Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Déclaration d'Un Soir (2012)
by Cartier

Déclaration d'Un Soir information

Year of Launch2012

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Déclaration d'Un Soir

Déclaration d'Un Soir is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Déclaration d'Un Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration d'Un Soir

Same as the original this smells like Indian food on my skin. On paper these smell better.
13th May, 2018
Stardate 20180503:

I sprayed this by accident and am glad I did. A very distinctive scent and uncharacteristic of current designer trend.
I would describe it as gingery amber/caramel with rose. I do not get nutmeg or SW.
The sweetness in this is reminiscent of Scent Intense. A sugary amber.
Development could be better but no complains since some actual thought was given into making this.
I think Coriandre by Couturier was the inspiration for this.
Update: This is a Coriandre clone once the top is gone.
03rd May, 2018 (last edited: 07th May, 2018)
This is a fragrance I envision Dracula wearing if he wore a fragrance. The one word that comes to mind from the aroma of this fragrance is 'romantic'. This is due to the dominant note in it being the smell of rose, mixed with sandalwood and lots of pepper as well as hints of cardamom and nutmeg to make it a very masculine rose fragrance (which is pretty rare). The rose is also extremely well done and smells like fresh rose petals. On drydown it's mostly rose and sandalwood. The overall impression is of a very unique spicy and woody rose scent that works for men, although I think women could wear this too just due to the rose note. The rose note is really well done as well, and smells like real roses. This is definitely a night time fragrance or one to wear with formal clothes (in fact the name 'd'un soir' literally means 'of an evening' in French); it doesn't work for casual situations at all. Sillage is moderate while longevity is also moderate but leaning strong. The bottle is also very interestingly designed, and features an innovative lock feature. Overall, I think this is Cartier's finest work in their fragrance line.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018
Dish detergent accord and then settles rather rapidly into a woody rosy groove. Strong performer. Like this much better than straight Declaration.
29th March, 2018
I liked it at first. Linear and piercing as it is, though, I can't stand this after an hour.
21st March, 2018
I get the pepper, the wood, and a tiny hint of cumin, but I don't get tons of overt rosi-ness. A little, yes, but my reaction upon spraying it isn't, "whoa, giant rose." It's more like a woody rose without the flowery aspect.

In any case, this is one I return to throughout the year, and I find it's good in any season. Very clean, very classy. That said, it's more a meeting and business lunch cologne for me than a date night one.
15th January, 2018