Déclaration d'Un Soir (2012)
by Cartier

Déclaration d'Un Soir information

Year of Launch2012

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Déclaration d'Un Soir

Déclaration d'Un Soir is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Déclaration d'Un Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration d'Un Soir

Not one of my favorite Declaration flankers. The bottle is impressive, but the potion within feels too tampered with.

Muddled, dark moldy liquid that departs too much from the cumin woodiness that I'd come to love in the original. It's too chaotic and overinnovative, even with pepper and rose which are notes I love. I can't even pin down the proper occasions to wear this nor the Intense version; anecdotally, I tried some on as a test and got a not-so-pleased look from a fellow commuter afterwards.

I am quite content with the flankers of Declaration that have already come out not to want to include this and its Intense version in my collection. But I am always open to whatever new concepts Cartier wishes to offer of the arguably legendary original Declaration.
09th August, 2018
Ifti Show all reviews
Special!
Really well blended selection of notes that create something erring on divine.
I feel I'm really liking cardamom as a frag note! Cardamom and nutmeg (pleasing greenish fresh with a bite, piquant) over rose and sandalwood ( lush and smooth) created a opulent ( never brash ) and rich deep and pleasing aroma.
Quite romantic, special occasion dress up fragrance.
7-8/10.
26th May, 2018
Same as the original this smells like Indian food on my skin. On paper these smell better.
13th May, 2018
Stardate 20180503:

I sprayed this by accident and am glad I did. A very distinctive scent and uncharacteristic of current designer trend.
I would describe it as gingery amber/caramel with rose. I do not get nutmeg or SW.
The sweetness in this is reminiscent of Scent Intense. A sugary amber.
Development could be better but no complains since some actual thought was given into making this.
I think Coriandre by Couturier was the inspiration for this.
Update: This is a Coriandre clone once the top is gone.
03rd May, 2018 (last edited: 07th May, 2018)
This is a fragrance I envision Dracula wearing if he wore a fragrance. The one word that comes to mind from the aroma of this fragrance is 'romantic'. This is due to the dominant note in it being the smell of rose, mixed with sandalwood and lots of pepper as well as hints of cardamom and nutmeg to make it a very masculine rose fragrance (which is pretty rare). The rose is also extremely well done and smells like fresh rose petals. On drydown it's mostly rose and sandalwood. The overall impression is of a very unique spicy and woody rose scent that works for men, although I think women could wear this too just due to the rose note. The rose note is really well done as well, and smells like real roses. This is definitely a night time fragrance or one to wear with formal clothes (in fact the name 'd'un soir' literally means 'of an evening' in French); it doesn't work for casual situations at all. Sillage is moderate while longevity is also moderate but leaning strong. The bottle is also very interestingly designed, and features an innovative lock feature. Overall, I think this is Cartier's finest work in their fragrance line.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018
Dish detergent accord and then settles rather rapidly into a woody rosy groove. Strong performer. Like this much better than straight Declaration.
29th March, 2018

Add your review of Déclaration d'Un Soir

Shop for Déclaration d'Un Soir products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Déclaration d'Un Soir