Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow (1913)
    by Novaya Zarya

Reviews of Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

Pimpinett's avatar
    Pimpinett
    Sweden Sweden

I have a very old bottle of Krasnaya Moskva, a very simple, slightly rounded rectangular bottle with a tiny red and gold sticker and a glass stopper; mid-century or thereabouts. According to the consignment shop ladies who sold it to me it came from a very old Hungarian lady who escaped to Sweden in the 'fifties; they, and in turn me, also got a number of other vintage fragrances from her.

The Krasnaya Moskva I have is a sweet and heady floriental, heavy on the rose and carnation with a mildly spicy, vanillic base. It's loud, brash, warm and very powdery. I like carnation notes, I like powder and I like this old-fashioned style in perfume, so I enjoy it very much both on it's own actual merits, as a classic carnation fragrance, and for the historical connotations it carries for me. Well worth a sniff, and maybe more if you like carnation.

01st December, 2012

muskymoi's avatar
    muskymoi

This gets the best rating, first and foremost, because my babushka wore this perfume her whole life. When she died I grabbed the bottle off her vanity before anyone could dispose of it. I knew at 10 years old the strong connection between scent and memory. I'm glad I took the bottle.

04 September, 2012