Déclaration d'Un Soir (2012)
by Cartier

Déclaration d'Un Soir information

Year of Launch2012

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Déclaration d'Un Soir

Déclaration d'Un Soir is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Déclaration d'Un Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration d'Un Soir

Decent, borderline masculine, Cartier quality scent.

The rose note is quite dominant, but the scent isn't that off putting as one would expect. Fragrance is strong and long lasting but mild in character at the same time.

When speaking of decency, this fragrance emits some form of gentlemen like, cavalier energy. Funny indeed, when was the last time I heard or used the term "cavalier"? Beats me, but I'll sure remember this scent.

I'd wear it in the spring, maybe even summer. Autumn definitely, but not winter. I wouldn't go clubbing with this one, albeit there are few Youtube reviewers who swear this works in the club. Now, a regular non-clubbing night out, sure. Dating, night or day, why not. Office, sure with mild application.

Personally, I'm not crazy about this one. I don't think it suits me. Regardless, it does invite me to give it a chance with a full bottle. Not now, not yet, but most likely in some time.

No matter what one may think about Declaration d'Un Soir, it is a very inviting fragrance, always somehow mildly, sincerely smiling and welcoming to the wearer and the environment.

Originality 5/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 7/10
____________________
72,5%
14th September, 2017
An elegant rose-based scent, Cartier's Declaration d'Un Soir is a contradiction in terms: soft and subtle, yet long lasting and near beast-mode projecting.
26th February, 2017
First Impressions: by mid-morning, the harmony of the opening and mid-notes combine to create a beautiful arrangement of floral, citrus and subtle rose tones and reminded me of my childhood when my mother would drag her 10 year old son through high-end women’s department stores and the fresh, clean, glamorous scents that filled the air ~ it made me incredibly nostalgic of a time gone by.

The opening wears clean and fresh but screams of style and sophistication.

By mid-afternoon, the floral/spicy notes slowly evolve into a warm and sensual woody accord.

This beautiful composition from start to finish has great longevity and decent projection. Acceptable for the office but I’ll save wearing it again for special occasions. Thoroughly enjoyable.
21st September, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. Tell me why? I don't like roses......

I am the odd man out--I get that. I simply do not like the smell of roses. Not on the bush or vine and not in perfume. Beautiful flowers--I have a garden full of them--but I will stoop to sniff a gardenia or honeysuckle or lavender and walk past the roses (and I am a Deadhead...), clippers in hand, ready to strike. To make it worse, I think that the scent is forever to be associated with women's perfume, some of which are lovely (Nahéma, I've got your back), but it means that to me a "masculine rose" is an oxymoron.

So what am I doing reviewing Déclaration d'Un Soir? Well, I was given a sample (and I love Déclaration) so I thought I'd give it a try. What did I find? A beautiful, classy fragrance that has little to do with the original (I know, they both have Cardamom and Cumin) and could easily give Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme a run for its money.

Wow, is this beautifully constructed; as rich as freshly minted gold sovereigns and as pretty as--well, Bob Geldorf in his youth. The wonderful, dirty orange note has been replaced by sandalwood and pepper but this is first and foremost a rose scent. Would I ever buy/wear this? No. Am I longing to wash it off? Sort of. Is it a beautiful scent that rose lovers, male and female should wear? Absolutely. And like the plants in my garden, I will walk past them to smell other, more pleasing scents, but credit them with knowing pure beauty when they see it, even if I do not.
09th August, 2016

Declaration d’Un Soir opens with a lot of potential… Cool, dignified, abstract, original... I quite like it… green and sparkly… attributed, I think, to the cardamom and pepper. Spicy, yes, aggressive or over the top, no way… not that kind of fragrance. There’s a bit of nutmeg in there, I suspect, but the underlying quality of the accord is furnished by a very nice sandalwood, which provides a solid, textured, elegant even… foundation. I don’t get a lot of rose in the fragrance: the rose note seems to be more of an aspect sandalwood texture.

Declaration d’Un Soir is a pleasant, uplifting fragrance. I like its cool attitude, its soft projection, its abstraction, its clean sandalwood, its good longevity, and especially the fact that it is not like the original Declaration.
28th July, 2016
Mild THUMB UP

if you love rose then this is for you, if you hate rose, wait!...............this still might be for you, at least give it a try, a sample/decant or borrow a spray or two at your local fragrance shop

i admit that i get self conscious about scents that are a bit too feminine, this gets rather close to that line i have drawn in my mind when considering fragrances

cartier managed to rework rose and blend it in rather well with the other notes

good projection and good life, on my skin

pros: nice/unisex/a bit different

cons: SAME from initial spray till it fades away
03rd June, 2016