Déclaration d'Un Soir (2012)
by Cartier

Déclaration d'Un Soir information

Year of Launch2012

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Déclaration d'Un Soir

Déclaration d'Un Soir is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Déclaration d'Un Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration d'Un Soir

I get the pepper, the wood, and a tiny hint of cumin, but I don't get tons of overt rosi-ness. A little, yes, but my reaction upon spraying it isn't, "whoa, giant rose." It's more like a woody rose without the flowery aspect.

In any case, this is one I return to throughout the year, and I find it's good in any season. Very clean, very classy. That said, it's more a meeting and business lunch cologne for me than a date night one.
15th January, 2018
Along with Rose 31 (they really don't smell alike), one of the best and most unique masculine rose scents that I've smelled. Déclaration d'Un Soir doesn't go into the heavy rose+incense route in the opening that many other take. Instead it goes into a peppery, refreshing rose, almost like sniffing the top a carbonated mixed drink from the bar. In the drydown, it's more of the same but the fizziness is replaced with light woody notes.

This feels like a spring scent and more formal than casual.

I get very good projection and longevity.
13th January, 2018
This is hands down my favourite rose fragrance. Montale Black Aoud was too in your face for my liking and Amouage Lyric Man leans too feminine. This is the middle ground. Very elegant,Very fresh and very upmarket. Love it!!!
29th December, 2017 (last edited: 23rd January, 2018)
Pepper, rose, woods.

The pepper provides a simultaneous warmth and coolness to the sheer woods, and the rose is a subtle but alluring distraction. The peppery woods provide the introduction before the rose brings a lateral twist to the composition, and then fades out, with a cloud of woods hangs about skin, laced with green cardamom. The cardamom is explored throughout the development, showcasing its green, earthy and at times an abstract nutty quality.

Declaration d'Un Soir isn't a study on rose, or woods, or anything really. Rather, it's functional but interesting, and an interesting androgynous floral scent. I like it most in warm and cool weathers, in evenings, and with a generous application. While it could have been more bodacious, it effortlessly bridges the modern and the romantic, and provides adequate satisfaction.

No relation to the original Declaration, well, except for the woods.

3.5/5
04th November, 2017
Decent, borderline masculine, Cartier quality scent.

The rose note is quite dominant, but the scent isn't that off putting as one would expect. Fragrance is strong and long lasting but mild in character at the same time.

When speaking of decency, this fragrance emits some form of gentlemen like, cavalier energy. Funny indeed, when was the last time I heard or used the term "cavalier"? Beats me, but I'll sure remember this scent.

I'd wear it in the spring, maybe even summer. Autumn definitely, but not winter. I wouldn't go clubbing with this one, albeit there are few Youtube reviewers who swear this works in the club. Now, a regular non-clubbing night out, sure. Dating, night or day, why not. Office, sure with mild application.

Personally, I'm not crazy about this one. I don't think it suits me. Regardless, it does invite me to give it a chance with a full bottle. Not now, not yet, but most likely in some time.

No matter what one may think about Declaration d'Un Soir, it is a very inviting fragrance, always somehow mildly, sincerely smiling and welcoming to the wearer and the environment.

Originality 5/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 7/10
____________________
72,5%
14th September, 2017
An elegant rose-based scent, Cartier's Declaration d'Un Soir is a contradiction in terms: soft and subtle, yet long lasting and near beast-mode projecting.
26th February, 2017