Vallee des Rois (1998)
    by Mira Takla

Average Rating:

Vallee des Rois information

Vallee des Rois is a women's fragrance by Mira Takla. The scent was launched in 1998

Reviews of Vallee des Rois

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

knit at nite's avatar

OOPS! - I added this to the directory too fast. It was launched in 1988- not 1998.

I came across this beautiful big floral-oriental by accident on a vacation while browsing in Harrods in 1995 and it was love at first sniff! Travel budget smashed with no regret. When I tried to buy VDR again, it had been discontinued. After a worldwide internet search, I managed to located one more bottle from a lovely lady in England. This is the one I'd save in an earthquake.
    VDR is a big scent and could easily overwhelm- but I LOVE it in the "my eyes roll back in my head" type of way. I even love the kitschy blue glass bottle with gold Egyptian touches.

I realize this is more fawning than an actual review of the notes. I'm not good at separating floral notes. When I smelled Chergui for the first time in 2009, I thought the heart has some resinous similarity to VDR. In fact Chergui is the only scent I've come across remotely similar to VDR. Yet, the primary focus in VDR is big flowers first, morphing into resins, finally spices.
    VDR has fabulous longevity and sillage, as is typical of an 80's powerhouse.

Mira Takla is apparently an British Egyptologist of some repute. Why she decided to market a perfume is anyone's guess. If she's got a case of VDR stashed in her basement, she's one lucky woman.

19 July, 2012

Add your review of Vallee des Rois

Search for on eBay United States

empty Vallee des Rois by Mira Takla 0.25 fl. oz. parfum bottle with box. RARE.
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)