Fresh

Fresh information

HouseZents
PerfumerSarah Horowitz-Thran

About Fresh

Fresh is a shared / unisex perfume by Zents. The fragrance was created by perfumer Sarah Horowitz-Thran

Fresh fragrance notes

Reviews of Fresh

I had a really primal emotional/nostalgic reaction to this one, and I think it must smell like something I wore as a teen, probably Love's Rain Scent or a China Rain oil from a hippie shop. It's better than that, yet kind of a throwback to that time - a few decades ago you could get scents that were "fresh" in this manner, and that weren't tart, plant stemmy, or grapefruity.

So we're not talking about a serious perfume here, yet...when I'm feeling fragile or want a cooling spritz of something before or after a dance class, this is often it. I do love the floral accord - I get linden mixed with heliotrope for something akin to sniffing lilac in the breeze. I love natural lilacs, yet used as a very literal and concentrated perfume accord (I think all lilac accords are synthetic), "lilac" in perfumes usually smells like Glade air freshener to me.

So the gentleness and indistinctness of this scent could be called weak, yet I think it's just right. It works because of the concentration - any stronger and it would lose any evocative quality and be a Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day baby detergent smell.

In a way, that's what it is I suppose!

Though if you've got a weak spot for China Rain-type scents, I'd check it out!

26th May, 2014
An aquatic fruity floral mix of cucumber and apple with a weird vodka effect on top that I think kind of messes it up - to me, it smells like Purell hand sanitizer. This eventually goes away as a rather nice linden blossom note creeps in and becomes the focus of the scent. The aquatic cucumber melon smell never really goes away, so you'd have to be a fan of that sort of thing to enjoy Fresh.

Many of these Zents perfumes seem to have fantastic floral notes paired with unfortunate "fresh" smells. I guess that's the preferred artistic statement of their company, but I would have really really loved to have smelled the amazing lime blossom in Oolong without the soap and the freesia in Petal without the melon. Oh well...

23rd April, 2013

Add your review of Fresh

Shop for Fresh products online

Search Amazon for Fresh

Member images of Fresh

There are no member images of Fresh yet. Why not be the first?