't find anything wrong with the scent it's not a scent I would grab for day in and day out.
02nd June, 2016
When I first applied New York for Gentlemen I was amazed to see how wonderful it smelled. I smell the bergamot, vetiver and it settles down to a musky dry down. It is definitely refined and masculine, quiet and not over powering. The longevity and silage are average. I love it, it is perfect for the office.
19th September, 2014
This is a refined, well-blended, spicy/woody fragrance which is really a pleasure to wear. Distinguished, classy, and not likely to offend anyone. Nice bottle. Inexpensive. Thrilling, groundbreaking? No. But simply beautiful.
22nd February, 2014
Classy, Refined, and Underrated...

Brooks Brothers' Gentlemen was a total blind buy for me... One that worked out well and I am pleasantly surprised...

Gentlemen is a gentle citrus fragrance that settles into a smooth musky fragrance that is very nice. The fragrance fits the company - classy and distinguished. I have worn this cologne once and received no compliments, however, I am confident that with time and frequency, compliments are out there to be had. (haha - for those who know me - I have never been short on confidence..!!)

While the projection, sillage, and longevity are only above average, this may be appealing to some - those who want a pleasant fragrance (ok - I will say great fragrance) that is subtle and easy on the nose. It settles close to the skin, but I will add (yes, I do wear the shirt and tie daily) I spray my daily fragrance on my undershirt - and I do catch a glimpse of this fragrance throughout the day. Additionally, Gentlemen offers great flexibility due to its "classic" makeup that can be worn anytime of year and for any event. The bottle and packaging are done first class. I will admit that I own the small bottle and that it can be a little cumbersome spraying, but only minor deductions there. At the going rate of mid-$20s for a large bottle, the price/value is above average.

My final tally for Gentlemen is 4 stars out of 5. This scent is very pleasant without being overwhelming - definitely will not offend those in close proximity in the workplace..!! For the price/value and the classic nature of the fragrance, I definitely recommend adding to your collection. Make a decision today - will you spend your time or will you invest your time...???
11th May, 2013
Swanky Show all reviews
It's nice to see a contemporary fragrance that isn't anti-history. New York Gentlemen looks back to classic citrus-centric offerings such as Dunhill and Eau Sauvage but is more discreet than either, making this a safe, solid choice for school or work where proximity merits subtlety. The bottle is nice and classic looking and the fragrance equally so, if not quite a great one due to the relative formula budget yet it smells better and lasts longer than many pricier rivals.
22nd February, 2013

Add your review of New York for Gentlemen

Shop for New York for Gentlemen products online

Search Amazon for New York for Gentlemen

Member images of New York for Gentlemen

There are no member images of New York for Gentlemen yet. Why not be the first?