Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow (1913)
by Novaya Zarya

Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow information

Year of Launch1913

HouseNovaya Zarya
PerfumerAuguste Michel

About Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow is a feminine perfume by Novaya Zarya. The scent was launched in 1913 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Auguste Michel

Reviews of Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

I have a very old bottle of Krasnaya Moskva, a very simple, slightly rounded rectangular bottle with a tiny red and gold sticker and a glass stopper; mid-century or thereabouts. According to the consignment shop ladies who sold it to me it came from a very old Hungarian lady who escaped to Sweden in the 'fifties; they, and in turn me, also got a number of other vintage fragrances from her.

The Krasnaya Moskva I have is a sweet and heady floriental, heavy on the rose and carnation with a mildly spicy, vanillic base. It's loud, brash, warm and very powdery. I like carnation notes, I like powder and I like this old-fashioned style in perfume, so I enjoy it very much both on it's own actual merits, as a classic carnation fragrance, and for the historical connotations it carries for me. Well worth a sniff, and maybe more if you like carnation.
01st December, 2012
This gets the best rating, first and foremost, because my babushka wore this perfume her whole life. When she died I grabbed the bottle off her vanity before anyone could dispose of it. I knew at 10 years old the strong connection between scent and memory. I'm glad I took the bottle.
04th September, 2012

Add your review of Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

Shop for Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow products online

Search Amazon for Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

Member images of Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow

There are no member images of Krasnaya Moskva / Red Moscow yet. Why not be the first?